Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

ianuss wrote: »
    I would have agreed totally with that until a few weeks ago. I watched Sligo v Boh's in the FAI Cup semi, and Sligo play seriously good football. They absolutely played Boh's off the park. I was so impressed with what I saw that I'm going to the final next weekend in The Aviva (tickets are only €10 btw FAI and IRFU). I'm genuinely really looking forward to it too. Haven't been to a LOI game in nearly 20 years.
    Nice one for the heads up on that - the auld fella was a Rovers fan back in the 60s, might bring him along for a look at the Aviva.

Got a link for tickets? Just looking on the FAI site here but it's a mess

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

joker77 wrote: »
    Nice one for the heads up on that - the auld fella was a Rovers fan back in the 60s, might bring him along for a look at the Aviva.

Got a link for tickets? Just looking on the FAI site here but it's a mess

http://www.airtricityleague.com/index.php/about/press-office/2476-fai-ford-cup-final-tickets-from-5

Tickets available here; http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004555C3395127?artistid=962039&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=741

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Picked up the tickets, in the neutral section - Upper East. Looking forward to seeing this new stadium.

The only thing that would put me off would be the Rovers fans. I went to a game down in UCD at the start of the season - my brother was home for a few days and himself and my Dad would usually go to either a LOI or Magners league game when he's home (sports freaks the pair of them), so I tagged along. It was actually a decent enough game - Rovers beat UCD 2-1 but were blessed, UCD really should have gotten more out of the game. Anywho, the fans were all mixed and there were a section of rovers fans that were taunting UCD, when their second goal went in (about 3 minutes go to), they really ramped it up - making w@nker signs with their hands, insulting chants etc. Really put a dampener on the whole thing for me - I'd contemplated making the trip out to Tallaght to start going to Rovers games but decided against it after that. I know it's probably only a minority, but the Rovers fans really came across bad from what I saw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

joker77 wrote: »
    Picked up the tickets, in the neutral section - Upper East. Looking forward to seeing this new stadium.

The only thing that would put me off would be the Rovers fans. I went to a game down in UCD at the start of the season - my brother was home for a few days and himself and my Dad would usually go to either a LOI or Magners league game when he's home (sports freaks the pair of them), so I tagged along. It was actually a decent enough game - Rovers beat UCD 2-1 but were blessed, UCD really should have gotten more out of the game. Anywho, the fans were all mixed and there were a section of rovers fans that were taunting UCD, when their second goal went in (about 3 minutes go to), they really ramped it up - making w@nker signs with their hands, insulting chants etc. Really put a dampener on the whole thing for me - I'd contemplated making the trip out to Tallaght to start going to Rovers games but decided against it after that. I know it's probably only a minority, but the Rovers fans really came across bad from what I saw.

There's a gang of us in the same section - and for more or less the same reasons. Rovers fans have garnered a bad name over the years. I was going to sit in the Sligo section but my da's a Rovers man so we compromised.

I used to go to a lot of their games when they played in The RDS. A friend of my dad's used to play in goals for them so he used to take me along to their home games. Once his mate got a transfer to Dundalk that was the end of my LOI supporter days.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Here is a deadly method of self defense if anyone wants to know how to kill using the '27 deadliest poison hand techniques' ever devised. Funny thing is, this bloke is actually serious and has a whole martial art school!!! :eek: :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

148491_10150303185480554_545910553_15539183_6525286_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Here is a deadly method of self defense if anyone wants to know how to kill using the '27 deadliest poison hand techniques' ever devised. Funny thing is, this bloke is actually serious and has a whole martial art school!!! :eek: :D

LOL grip the Ear then rip it off....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

2ynibcw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Just witnessed my younger broher turn into a gibbering mess when his lazer card was declined in a shop tonight whilst he was trying to buy black ops at 12 o clock.

Cue frantic driving to get to an ATM and even more frantic driving to get back to the shop.

We passed by 3 other computer games shops and there were people cueing outside in the pissing rain.

By the way i was only with him because we were meant to go to the chipper afterwards which didnt happen

Guess this game is a big deal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭francois

seannash wrote: »
    Just witnessed my younger broher turn into a gibbering mess when his lazer card was declined in a shop tonight whilst he was trying to buy black ops at 12 o clock.

Cue frantic driving to get to an ATM and even more frantic driving to get back to the shop.

We past by 3 other computer games shops and there were people cueing outside in the pissing rain.

By the way i was only with him because we were meant to go to the chipper afterwards which didnt happen

Guess this game is a big deal

I work for xtra-vision and we had 30 000 pre-books for the game-massive interest in it

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

francois wrote: »
    I work for xtra-vision and we had 30 000 pre-books for the game-massive interest in it

Are you out in the office on Greenhills Road? Been out there many a time to see one of the buyers there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭francois

Are you out in the office on Greenhills Road? Been out there many a time to see one of the buyers there.
    I am indeed, hiding in the IT office, drop by next time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

I did the whole midnight release thing last year for MW2. Was pretty embarassing meeting a load of old mates in the xtravision to get a video game literally the minute it came out.

I'm not even gonna bother getting Black Ops. I hate treyarch's graphics and sounds and Black Ops just looks like their usual shtuff.
    I'm sure when the next one comes out by Infinity Ward, I'll be standing in the rain outside an xtravision thinking 'what the fcuk have I done with my life?'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

jtsuited wrote: »
    I'm sure when the next one comes out by Infinity Ward, I'll be standing in the rain outside an xtravision thinking 'what the fcuk have I done with my life?'.

Looking forward to reading the full article on your Blog chief:D

Looking forward to reading the full article on your Blog chief:D

haha. no doubt i'll pad the main point of 'what the fcuk am I doing with my life?' with some sort of ontological nonsense about simulated reality fulfilling our basic primal needs or some other such bollocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

I did the whole midnight release thing last year for MW2. Was pretty embarassing meeting a load of old mates in the xtravision to get a video game literally the minute it came out.

What do you do in that situation? Do you pretend you're doing something else to hide the fact you're a grown man queueing for a video game like a ten year Harry Potter fan queues for the latest book? Do you try to ignore each other and loudly declare that all you wanted to do was get out the Notebook but you're stuck in this bloody line? Or would you hug each other if you hadn't grown so incapable of human interaction? Is there a scale of sadness involved in this venture starting with mildly embarrassed to be such a fanboy to the kind of person interacting with real life for the first time in 6 years?

So many fascinating questions…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭acman

I'm not even gonna bother getting Black Ops. I hate treyarch's graphics and sounds and Black Ops just looks like their usual shtuff.

I'm pretty sure you will come round - be it for sheer curiosity's sake (there is only so much convincing online reviews can do) or for the want of change after playing MW2 to death. I see what you mean about the sound and graphics though - my first impressions last night were that it is a bit too cartoon-like (the choppers for instance look AWFUL) and SOME of the sounds lack realism (or at least what Hollywood has conditioned me to expect). All in all, I am having fun with it so far, lots of new/refined features and the gameplay is pretty rock solid too. You will end up buying / stealing it sooner or later, mark my words :D

Haven't played MW2 since Halo Reach came out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭acman

Haven't played MW2 since Halo Reach came out.

I'm pretty sure you will come round - be it for sheer curiosity's sake (there is only so much convincing online reviews can do) or for the want of change after playing MW2 Halo Reach to death.

Anyone the first episode of The Walking Dead on FX? Slow enough to start but pretty fúcking excellent by the end. Can't wait to see the next episode on Friday. It has a very similar beginning to 28 Days Later but the graphic novel that Walking Dead is based on predates 28 Days Later but I think the two of them have the same inspiration point in Day of the Triffids (excellent book - everyone should read it) which is where the similarity comes from.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I'm a converted console gamer. Outside of proper sessions involving my favourite dance music, I went to many LAN gaming sessions over the years in mates houses, which were brilliant. Mind you, lugging a 21" CRT monitor around the place was no mean feat! I switched to an Xbox about 4 years ago when I no longer had the space for a PC and while I'm not completely converted, I love playing it. FPS games don't do it justice, particularly online, but for anything that doesn't require pinpoint accuracy the controller is great. Plus, there's no comparison between lying on your couch with the controller or sitting at a desk with your PC.

I played MW2 and loved it, though it was ridiculously short. I know there was a lot of detail in it, but for a game that you've just spent €50 - €60 to last no more than 7 - 8 hours is crazy. I'll probably pick the new one up over Christmas and hope that it lasts a little longer. I played Forza 3 for almost 6 months, then Borderlands (which was great), MW2, and now Assassins Creed 2, which is also great though bordering on the slow side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

Anyone the first episode of The Walking Dead on FX? Slow enough to start but pretty fúcking excellent by the end. Can't wait to see the next episode on Friday. It has a very similar beginning to 28 Days Later but the graphic novel that Walking Dead is based on predates 28 Days Later but I think the two of them have the same inspiration point in Day of the Triffids (excellent book - everyone should read it) which is where the similarity comes from.

Wasn't a fan to be honest. Boardwalk Empire for my pre-Christmas viewing coupled with the latest series of 30 Rock and Eastbound and Down for light relief.

jimi_t2 wrote: »
    Wasn't a fan to be honest. Boardwalk Empire for my pre-Christmas viewing coupled with the latest series of 30 Rock and Eastbound and Down for light relief.

I'm looking forward to Boardwalk Empire as well. I'm a bit of horror fan, which is about 5 rungs below being a gamer so I've suffered much in my life but I think it was a pretty promising start to a series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

I'm looking forward to Boardwalk Empire as well. I'm a bit of horror fan, which is about 5 rungs below being a gamer so I've suffered much in my life but I think it was a pretty promising start to a series.

Wow another horror fan. I thought I was the only one. Hopefully you're not into Hollywood Bulls**t horror like Saw etc. Give me the Japanese and Italians any day. Cannibal Holocaust (like I mentioned earlier in thread) is a must see but definitely not for the squeamish.

SteoL wrote: »
    Wow another horror fan. I thought I was the only one. Hopefully you're not into Hollywood Bulls**t horror like Saw etc. Give me the Japanese and Italians any day. Cannibal Holocaust (like I mentioned earlier in thread) is a must see but definitely not for the squeamish.

Saw is the most pointless series that has ever existed imo. Seen a couple of Japanese and Italian but they would be more my brother's scene tbh. I will definitely have to check out Cannibal Holocaust sometime soon - the brother raves about it. I like good, decent, taut psychological horror. Eden Lake, The Children, Martyrs - stuff like that. Also partial to the odd zombie flick like Dawn of the Dead and Rec which is why I think I'm liking the Walking Dead so much. Also, I absolutely loved Frank Darabont's The Mist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Saw is the most pointless series that has ever existed imo. Seen a couple of Japanese and Italian but they would be more my brother's scene tbh. I will definitely have to check out Cannibal Holocaust sometime soon - the brother raves about it. I like good, decent, taut psychological horror. Eden Lake, The Children, Martyrs - stuff like that. Also partial to the odd zombie flick like Dawn of the Dead and Rec which is why I think I'm liking the Walking Dead so much. Also, I absolutely loved Frank Darabont's The Mist.

Eden Lake was fantastic, as was Martyrs. You should check out Gasper Noes Irreversible. Watch it on Acid (actually don't seriously).

SteoL wrote: »
    Eden Lake was fantastic, as was Martyrs. You should check out Gasper Noes Irreversible. Watch it on Acid (actually don't seriously).

Will do, em, except not on acid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Heres three i liked anyways,

house_1000_corpses.jpg (and i have watched this one on acid)

B00005ATQJ.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

hills_have_eyes.jpg&t=1

And seeing as you mentioned taut psychological stuff have you ever seen this,

straw_dogs_01.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Eden Lake was very tough going. We saw it in the cinema and there wasn't a word spoken by anyone on the way out afterwards. Rec was excellent, but I'll be honest and say that I haven't been genuinely scared in a movie for a long time (with the possible exception of the end scene in Rec). Oddly enough, the Blair Witch Project scared the crap out of me because I saw it in the US before all the hype and was foolishly made to believe it was a documentary by my sister who had already seen it.

Advertisement