Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

SuprSi wrote: »
    Eden Lake was very tough going. We saw it in the cinema and there wasn't a word spoken by anyone on the way out afterwards. Rec was excellent, but I'll be honest and say that I haven't been genuinely scared in a movie for a long time (with the possible exception of the end scene in Rec). Oddly enough, the Blair Witch Project scared the crap out of me because I saw it in the US before all the hype and was foolishly made to believe it was a documentary by my sister who had already seen it.

Yeah REC is class and I believe part 2 is excellent also. I hate TBWP with a passion but that's because it was ruined by the hype. Did you know that they ripped the theme from Cannibal Holocaust which was made in the 80's? It has the same impact today but DO NOT read up about it beforehand as it will ruin it for you.

Anyone seen A Serbian Film? It's Serbia's Cannibal Holocaust according to the director. It's been refused at many decent film festivals. Very very rough viewing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭acman

I like good, decent, taut psychological horror. Eden Lake, The Children, Martyrs - stuff like that. Also partial to the odd zombie flick like Dawn of the Dead and Rec which is why I think I'm liking the Walking Dead so much. Also, I absolutely loved Frank Darabont's The Mist.

Another horror fan here! Eden Lake is one of my favourite modern day horror films.

Some more of my personal horror movie favourites:

Antichrist (2009)

Hard Candy (2005)

Triangle (2009)

and the most badass horror of the 2000's:

Inside (2007) (if you thought Eden Lake was bad...)

I'm also a sucker for most Zombie flicks, including a guilty pleasure, Resident Evil - There, I've said it :o

acman wrote: »
    Another horror fan here! Eden Lake is one of my favourite modern day horror films.

Antichrist (2009)

Hard Candy (2005)

Triangle (2009)

I'm also a sucker for most Zombie flicks, including a guilty pleasure, Resident Evil - There, I've said it :o

Yes Inside is F****D UP. The French have been producing some quality horror lately. Malefique is one I would highly recommend if you're into your supernatural horror.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

I really liked this one and have been told by mostly everyone they didnt like it,

eventhorizon.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

acman wrote: »

Antichrist (2009)

Hard Candy (2005)

Triangle (2009)

Triangle is fecking brilliant. And I've seen the first 3 Resident Evil movies as well. :o

Splinter is a good one to watch. Also Dread, Home Movie, Babysitter Wanted and The Disappeared are all worth a gander.

Event Horizon is an absolute classic and 1408 is another decent bid budget one.

• Advertisement

I really liked this one and have been told by mostly everyone they didnt like it,

I thought event horizon was great!

On a similar note, check out:

Moon (2009)

and:

Sunshine (2007)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Event Horizon is just class, pure sci-fi terror. I had high hopes for Pandorum (IMDB: Pandorum) as it's another space-based scary movie but having read the reviews I gave it a miss, plus I'd never convince the missus that she would enjoy it! Anyone else seen it?

Sunshine didn't work for me. I love my sci-fi but this was just a bit too much. I enjoyed it up until
    they came across the missing astronaut/solider who started killing everyone off
    but it just got very crazy after that and it never really recovered.

Sunshine didn't work for me. I love my sci-fi but this was just a bit too much. I enjoyed it up until
    they came across the missing astronaut/solider who started killing everyone off
    but it just got very crazy after that and it never really recovered.

I thought Sunshine was terrible. It was overlong, overwrought and over complicated and the story was just plain phooey. When that point happened that you're talking about, I just said 'Seriously, wtf?'

Event Horizon is just class, pure sci-fi terror. I had high hopes for Pandorum (IMDB: Pandorum) as it's another space-based scary movie but having read the reviews I gave it a miss, plus I'd never convince the missus that she would enjoy it! Anyone else seen it?

If you like Event Horizon, Pandorum is definitely worth your while watching. I wouldn't compare the two, but still a good watch.

• Advertisement

Really not as bad as the reviews made out but not a classic either. A pass the time sort of movie.

Eraserhead
    Inland Empire
    Mullholland Drive
    Lost Highway

Anyone into him?

Another good film, not to tense but great acting & concept,

t1682_the-dead-zone-1983-internal-dvdrip-xvid-criterion.jpg

And lets not forget this gem,

carrie-prom-hi-res-flyer1-300x287.jpg

Another good film, not to tense but great acting & concept,

t1682_the-dead-zone-1983-internal-dvdrip-xvid-criterion.jpg

And lets not forget this gem,

carrie-prom-hi-res-flyer1-300x287.jpg

Excellent movies but even better books.

I thought Sunshine was terrible. It was overlong, overwrought and over complicated and the story was just plain phooey. When that point happened that you're talking about, I just said 'Seriously, wtf?'

Yeah, Mr. Overcooked wasn't very convincing at all...still enjoyed the movie though.

Anybody remember this and it's god awful sequel?

The Cube (1997)

Anyone seen Pontypool. An odd little film about people that become zombie like from infected words. Very strange but interesting and the main guy in it playing the DJ is great.

The Orphanage
    The Devils Backbone
    The Untold Story (Chinese)
    Ebola Syndrom (Chinese)
    Audition (Japanese)
    Assault! Jack the Ripper (Japanese Pinku)
    In a Glass Cage (such a disturbing film - Spanish I think)
    Cannibal (highly disturbing account of the Armiens Miews German fella or whatever his name was).
    Cannibal Ferox
    Human Pork Chop (Chinese)
    Concrete Encased High School Murder Case (Chinese/Japanese not too sure which)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

Anyone the first episode of The Walking Dead on FX? Slow enough to start but pretty fúcking excellent by the end. Can't wait to see the next episode on Friday. It has a very similar beginning to 28 Days Later but the graphic novel that Walking Dead is based on predates 28 Days Later but I think the two of them have the same inspiration point in Day of the Triffids (excellent book - everyone should read it) which is where the similarity comes from.

I just started watching it there - it's not bad. I like Andrew Lincoln, I was a fan of This Life and he was very good in Teachers. But what really bugs me is the way an American show uses English actors and gets them to use retarded accents. I mean, it's not like they've got a small pool of actors to chose from or anything?!

The original film that inspired i am legend, seen this when i was small & by jaysus it scared the sh.ite outta me,

the-omega-man.jpg&t=1

As did this at the time & i have it on DVD now,

salems-lot.gif

Anyone seen Pontypool. An odd little film about people that become zombie like from infected words. Very strange but interesting and the main guy in it playing the DJ is great.

Heard it's a good one alright. Trick or Treat was deadly. Anthology, similar to Creepshow and Tales from the Crypt.

• Advertisement

The original film that inspired i am legend, seen this when i was small & by jaysus it scared the sh.ite outta me,

the-omega-man.jpg&t=1

As did this at the time & i have it on DVD now,

salems-lot.gif

Ah Salems Lot the first ever miniseries to scare the living daylights out of me,

SteoL wrote: »
    Heard it's a good one alright. Trick or Treat was deadly. Anthology, similar to Creepshow and Tales from the Crypt.

Ah, I really enjoyed Trick or Treat last Halloween. I liked it so much that this Halloween I bought Creepshow. Jaaayysssuusssss, what a crock of sh!t…

Ah, I really enjoyed Trick or Treat last Halloween. I liked it so much that this Halloween I bought Creepshow. Jaaayysssuusssss, what a crock of sh!t…

Creepshow is a guilty pleasure of mine. As is part 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

One of my decks just died! :( I was only recently saying how great and rock solid they are, and that I never had a problem with them.

Well I suppose something had to go wrong eventually, and they are older than some posters on here after all! :)

Some vinyl just arrived today with more to come tomorrow, and I also ordered some earlier on.

Think it may be an internal fuse? Anybody any experience with this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Ddisco

Guy over on adverts put up an ad recently - he fixes technics decks - might be worth a look baz

Ddisco wrote: »
    Guy over on adverts put up an ad recently - he fixes technics decks - might be worth a look baz

Yeah noticed that alright. But if it's something simple I should be able to do it myself. I've changed both track lights which is quite tricky so I'd imagine changing internal fuses should be ok. Although Technics do have a habit of making things a little tricky to get at!

It might be easier to fix the problem than to diagnose what it is though.

Just opened it up there and the fuse seem fine. Won't know until I get a continuity tester onto them. Pain in the hole!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Some vinyl just arrived today with more to come tomorrow, and I also ordered some earlier on.

What Vinyl did you get?

I've been on a vinyl shopping spree myself lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

I only ordered stuff a month ago, and I've already an itchy trigger finger on discogs...

Advertisement