Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

fukin bandwagon jumpers. Going out there and buying a lovingly crafted physical copy that gives a full bandwidth listening experience, while supporting artists and labels.

I remember back in the day when all we had was a macbook pro, traktor, a tacky controller and torrents of the Beatport Tech-House Top 100.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

cocainep11.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

What Vinyl did you get?

I've been on a vinyl shopping spree myself lately.
    This from Defected website. Been waiting to get it for ages.

A few oldies from Discogs

and these from Chemical Records...

and a Greg Packer Drum n Bass track
    jtsuited wrote: »
    fukin bandwagon jumpers. Going out there and buying a lovingly crafted physical copy that gives a full bandwidth listening experience, while supporting artists and labels.

I remember back in the day when all we had was a macbook pro, traktor, a tacky controller and torrents of the Beatport Tech-House Top 100.

Here, get back in your Macbox, Tractor boy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭francois

What Vinyl did you get?

I've been on a vinyl shopping spree myself lately.

Never really stopped myself, though space is becoming an issue, luckily I can store a lot in the folks place! (usually a load of dodge 12" :D)
    love trawling Discogs for stuff. you can sometimes get lucky on ebay going for the "time ending soonest" option.

francois wrote: »
    Never really stopped myself, though space is becoming an issue, luckily I can store a lot in the folks place! (usually a load of dodge 12" :D)
    love trawling Discogs for stuff. you can sometimes get lucky on ebay going for the "time ending soonest" option.
    The killer thing about discogs is the delivery. You end up going for the cheapest in best condition, and to cut down costs you try to find more in the persons catalogue which takes ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭francois

BaZmO* wrote: »
    The killer thing about discogs is the delivery. You end up going for the cheapest in best condition, and to cut down costs you try to find more in the persons catalogue which takes ages.

Well I tend to be careful-a lot of the gradings on discogs are VG, there is a hell of a difference between that and NM or even VG+, I'll also check feedback, though I haven't as yet been stung on it or Ebay.
    I'd rather pay a bit more tbh for something in better condition

francois wrote: »
    Well I tend to be careful-a lot of the gradings on discogs are VG, there is a hell of a difference between that and NM or even VG+, I'll also check feedback, though I haven't as yet been stung on it or Ebay.
    I'd rather pay a bit more tbh for something in better condition
    Ah yeah, that's what I meant. Cheapest in best condition(i.e. NM) Would buy something less than that unless I really really wanted it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Sorry what does NM mean?

Possibly the best bargain I ever got on ebay was Emmanuel Tops Turkish Bazaar for €1. Quality track.

SteoL wrote: »
    Sorry what does NM mean?
    Near Mint or Brand New Boss.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

My hardwax basket is currently standing at 263.50 ready for pay day at the end of the month, with 2 weeks to go I can only imagine process of elimination I'll be faced with by the time I get to the point of checking out... its so painful trying to decide what has to get deleted from the basket. And without too much doom and gloom, I'd say with the coming year ahead, this could be one of my last bulk buys for the foreseeable future :(

Oh and they had better have this back in by then...

Delsin – A Made Up Sound: Rear Window out of stock

Edit - I also have 9 tracks with one discogs seller waiting in my basket, have to decide whether they can be included in the budget this month...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Nice one Baz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

No it doesn't! :rolleyes:

Who told you that? It means 'Not Mine'. It's a way for thieving gypsy bastards to boast about selling stolen goods. 'Here's a copy of Underworld's Cowgirl. It's not mine but I'm going to sell it anyways because I'm a thieving gypsy bollix.'
    I thought everyone knew that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

What the hell is this exactly...

jimi_t2 wrote: »
    What the hell is this exactly...

A video embedded in your post by using the magical portal that is Youtube. Woooaahooooooooaahhooooooo!!!

The most incredible piece of comedy in the form of a 9 minute beat poem...........

believe me, I'd say a good few here will relate to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

My hardwax basket is currently standing at 263.50 ready for pay day at the end of the month, with 2 weeks to go I can only imagine process of elimination I'll be faced with by the time I get to the point of checking out... its so painful trying to decide what has to get deleted from the basket. And without too much doom and gloom, I'd say with the coming year ahead, this could be one of my last bulk buys for the foreseeable future :(

Oh and they had better have this back in by then...

Delsin – A Made Up Sound: Rear Window out of stock

Edit - I also have 9 tracks with one discogs seller waiting in my basket, have to decide whether they can be included in the budget this month...
    What do you reckon you'll get it down to?

I honestly thought my last bulk buy (13 vinyl just over a month ago) would be my last for a while as well - but I've about 300 Euro worth of stuff sitting in my Wantlist on discogs... Admittedly that's a bit skewed by the Osgut box set
    and a limited STL album

every bulk buy i do I promise is going to be the last for a while.

The most incredible piece of comedy in the form of a 9 minute beat poem...........

Absolutely Brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Thats just put me a good mood for the rest of the day(just up). Thanks Jtsuited.

Thats just put me a good mood for the rest of the day(just up). Thanks Jtsuited.

Just Up? Is that Lethal Bullet or Lazy Bollix?

• Advertisement

847032b8a331def77529b6a0384db1fe_handfingers.gif

Emilio_Gomariz_1.gif

Just Up? Is that Lethal Bullet or Lazy Bollix?

Reading week;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

joker77 wrote: »
    Admittedly that's a bit skewed by the Osgut box set

I dont know if you're on the earwiggle / all city mailing list, but they'll order in the Ostgut box set ofr anyone who wants it. Prices around €60

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

I dont know if you're on the earwiggle / all city mailing list, but they'll order in the Ostgut box set ofr anyone who wants it. Prices around €60
    Cheers yea I am, saw that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

most excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Today's student protest in London seems like the best protest ever. After talking about windows getting smashed and fires getting lit etc, one reporter said:

"Reports have now come in that someone has just turned up with a drum and bass sound-system."

Today's student protest in London seems like the best protest ever. After talking about windows getting smashed and fires getting lit etc, one reporter said:

"Reports have now come in that someone has just turned up with a drum and bass sound-system."

cuckoo.jpg

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/video/Student-Protesters-Invade-Conservative-HQ/Video/201011215799227?lpos=Latest+Video_2&lid=VIDEO_042042_Student+Protesters+Invade+Tory+HQ&videoCategory=Latest+Video

• Advertisement
Advertisement