Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

yeah exactly like that fat dude whistlin as he's goin along.

we need someone with some sweet graphic skills. Or nunchuk skills. Or computer hacking skills.

come on Android, it's time for you to self-actualise.

You've been a constant source of lulz since your arrival to these boards but now it's time to give Fiachra's Law to the world. You belong to the people now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

jtsuited wrote: »
    yeah exactly like that fat dude whistlin as he's goin along.

we need someone with some sweet graphic skills. Or nunchuk skills. Or computer hacking skills.
    Yeah someone on here can do up something

Anyone know the name of this meme

decreaux.jpg

let that be the forum's graphic dudes' assignment for the night. I'm off to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Just watching the Q bert vid at the start. Reminded me that I have his signature and that of the late Roc Raida R.I.P. on my Rane TM 56 mixer. When i lived in Sydney I got to see both and brought the deck plate of my mixer to the shows. Felt like a twat sneaking in a metal panel under my shirt and trying to party until they finished so I could see if I could get a tag but I suppose it worked out in the end. The Q bert gig was also headlined by Supernat who killed with his freestyles. Even Q picked up the mic to spit. Damn, good memories, really glad I got to see all of 'em.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

I saw a few seconds of the Ad for Fade street a few weeks ago. After all the discussion here and the Music Production thread I was almost tempted to watch it. Almost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Put this on the Music Production thread.

I think this thread is the perfect opportunity to unveil Fiachra's Law. Based on Godwin's Law except based on Irishness and Begrudgery:

"As an online discussion on all things Irish grows longer, the probability of the mention of Typical Irish Begrudgery approaches 1."

In other words, given enough time, all discussions on things Irish —regardless of topic or scope—inevitably end up being about Typical Irish Begrudgery.

bono-begrudgery.jpg

More images involving Westlife, Chris De Burgh and his daughter, Jim Corr and others to follow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Remember when there was bus rolls & bus conductors?

Used to be pestering the bus conductors in the bus terminus to give us a few bus rolls & some would, some wouldnt.......the joy when you were thrown two or three rolls so they could be fired up into the air like huge white streamers:D....ahh the simple pleasures had when 10 years old.

(Should I anticipate this innocent childhood pleasure to eventually unveil Fiachras law now by being beaten down morally on grounds of waste, pollution, littering & general delinquency:()

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

(Should I anticipate this innocent childhood pleasure to eventually unveil Fiachras law now by being beaten down morally on grounds of waste, pollution, littering & general delinquency:()
    No, that would be retrospective begrudgery.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    No, that would be retrospective begrudgery.

But is not all discussion about what has past retrospective?

Think i will have to return to my study to attempt to grasp the fundamental mechanics of Fiachras law..... *some chin stroking*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

But is not all discussion about what has past retrospective?

Think i will have to return to my study to attempt to grasp the fundamental mechanics of Fiachras law..... *some chin stroking*

Ok then. Historical retrospective begrudgery. :)

(Should I anticipate this innocent childhood pleasure to eventually unveil Fiachras law now by being beaten down morally on grounds of waste, pollution, littering & general delinquency:()[/QUOTE]

Fiachra's law is here to protect us from accusations of begrudgery. When you express an opinion that runs contrary to someone else's and they use they 'B' word, invoke Fiachra's law with great aplomb.

A: Westlife are great
    B: No, they're sh¡te
    A: Typical Irish Begrudery!
    B: I invoke FIACHRA'S LAW!…
    (Clouds part, lightning flashes)
    … and you're a wánker.

Fiachra's law is here to protect us from accusations of begrudgery. When you express an opinion that runs contrary to someone else's and they use they 'B' word, invoke Fiachra's law with great aplomb.

A: Westlife are great
    B: No, they're sh¡te
    A: Typical Irish Begrudery!
    B: I invoke FIACHRA'S LAW!…
    (Clouds part, lightning flashes)
    … and you're a wánker.

Ahh thank you wise one......it all makes perfect sense now.

Can we have an entry on wikipedia please with this initial gguide & the law itself?

Ahh thank you wise one......it all makes perfect sense now.

Can we have an entry on wikipedia please with this initial gguide & the law itself?

That would be brilliant. How do you go about doing something like that.

Essentially Fiachra's law is there to stop anyone accusing you of begrudgery and therefore claiming some sort of moral superiority in an online argument. The first thing that happens after some one calls you a begrudger is that you have to defend yourself against the claim and appear to lose credibility in the argument. Fiachra's law is basically say the person throwing out the begrudger claim is taking a cheap shot because they know they have no other defense and making all subsequent debate redundant because they don't have the brains to have a logical discussion on differing points of view.

That would be brilliant. How do you go about doing something like that.

Create an account & away you go

Fiachra's Law needs a face,Like darby o gill or something.

Its definetly got legs this idea:D

134598.jpg

Haha, you actually did it. Go forth and spread Fiachra's Law.

Haha, you actually did it. Go forth and spread Fiachra's Law.

I think the responsibility is on us all to spread the word…

Agreed. I shall spread it like a fungal infection.

• Advertisement

Send us on the link when you have it up on wikipedia;)

Lads, I'm bollocks at all graphics shtuff, but I have an uncanny ability to make it look like what I'm talking about actually has real intellectual merit.
    Can I please please please do the Wiki article?

Lads, I'm bollocks at all graphics shtuff, but I have an uncanny ability to make it look like what I'm talking about actually has real intellectual merit.
    Can I please please please do the Wiki article?

Wiki away and add that gravitas

Right It's gonna take a few days. There are certain things you have to avoid to stop removal on wiki, so I'm gonna get something absolutely watertight together.

So anyone came up with a face for fiachra's law?

Mise everyone already knows Tom so cant really use him id say.

Right It's gonna take a few days. There are certain things you have to avoid to stop removal on wiki, so I'm gonna get something absolutely watertight together.

Without giving you a swell head, i think when complete it will be one of the finest wiki pages read in quite a while. Looking forward to it.
    seannash wrote: »
    So anyone came up with a face for fiachra's law?

Mise everyone already knows Tom so cant really use him id say.

Ahh i know, just lashed that one out.......Jeff has the wiki article, the graphic to be added into the wiki article needs careful consideration & perhaps if a few in the running a 1 week poll to decide the most effective that will have longevity & impact, after all Fiachras law may still be around when we are all pushing up daisys:D

Without giving you a swell head, i think when complete it will be one of the finest wiki pages read in quite a while. Looking forward to it.

Don't worry Mise, as anyone will tell ya, I've always been an arrogant cúnt.:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Does it have to be an unknown face?

I'm thinkin Android has already got the whole theme thing down perfectly with the Bono one.
    Just have a different Irish 'celebrity' known for their hatred of 'begrudgery' in the photo and then change the caption.

Jesus, if we put half as much effort into doing something useful we'd be up there with Gates and Jobs.

• Advertisement

Don't worry Mise, as anyone will tell ya, I've always been an arrogant cúnt.:pac::pac::pac:

No need for me to ask anyone...ive thought it to myself many a time:pac::pac::pac:

Advertisement