Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

seannash wrote: »
    Good man jeff,bout time they started leaking your stuff out on the masses

That reads so, so wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Douchebag is a bit American. Acceptable alternatives are:
    prick, cock, horse's cock, geebag, gowl, tit, lumpy bollock, asshat, sh1te, arse, arse nugget..
    Gowl! Now that's a very underused word, must try to rectify that.

Lumpy bollock?

joker77 wrote: »

Lumpy bollock?

As a derogatory term, it's a thing of beauty...

'That Gay Byrne fella's nothing but a lumpy bollock...'

A bit like cúntyballs perhaps?

A bit like cúntyballs perhaps?

Indeedy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I dunno, good effort, but the use of the word "douchebag" makes your point invalid!

Thats what I get for asking for suggestions in a facebook group chat:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

I'll never forget the day I found this place....

20070_324953060139_541025139_5104501_4143513_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Nice Fro :)

Nice Fro :)

haha thanks. drove by it a load of times and thought I had hallucinated it, so then one day spent a full hour going really slow so I wouldn't miss it (it's in Roscommon/Mayo btw, it's bypassed now!!). Probably my proudest achievement of 2007.

It is pretty cool though.

• Advertisement

Anyone use the collection features on Discogs?

They've added stats to tell you how much it's worth

sh1t must start using that.

on another note, get ready to laugh your asses off...

http://thefakest.blogspot.com/

I started using it a few years ago and got to about 200 and started to loose the will to live so gave up. Keep saying I'll do it again sometime. That new feature does seem cool but I reckon the fiver average rule of thumb would be close enough. Enough classics to bump up the average of the duds.

jesus adding the vinyl's to your collection on discogs is fcukin tedious. I've only got about 30 in so far and I'm losing the will to live.

In saying that, some interesting results so far regarding value.

Yea it's a slooooow process. Was annoying a few years ago when the database wasn't as big - had to add the stuff yourself - not THAT was f*cking tedious...

Yea it's a slooooow process. Was annoying a few years ago when the database wasn't as big - had to add the stuff yourself - not THAT was f*cking tedious...

Yeah that used to do my head in, but there was no way I would've added an entry. I just ended up with a 'to be filed' pile which made it even more tedious.

I actually think broadcasters deliberately say funny sh1t when they're off air on the off chance that they're actually on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Was DJing in Tripod earlier, included in the crowd were a load of hippies pilled off their heads. Best people to play to ever.

Yeah that used to do my head in, but there was no way I would've added an entry. I just ended up with a 'to be filed' pile which made it even more tedious.
    I added a few, all Irish I think - SoundCrowd, 4th Dimension, DJ Wool - then stopped. I can't actually remember if I ever finished entering the collection or not, think I did but can't be positive.

This was when I MP3'd my vinyl collection. Obviously didn't take every track from every record, only certain ones, still took me months. Was a few years ago and just blazed into it, f*cking idiot that I am I didn't keep the wav files - I didn't plan on ever using the mp3s apart from my own listening, and I saved them all as 128bit. Let me tell you - what a clown I felt like a few years later..... :(

Didn't sell the records though, still have them, so it's not the end of the world or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭harsea8

Thanks, I'm on discogs every day, but not seen that before...quite surprising how the value builds up really. You reckon you could use that for insurance? I've never thought about specifically insuring my vinyl, but after looking at that, I may change my mind.

• Advertisement

... I didn't keep the wav files - I didn't plan on ever using the mp3s apart from my own listening, and I saved them all as 128bit. Let me tell you - what a clown I felt like a few years later..... :(

Didn't sell the records though, still have them, so it's not the end of the world or anything.

Ouch! All that work for a 128bit. Hope ya learned a lesson. ;)

Ouch! All that work for a 128bit. Hope ya learned a lesson. ;)

jesus...ouch indeed.

That reminds me...
    when the first wax cylinder recordings were demonstrated in public, there was some serious unease amongst the target groups as the vast majority of them felt there was no discernable difference betwen the recording and real life.

I sh1t you not!!!!

Here's an interesting a/b with absolutely no degradation over time (the guy plays it straight back after recording)..

It's an interesting subject, because I think over time, our ears get a lot more pernickity about stuff....who knows, in 100 years time 24 bit wav could look like the wax cylinder does to us now.

thanks to French Nuclear Testing around Polynesia, we have those mutant beast Samoans in the Aviva giving us a right run for our money.
    Cheers Francois.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Yeah I made that same bloody 128 mistake several years ago when I first started ripping my vinyl - more due to the fact that the MP3 player I was using to rip as a line-in only did 128, I got a better one sometime after that did up to 320 but still a large amount of 128 crap that I really should just delete.

Such a pain in the hoop. If remember correctly though the hard drive I had at the time was 70Gb, and storing wavs wasn't really a runner. I'll use that as an excuse for being such a clown :D

Her indoors has just started watching Sleepless in Seattle downstairs...

Sigha podcast upstairs and general internet faffing it is for me for a while

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I'd love to chill in front of the computer now with a beer or maybe a glass of wine but I have to do a run to Smyths with the kids for a tub of lego that I've promised for ages. I can't wait though to make some indestructible Mad Max style vehicles that I did as a kid :D Great they are getting old enough for lego now, I can finally play with toys again.

The one and only reason to have kids. :D

I'd love to chill in front of the computer now with a beer or maybe a glass of wine but I have to do a run to Smyths with the kids for a tub of lego that I've promised for ages. I can't wait though to make some indestructible Mad Max style vehicles that I did as a kid :D Great they are getting old enough for lego now, I can finally play with toys again.

textbook definition of win imo!!

Have a nephew who's just turned three. Showed him how music was made using my computer and midi keyboard (he banged away on it, and I recorded it, and we'd make a little collaboratory tune).

Of course he didn't get bored of it at all, and I was woke at 5am the next day to the screams of 'Jeff Piano Time. Piano Time.' It's then that I realised my choice of career is probably more of a retardation of my developmental transition into adulthood, than any sort of noble creative choice.

Lego is epic fun with kids. When you get into competitions about who can build the highest tower out of random blocks, engineering principles win everytime!!
    Of course that's presuming they don't get all the good bits and you end up trying to build a house using lego gates, windows, and the little lego man heads. They're not structurally sound by any stretch of the imagination.

Another afternoon spent listening to quality sounds, so much good music out there after just a little browsing. Downside is my want list starts growing again after spunk a load on vinyl yesterday... Putting a cap on it though, will see if I still want the stuff as bad in a few months I suppose

• Advertisement

so much good music out there after just a little browsing.

clearly not shopping on beatport.

Advertisement