Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

jtsuited wrote: »
    this biscuit genre thingy is gonna get mega ghey.

I'm disappointed in you Jeff. I expected a full analysis that blew all prior biscuit genre suggestions out the window - something with a thought process that actually took into account the full list of ingredients in various biscuits and equated them to the complexity or lack of in any given genre of electronic music.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

No I'm afraid we are living in a recessionary times, no fancy salami and Merlot in my gaf! Although great to see Faustino red going for 7 quid now!

Now your just boasting with your €7 faustino......most of the bottles of wine i would be buying would be no more than €5 to €6 & a €2 salami from LIDL.......bought a bottle of faustino coincidentally there about a month back & the missus said 'Whats the occasion', so i replied 'I just got paid so im gonna buy now before the money runs out' ......will most likley be another year before a bottle of faustino graces my lips.

Reccomended tip for red wine consumption (feel free to tell me to fu.ck off at this point), stand the bottle on a ring of the cooker (provided it electric) & turn it on to 1, leave for approx 20 minute, invert bottle once & open, decant into a warmed glass decanter & serve.......completley enhances the red wine on the tongue by far when it is not warm, but the chill taken out of it completley.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Now your just boasting with your €7 faustino......most of the bottles of wine i would be buying would be no more than €5 to €6 & a €2 salami from LIDL.......bought a bottle of faustino coincidentally there about a month back & the missus said 'Whats the occasion', so i replied 'I just got paid so im gonna buy now before the money runs out' ......will most likley be another year before a bottle of faustino graces my lips.

Reccomended tip for red wine consumption (feel free to tell me to fu.ck off at this point), stand the bottle on a ring of the cooker (provided it electric) & turn it on to 1, leave for approx 20 minute, invert bottle once & open, decant into a warmed glass decanter & serve.......completley enhances the red wine on the tongue by far when it is not warm, but the chill taken out of it completley.

Typically I'd buy whatever special offer wine is in Superquinn, Tesco or Lidl and there are great deals going the last while. But when I see Faustino going for 7 quid I snap it up fast...

Hmmm... not sure about the wine heating but might give it a bash over Christmas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Hmmm... not sure about the wine heating but might give it a bash over Christmas!

DDDDDooooonnnnnnnntttttttt!!!!!

http://www.basic-wine-knowledge.com/wine-serving-temperature.html

Typically I'd buy whatever special offer wine is in Superquinn, Tesco or Lidl and there are great deals going the last while. But when I see Faustino going for 7 quid I snap it up fast...

You have to be careful......you dont want to heat the wine really, you are just looking to get the cold out of it.......thats why i said put the ring on 1 & then invert the bottle, you want it to be getting somewhere around 15' to 20' celcius but no more, a bottle of liquid standing in a room in ireland rarely reaches this temp by itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Leave it in a warm room you ignoramus!!

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Agreed, heating wine is just wrong, wrong, wrong. Mulled wine? If it's cold out have a f*cking hot whiskey and stfu.

Ok you can do that if you wish, but if you do try what i propose to you i am confident you will see an noticable difference between Irish room temperature wine & one that is slightly higher in temperature, there is a difference & it is far far more pallatable. Note again that you do not want to heat the wine but just take it to about 15'.......it resembles the consistency that wine has when in southern Italy.

joker77 wrote: »
    Agreed, heating wine is just wrong, wrong, wrong. Mulled wine? If it's cold out have a f*cking hot whiskey and stfu.

Tell ya what, i'll have some wine, then a hot whiskey & perhaps some absinthe later on:D

Tell ya what, i'll have some wine, then a hot whiskey & perhaps some absinthe later on:D
    I've had two 'experiences' with absynthe, and it's definitely one of those things that I'll say NEVER AGAIN to, and stick to!

I value what little sanity I have left.... :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Not being one from shying away from a challenge........or being far too competitive for my own good....

Dub Techno - Coconut Creams - Soft and mushy with a solid base. Simple, soft, uniform. Nothing fancy just a big fat load of yumminess, accentuated with only a slight bit of coconut. If it were a girl, it'd be a slightly fat bird with whopper boobs, great to snuggle up to after pullin a sickie. Warm and round and comforting.

Techno - Plain Digestive - Raw and to the point. Heavy going. If it were a girl, she wouldn't be great looking, but you definitely would, and be rewarded handsomely for it. We all need digestives.

Chainsaw Dubstep/Wobbly Nonsense/Brostep - Ginger Nuts - Any sort of pleasure gained from the texture is immediately booted by the obnoxious flavour and unpleasant aftertaste. If it were a girl, it'd be a dyke who's not a lesbian, and completely devoid of grace or elegance. Steer clear even if they do seem interesting. Irritating and obnoxious in the extreme.

House - Kimberley - A bit reminiscent of coconut creams but less full on and the sweet jam in the middle can either be great or awful depending on what mood you're in. If it were a girl, she'd be relationship material - well rounded in her interests, sexy, a bit edgy, but can send you round the bloody bend after a while.

Drum n Bass - Toffypops - Best approached with caution and eating more than one will cause a blood sugar spike that may require and insulin shot soon after. Best delivered in short sharp shocks as extended exposure will most likey induce nausea. Can be too sweet, too heavy going, and just too bloody much at most times of the day.
    If it were a girl, it'd be the one you always know is a sure thing, and will probably do anything, but you'd never be caught dead in civilised company with her.

Ambient - Rich Tea - only truly appreciated during a horrible hangover, where it seems like pure manna.
    If it were a girl, she'd bring you tea and bickies on a comedown and make the landing as soft as possible. The Florence Nightingale of musics/biscuits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

a shot of absinthe and a good lash of vermouth with ice and a slice of lemon, most excellent. Also goes well with a hefty line of good coke ... but that was back in the day :p

old gregg wrote: »
    a shot of absinthe and a good lash of vermouth with ice and a slice of lemon, most excellent. Also goes well with a hefty line of good coke ... but that was back in the day :p

Was going to say that it goes well with an acid on top of it....last indulged in 2008 ('the end' Tabs, approx 250mls absinth & rake of pints)....but thats another days story:)

I thought the absinthe that you get nowadays is a tame imitation of the type that the artistic bohemians would indulge in along the Parisian westbank in the late 19th century?

jeez Louise .. just cos ambient (which I love above all) is sort of minimal does not mean we have to get stuck with the crappiest of biscuits, rich tea :mad::D

Ambient is rich and luxuriant, it's the warm and yummy of electronic music, if ambient were a girl she would be Kate Beckinsale ... nope, for ambient I also vote for Mikado or maybe something with fresh cream and jam, something that has to be freshly made by nubiles.

Let the drum n' bass thugs have rich tea :D:D:D:D

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I thought the absinthe that you get nowadays is a tame imitation of the type that the artistic bohemians would indulge in along the Parisian westbank in the late 19th century?

I bought mine in prague & it certainly does the trick, cant comment on how it compares to the 19th century stuff, im not that oldskool.......ask jonny:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Ambient is rich and luxuriant, /QUOTE]

Like rich tea.:p

I think it depends on where you get it. I know some of the stuff they sell in Spanish tourist resorts is pretty low quality and a poor imitation as you say.
    I spent an evening in an Absinthe house in Krakow in 08 and the stuff served there was the real deal except that they wanted to serve it the 'Bohemian method' which burns off most of the booze but looks good for the tourists. They were also unused to a bunch of guys out of their heads looking for vermouth mixers and lemon slices :p

The absinthe + vermouth method is a traditional approach that keeps all the goodness.

The absinthe + vermouth method is a traditional approach that keeps all the goodness.

Mmmmm......i read on wiki (oh fountain of all knowledge wiki:rolleyes:) that a special glass, spoon, ice water & sugar cube would have been the traditional way,
    wiki wrote:
    Traditionally, absinthe is prepared by placing a sugar cube on top of a specially designed slotted spoon and then placing the spoon on the glass which has been filled with a shot of absinthe. Ice-cold water is then poured or dripped over the sugar cube so that the water is slowly and evenly displaced into the absinthe, typically 1 part absinthe and 3 to 5 parts water. During this process, components not soluble in water (mainly those from anise, fennel, and star anise) come out of solution and cloud the drink. The resulting milky opalescence is called the louche (Fr. "opaque" or "shady", IPA [luʃ]). Releasing these components allows herbal aromas and flavours to "blossom" or "bloom" and brings out subtleties originally over-powered by the anise. This is often referred to as "The French Method."

220px-Preparing_absinthe.jpg220px-Absinthe_spoons.jpg

ah yea I know the spoon and sugar method is the traditional French method and that's how it would be served in an absinthe house. The Bohemian method is where they burn off the booze as well (sort of like how they used to torch the top of a sambuca just to keep the tourists happy).
    I guess the vermouth method came about at the start of the 20th century with cocktails.

• Advertisement

Never seen that way of using cold water. The way we drank it was to heat a little absynthe in a spoon with some sugar, stir that into a shot and drink it. Horrible tasting stuff, it did get you balooooobas though.

Crazy, waking up screaming nightmares and panic attacks the next day are no fun though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Trance Definitely:

partyringstin.png

Dubstep because they have chocolate and salt - fooked:

biscuits_4bffec8b15c90.jpg

Ambient:

mikado.jpg

Techno:

Digestive_biscuits.jpg

House:

BE6DEB39-DADA-D3E8-66CEFF239E554070.jpg

Funky House:

jaffa.jpg

Is it just the alcohol content that makes you go crazy? According to Wiki, "Its psychoactive properties, apart from those of alcohol, have been much exaggerated"

Alcohol is a very powerful drug.

Crazy, waking up screaming nightmares and panic attacks the next day are no fun though.

You shouldnt have gone asleep so, or you should got so hammered that dreaming was not a function the brain was prepared to divert essential energy to over keeping you alive:D

Seriously though.....went to an oldskool gig in town a couple of years back & horsed about a half ounce of base speed out of it between three of us, fu.ck me all i needed when i was on a major comedown pis.sed the next day was one of my mates that was doing the speed freaking out with panic attacks, and i mean freaking out, took me about two hours to snap him out of it that he wasnt going to croak it, then we resumed the party:D

Is it just the alcohol content that makes you go crazy? According to Wiki, "Its psychoactive properties, apart from those of alcohol, have been much exaggerated"

thujon

Even though it is best known as a chemical compound in the spirit absinthe, recent tests show absinthe contains only small quantities of thujone, and may or may not be responsible for absinthe's reported psychedelic effects.
    hmmm

You shouldnt have gone asleep so, or you should got so hammered that dreaming was not a function the brain was prepared to divert essential energy to over keeping you alive:D

Seriously though.....went to an oldskool gig in town a couple of years back & horsed about a half ounce of base speed out of it between three of us, fu.ck me all i needed when i was on a major comedown pis.sed the next day was one of my mates that was doing the speed freaking out with panic attacks, and i mean freaking out, took me about two hours to snap him out of it that he wasnt going to croak it, then we resumed the party:D
    Believe me I was hammered. Prob 3 hours missing from the night, no recollection whatsoever of coming home. As I say - waking up screaming from horrific nightmares is not my idea of fun!

I would say it is exaggerated alright, nothing even approaching LSD, but it does give you a strange sensation mentally alright that i would say cannot be attributed to the alcohol, i have a bottle of poitin at home that is about 75% proof similar to the absinthe but do not get the same impact from it (but you do get an impact from it:D)

Believe me I was hammered. Prob 3 hours missing from the night, no recollection whatsoever of coming home. As I say - waking up screaming from horrific nightmares is not my idea of fun!
    I've had that from a night out on regular beer, albeit an awful lot of beer. :/

• Advertisement

I've had that from a night out on regular beer, albeit an awful lot of beer. :/
    Ok yea after a heavy night there's a large gap missing, but I definitely go a bit funnier than usual on the absynthe. Have never had the nightmares and panic attacks after regular heavy boozing (what an irish expression - regular heavy boozing).

Advertisement