Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

You really have to question the wisdom of people who bought apts. along commuter belts etc. Poor feckers!

As for Harney, the only reason she's still there is, who in their right mind would want that job??? I used to work in the HSE and it's mismanagement is staggering. If you want to start to get the health service providing anything remotely close to a service befitting of a modern western democracy....

1. Hire a talented and experienced administrator to run it.
    2. Disband all unions.

Until then, unless you've got private health insurance you better pray that you stay healthy. The state of our public hospitals is an absolute disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

joker77 wrote: »
    I'm quiet here in work at the moment, the main project is kind of on-hold till after Christmas.

I work for an I.T. solutions company, and for the past couple of years have been working on projects for a large US multinational based in Leixlip (hope I'm not giving too much away...;))..

to be fair it's a coinflip, so you haven't given too much away.

Although you could be referring to Subway sandwiches on the mainstreet. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Poor mise is out of work at present :( although ive been pretty much working consistently since ive been here and i feel a lot more confident getting a job here (no chance in Dublin)

TBH im glad im not living in Ireland at present, it's bad enough reading the news reports online about how bad things are, this f****ng Government should be lynched, buffons the whole lot of them,doom and gloom every day jaysus only a few years ago there was so much work how could they allow this to happen, who was that Economist who predicted this would happen but they laughed and even threatened him, unreal isn't it.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Regarding the fu.cking PD's, Ex FF'ers that broke away to form the PD's & then after establishing themselves return to the fold in key positions within FF goverment!!!!

So they are ex FF'ers in top positions in FF government........contrived cronyism nothing less.

Direct action is needed to get rid of this incompetent corrupt Government, the worst this country has ever seen,mass protests and rallys like they had in France, it's clear to all and sundry Biffo and his cronies simply have not got a clue what they are doing and are digging a bigger hole every day, f**k even over here it's headline news, we are a laughing stock:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Always amuses me how busy this place is during office hours - Do you all have very lenient bosses and you can happily post on boards all day long?!

Boss: I need you to finish this report and have it back to me for lunch, ok?

Boards Member: I'm actually busy discussing sh1t on the Adhesive History & Nomenclature thread right now so I'll get back to you later.
    Ah it's the nature of what I do that allows me to be on Boards. I'd be on the phone quite a lot so I can post while I'm on hold. Plus I work to deadlines so work needs to be done by a certain time regardless of how much unpaid overtime I do. I can have a week where there’s bugger all to do or a week where I’m working late every night, and possibly weekends too. So I don’t really feel that guilty when I do doss, which is not that often nowadays.

ianuss wrote: »
    You really have to question the wisdom of people who bought apts. along commuter belts etc. Poor feckers!
    That’s one thing that I at least had the sense not to do. I was never gonna buy an apartment or anywhere with a ridiculous commute.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Booring lectures are not so mind numbing when you have boards and the rest of the web at your side. Well, not entirely, the lack of access to certain ports prevents me from gaming in the back of the lecture theatre.

PS: Before somebody says "why go then", mandatory attendance:rolleyes:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Always amuses me how busy this place is during office hours - Do you all have very lenient bosses and you can happily post on boards all day long?!

Boss: I need you to finish this report and have it back to me for lunch, ok?

Boards Member: I'm actually busy discussing sh1t on the Adhesive History & Nomenclature thread right now so I'll get back to you later.

Actually I'm your boss, everybody's boss that's on here. I have been lulling you into a false sense of security and then - BAM! - I'm going to fire your ass. That is all. You may continue with your lighthearted banter about our deepening economic crisis.

Quoasis

Words fail me.

What baffles me is people revere this arse nugget. Why?

Quoasis

Words fail me.

What baffles me is people revere this arse nugget. Why?

Fair play, that's a lot of boxes they've ticked - he's taken the worst bits of Ocean Colour Scene, Oasis, The Verve and Paul Weller and made some terribly generic and dated indie/pop/rock rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

What kind of work do you lads do as a matter of interest? I work for a large multinational software company in sales - also a bit of marketing. Thankfully my internet is not blocked or monitored but I do sit directly beside my boss. They are pretty relaxed around here which is great, we have a great laugh with the guys on the team, some very funny fukkers - we're always slagging the crap out of eachother - lots of foreigners around who get the brunt of it. How we have all not been hauled in front of HR is amazing. Thankfully things are pretty adult around here. I’ve worked in job before where they tell you when to go on breaks and when to go on lunch, and if you are 5 minutes late they want to know why. Nightmare. It’s pretty relaxed and unless you are taking the p1ss you can do what you like as long as you are getting your job done. If I’m really nackered in the morning I sometimes have a lie in and come in at 10 or so and no one bats an eyelid. The night before last I was unable to sleep till 5am due to jetlag, so I gave myself a lie in – but I did not wake up till 2pm! Oops! Only got into the office just before 3pm - my boss just laughed at me!

From slaying bulls, throwing tomatoes at each other and letting bulls chase them around narrow streets, the Spanish are a strange lot really.......

http://vimeo.com/16392519

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Fair play, that's a lot of boxes they've ticked - he's taken the worst bits of Ocean Colour Scene, Oasis, The Verve and Paul Weller and made some terribly generic and dated indie/pop/rock rubbish.
    Cheers for the synopsis, I've no intention of listening to that clown pants

Zascar wrote: »
    What kind of work do you lads do as a matter of interest?

Full-time student. Former professional tea maker with the HSE.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Full-time student.

From slaying bulls, throwing tomatoes at each other and letting bulls chase them around narrow streets, the Spanish are a strange lot really.......

http://vimeo.com/16392519

Jesus, how can they be allowed to let little kids be at the top of those. Absolutely crazy…

How we have all not been hauled in front of HR is amazing.
    You should go on to the the company intranet and download pictures of any recent female graduates that have been employed, attach them to an email, rate them from 1 to 10 and sned it around to all the lads while having a right aul giggle to yourselves. Oh and make sure one of the lads sends the email to a friend that's a journalist. That should do the trick.

It’s pretty relaxed and unless you are taking the p1ss you can do what you like as long as you are getting your job done. If I’m really nackered in the morning I sometimes have a lie in and come in at 10 or so and no one bats an eyelid. The night before last I was unable to sleep till 5am due to jetlag, so I gave myself a lie in – but I did not wake up till 2pm! Oops! Only got into the office just before 3pm - my boss just laughed at me!
    My last job was like that. Oh how I miss those lie ins!! Wouldn't get away with that for long in the current place. But then again, I don't go out as much as I used to so it's too bad.

I'm an Estimator btw. :cool:

BaZmO* wrote: »

You work in NAMA?

Yep

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

BaZmO* wrote: »
    A what?

• Advertisement

A what?
    Haha. That's normally the response I get alright.

I'm a Building Services Estimator, similar enough to a Quantity Surveyor.

What kind of work do you lads do as a matter of interest? !

Yiz will laugh yer asses off when i tell ya's,

Health & Safety Mgr.

I'm surprised yiz all have jobs with some many people out of work yiz are very fortunate;)

hopefully ill be back in work soon..

Yiz will laugh yer asses off when i tell ya's,

Health & Safety Mgr.

there wasn't much in the way of health & safety in the aul Asylum eh :p jaysus if there wouuld've been a fire in that place i shudder to think:eek:;)

jonnny68 wrote: »
    there wasn't much in the way of health & safety in the aul Asylum eh :p jaysus if there wouuld've been a fire in that place i shudder to think:eek:;)

I hear ya.....i can remember one night still clear in my mind's eye,

Up on the top floor & went to exit to go downstairs with a mate of mine doyler (R.I.P.) when there was a jam in the little hallway before you got to the stairs & no one could move forward or back, Place was without doubt over capacity by far that night but chap beside us said 'were all fuc.ked if there is a fire', well that freaked my mate out who was fairly well built & he just started forcing his way through freaked out.......still think to this day you couldnt have given the place a better name & moto painted on the wall on the second floor,

The ASYLUM, 'a safe sanctuary for the insane'

The ASYLUM, 'an unsafe sanctuary for the insane'

FYP

The ASYLUM, 'a sanctuary for old skoolers to drive everyone else insane'

FYP

That doesn't work.

They/We weren't Oldskoolers when it was open.

Oh right yeah. FMP.
    The ASYLUM THREAD, 'a sanctuary for old skoolers to drive everyone else insane'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Ah who closed the Deadmau5 thread, that could have been good craic. Haven't had one of those threads in a while.

Advertisement