Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

This is brilliant,Great Schedule for the 2010 World Cup.

http://www.marca.com/deporte/futbol/mundial/sudafrica-2010/calendario-english.html

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

jimi_t2 wrote: »
    Want to make something of yourself this summer? :D

Absolutely incredible
    http://www.khanacademy.org/

That's really impressive - mostly school type subjects but some other really interesting stuff there I will definitely be checking out.

On a kind of similar subject, has anyone ever read "The Game" by Neil Strauss - or any of the stuff by David DeAngello or Ross Jeffries? It's really interesting - a mix of psychology and NLP etc geared towards teaching guys some very effective techniques on what to do when talking to women..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Zascar wrote: »
    On a kind of similar subject, has anyone ever read "The Game" by Neil Strauss - or any of the stuff by David DeAngello or Ross Jeffries? It's really interesting - a mix of psychology and NLP etc geared towards teaching guys some very effective techniques on what to do when talking to women..
    YEah, read it a few years ago. It's actually a good read. Some of the stuff is a bit cringey and American, but generally it's a lot of common sense mixed with some bar-room/pop psychology, and I don't mean that in a derogatory way.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

For any guy who would like to be better with the ladies it's a must read. There are a few more books on it too like "The Mystery Method" etc going into the techniques and process more than the story. It just makes so much sense and makes you do a real facepalm when you think of the stupid things you used to do and why they clearly do not work. In another way though it makes you laugh at how women like to be manipulated. I just broke up with my gf their a while ago and I must say I'm having great fun out on the hunt again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

jaysus colly. books to chat up women???? lol

• Advertisement

For any guy who would like to be better with the ladies it's a must read. There are a few more books on it too like "The Mystery Method" etc going into the techniques and process more than the story. It just makes so much sense and makes you do a real facepalm when you think of the stupid things you used to do and why they clearly do not work. In another way though it makes you laugh at how women like to be manipulated. I just broke up with my gf their a while ago and I must say I'm having great fun out on the hunt again
    In fairness though, a lot of it is wánk. Doing magic tricks and wearing silly hats to chat girls up. :rolleyes: But the other stuff (or at least the stuff that I can remember) like not drinking bucketloads and generally looking after yourself and not being a lap dog, etc. are all good advice but it's fairly common sense too.

Oh its full of loads of rubbish - typical american bollocks, I ignore all that crap - but as I say some of the npl/pshychology based techniques are fascinating. The story behind "The Game" itself is very entertaining. I have not read any of the others myself, but the reason I mentioned it was that a mate of mine who is an absolutely legend with the ladies told me over the weekend he owes much of his success frmo studying this stuff. You can't ignore the fact that if done properly it can work very well!

mkXLc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

mkXLc.jpg

Nice one......that really did make me laugh:D

the sound of those feckin vuvuzelas at the world cup is the most irritating thing I've ever heard!!!!!

World cup officially ruined.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

jtsuited wrote: »
    the sound of those feckin vuvuzelas at the world cup is the most irritating thing I've ever heard!!!!!

World cup officially ruined.

absolutely - couldn't agree more!

seriously my fcukin jaw is chattering here with the irritation from them. tried watching without the sound but it's just crap. FIFA better sort this complete nightmare out.

non-fookin stop too. How melted would your head be sitting beside one of those w4ankers?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

What bugs me about them is that there's hardly any difference between normal play and when someone does something good or scores a goal. You can't hear any crowd, just that stoopid hooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

so, I was watching the opening concert last night, well chilled, and Shakira was doing her belly dance routine avec autotune, and somewhere along the way something got mixed up in my head and I started to wonder when they were going to light the freakin' Olympic torch ... i jest you not.

Should I stick to the green tea until this sorry mess is finished :D

I need some movie recommendations lads - taking it very easy this weekend in between festivals. Something not completely new that I can get on dvd etc. Any suggestions? Either a comedy or a thriller maybe...?

At the risk of sounding a tad vegetarian, Blind Side, with Sandra Bullock, is actually very good surprisingly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

I need some movie recommendations lads - taking it very easy this weekend in between festivals. Something not completely new that I can get on dvd etc. Any suggestions? Either a comedy or a thriller maybe...?
    Have you watched all the recommendations from the first page? If not - check out Un Prophet if you haven't seen it. Also - Mary and Max - thought that was excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 42 -jethro-

The Informant, if you haven't seen it, is a comedy/thriller mix, v. good!

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

dogtooth -this is the best movie ive seen in a long time-black comedy greek movie - im not sure if its out on dvd yet though

• Advertisement

I think this Vuvuzela horn thing is hilarious, I wonder when it will be sampled in a dance track??

The gas thing about it is, it's brought eq geekery into public discourse. Yesterday on the radio i heard a guy explaining how to eq it out on your telly. And then of course explaining how to eq the harmonics. It was at this point that I realised that my useless knowledge of audio stuff could finally be of brief use to society.

BTW, if you can route the audio of your telly into your computer (headphone out etc.), there are a plethora of free plugins coming out entitled things like 'vuvuzela killer' or somesuch monikers.
    Waves have one on their site, although it may be a joke.

Haha yeah I was listening to that myself. It's funny how these type of things happen. About 3 years ago when Rooney (I think) broke his 5th Metatarsal and every football jersey wearing larger lout was turned into a world expert on foot injuries, courtesy of the Sun. I remember this as I got the exact same injury a week later - although I was trying to pull wheelies on my mates bike and ended up on crutches for several weeks.

-jethro- wrote: »
    The Informant, if you haven't seen it, is a comedy/thriller mix, v. good!
    Watched this the other night, very good film. I'd seen a trailer of it a few months ago and thought that it looked good but had forgotten all about it. Mah Daymun is actually quite good in it, but the guy that he's playing comes across as a real Walter Mitty.

jtsuited wrote: »
    BTW, if you can route the audio of your telly into your computer (headphone out etc.), there are a plethora of free plugins coming out entitled things like 'vuvuzela killer' or somesuch monikers.
    Waves have one on their site, although it may be a joke.
    I have a Media Centre System so the sound goes straight through the Computer. Is there genuinely a way to filter out the racket or is it a pointless task?

http://www.sonicworx.com/sonicWORX/VuvuX.html

give that a go baz. simple enough to set up.

Haha yeah I was listening to that myself. It's funny how these type of things happen. About 3 years ago when Rooney (I think) broke his 5th Metatarsal and every football jersey wearing larger lout was turned into a world expert on foot injuries, courtesy of the Sun. I remember this as I got the exact same injury a week later - although I was trying to pull wheelies on my mates bike and ended up on crutches for several weeks.
    i remember at least 2 kids i was coaching at the time twisted their feet and were saying (dead seriously) 'I think i've damaged my metatarsal'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Talk about getting into it.. :D lol

Hahahaha! I want some of what she's having!!

Definitely would though.

Diddy wobble, Diddy wobble!

She didn't like the "uncool" guy trying to get involved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Diddy wobble, Diddy wobble!

She didn't like the "uncool" guy trying to get involved
    she wouldn't be so narky if Techno Viking showed up

@Zascar: I would too and you could have seconds :p

Advertisement