Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

iXNuO.jpg

jtsuited wrote: »
    Pedants' corner's pedants' corner : when we were referring to 'the Jews' in this context we are mainly referring to an ethnic group mainly made up of descendants of Shepardi and Askenazi Jews.
    Because of their striking genetic characteristics (and specific genetic diseases that seem to only effect them), the term is far more a description of ethnicity rather than religion.

Now without getting into all sorts of notions of Weberian constructs and the difference between an ethnic group and race, it's fairly apt to call it racism.

Eh, em, er… you're a booby head!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Speaking of which, has anybody ever traced their family tree?

I'm actually in the process of doing it. It's amazing how little families know about their own family. And I'm not talking distant relatives. Go back one or two generations and names, locations, etc. get lost. Fascinating stuff.

Yep on both sides,

Mothers side three generations before her we found a realtion to travellers & for obvious reasons stopped there on that side.

Fathers side traced back 6 generations (i think)

My wife has gone back further on her fathers side & leads going to scotland & scandinavia.

Yep on both sides,

Mothers side three generations before her we found a realtion to travellers & for obvious reasons stopped there on that side.

I was wondering why you kept on trying to sell me gates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Eh, em, er… you're a booby head!

ha!
    pedantry premier league results just in....

Me 1 - Android 0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

I was wondering why you kept on trying to sell me gates.

To be honest i was expecting far better from you but that good enough:D

Yep on both sides,

Haha, funnily enough my surname in Irish is O Thiomaini. Which means 'of the drivers'.
    Which we later found out was the travellers in the Fermanagh area.

On the upside the proper anglicisation of my name is Jeffrey Driver. Which is a damn cool name should I ever go into adult entertainment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

On my father's side we can trace some of it back - you're aware of the 1901 and 1911 census on the web yea? Leads back to tenement south inner city Dublin

My mother's side we're not sure. They're from Galway, but the name is from Cork - 'To Hell or to Connaught'

ha!
    pedantry premier league results just in....

Me 1 - Android 0

Just you wait, one day I will lay waste to one of your philosophical arguments with a breathtakingly obscure piece of pedantry…

Haha, funnily enough my surname in Irish is O Thiomaini. Which means 'of the drivers'.
    Which we later found out was the travellers in the Fermanagh area.

On the upside the proper anglicisation of my name is Jeffrey Driver. Which is a damn cool name should I ever go into adult entertainment.

Jeff 'The Screw' Driver. It's got potential.

• Advertisement

Just you wait, one day I will lay waste to one of your philosophical arguments with a breathtakingly obscure piece of pedantry…

with baited breath, I await the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

joker77 wrote: »
    On my father's side we can trace some of it back - you're aware of the 1901 and 1911 census on the web yea? Leads back to tenement south inner city Dublin
    Yeah, that's what kinda kicked it off. My Mother's side are Dubs, with possible French Connections (see what I did there?!), but haven't really looked into it yet.

My Dad's side are all Bog trotters. It also seems that there was only one family name for everybody that lived in that particular part of Leitrim back then. Shower of inbreds!!

The thing about 'tracing your roots' for me is that it doubles every generation you go back. So you've 4 grandparent families to look at, another generation back you've got 8 families, then 1 more back and 16 families.... so the whole thing becomes a bit of a joke saying 'My family come from x place' - in reality usually only 1 small part of your family comes from there, the rest could come from here, there and everywhere.

The thing about 'tracing your roots' for me is that it doubles every generation you go back. So you've 4 grandparent families to look at, another generation back you've got 8 families, then 1 more back and 16 families.... so the whole thing becomes a bit of a joke saying 'My family come from x place' - in reality usually only 1 small part of your family comes from there, the rest could come from here, there and everywhere.
    Exactly. I was thinking of doing it by just tracing back through my Dad's line, i.e. his Dad, his Dad's Dad, and so on.

I do always laugh when you watch those "Who Do You Think You Are" programs and you see someone saying that they're descended from George Washington or some historical figure. When you look at the line they took they were extremely selective.

I'm just doing it to record a couple of generations back and then maybe if I can I follow it back a bit further just to see where it goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭SteveDon

If any of yous lads are around tonight im playing a tech housey live set in the pod tonight, swing by and say hello if your about, im on from 1 till 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Because of their striking genetic characteristics

Im just wondering, would you say that Irish travellers have 'striking genetic characteristics?

(and specific genetic diseases that seem to only effect them),

Which?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭ianuss

would you say that Irish travellers have 'striking genetic characteristics?

Of course, they love a good punch up, sure all their christenings and weddings end up in a brawl.

66295_161729447180879_113997915287366_411412_967359_n.jpg

60890_153597797994044_113997915287366_363537_471186_n.jpg

61597_153592864661204_113997915287366_363532_1277434_n.jpg

a4f540121f39917aeddab3e038ba5b32faaee900_m.jpg

chongli.gif

xV3K8.gif

Henry.jpg

xV3K8.gif

That clip is so hypnotic. And it also looks more painful the more you watch it.

Im just wondering, would you say that Irish travellers have 'striking genetic characteristics?

Leif, he was talking about Jewish people and the way they have big noses, shiny hair, are good with money and turn into rats at midnight.

• Advertisement

Sick of hearing about the IMF. Just sick of it.

The really annoying thing for me is that it's all just speculation. We probably won't find out what has really happened this week for another few years, until someone who is in the power circle now is no longer in that position and either releases their memoirs or spills their guts to some journalist.

Never mind having no say, we're not even allowed to hear the discussion.

So who's doing what for the weekend? The All-Blacks dominating most things for tomorrow I'd assume? I've actually got my NCT for 5.30 tomorrow so probably won't get to see much of it.

The really annoying thing for me is that it's all just speculation. We probably won't find out what has really happened this week for another few years, until someone who is in the power circle now is no longer in that position and either releases their memoirs or spills their guts to some journalist.

Or after the next election. Guaranteed the bunch of clowns that get elected will spill the beans once they get to see the paperwork.

But anyway you're right, enough of this sh1t! It's the weekend, and I'm finished work!!! :)

I've actually got my NCT for 5.30 tomorrow so probably won't get to see much of it.
    You should just chance going to the NCT early. That's what did the last time my NCT was up. Although I didn't do it on purpose , it was more circumstance. I was in and out before my appointment time was up.

So who's doing what for the weekend? The All-Blacks dominating most things for tomorrow I'd assume? I've actually got my NCT for 5.30 tomorrow so probably won't get to see much of it.

Watching the game tomorrow and then going to LCD Soundsystem on Sunday so looking forward to that. Just hope we're able to put up some sort of fight against the All-Blacks but they're like a rugby version of the IMF so I don't know how we'll get on there.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    You should just chance going to the NCT early. That's what did the last time my NCT was up. Although I didn't do it on purpose , it was more circumstance. I was in and out before my appointment time was up.
    Yea I'll probably spin up early. The mechanic gave it a service about 3 weeks ago, no probs, but this week there's a noticeable rattle from the exhaust... f*ck sake.

Don't use the car a whole lot - it's a 97 with less than 60,000 miles on the clock! Bought it maybe 7 years ago, it only had 23 on it then. Will just hope for the best tomorrow

Can't see us getting anything out of the All-Blacks game. They're on form, we're not, bit of a lethal combination.

Mind you, the team usually play better as underdogs, so they might put up a decent enough fight to make it close. Close being within 10-15 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

have my nct at 6.30 tonight, bout to leave work but its started lashing, fook drivin the bike home in the rain..try stick it out a few mins!

busy weekend planned for me. have to finish a load of tracks for an EP, do a mix, watch the All Blacks game and get started on some other shtuff. Lookin forward to it. hurrah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Im heading to Trish Van Eynde tonight, on the recommendation of a friend. Anyone know anything about her?

Watching the game tomorrow and then going to LCD Soundsystem on Sunday so looking forward to that. Just hope we're able to put up some sort of fight against the All-Blacks but they're like a rugby version of the IMF so I don't know how we'll get on there.

Never really been mad about their music but I loved their Fabric mix - I'd be interested to hear how the gig went.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭francois

Heading myself, though I highly doubt Ireland can lift the gloom with a victory

Advertisement