Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

I saw a few of the All Blacks down on fleet st. yesterday. Knew a few of their faces but I'm ashamed to say I couldn't tell you their names. Definitely recognised them though. Saw three guys walking along in shorts and sandals and the feckin size of them.

I'm a fairly big lad meself but jesus the proportions of these dudes was just scary. From far away you wouldn't think they're that big, but they were all 6'4 plus but looked like one of those types of stocky half backs that are usually around 5'9 (like O Driscoll - that type of build).

Needless to say, I felt like a tubby aul waster next to these monsters. There was a family of young kids just staring at them with their mouths open and you could see everyone just with a 'wtf are these beasts?' look in temple bar square.

Even if we get a trouncing today, it's just bloody great seeing the All Blacks playing. The mix of Samoan, Maori and European bloodlines is the perfect rugby playing race. Always a sight to behold.
    In other words, I'm looking forward to this match, even if we get hammered (which is very very possible based on recent form).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Yeah professional Rugby players are a site to behold alright. To be that big and also have the physicality to go with it is awe inspiring.

Drop one of my decks down to be fixed with the lads in Aquarius. Really sound blokes. Ended up chatting to them for a while. Told them that Jeff sent me and they said "Teabag Jeff?" I said yeah, that sounds about right! :D

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Yeah professional Rugby players are a site to behold alright. To be that big and also have the physicality to go with it is awe inspiring.

Drop one of my decks down to be fixed with the lads in Aquarius. Really sound blokes. Ended up chatting to them for a while. Told them that Jeff sent me and they said "Teabag Jeff?" I said yeah, that sounds about right! :D

Teabag Jeff? Doubt it was me they were talking about. Yeah the lads in there are bang on. I've bought a good of stuff from them over the last year.

jtsuited wrote: »
    Teabag Jeff? Doubt it was me they were talking about. Yeah the lads in there are bang on. I've bought a good of stuff from them over the last year.
    To use one of your own expressions, "Ah Jaysus!!" I was only messing!

I did get lost on the way down though. Bleedin countryside!!

Nice place they've got there. They were saying that they have lads coming from as far away as Cork for repairs. That's some distance!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Waaaayyy off topic lads but does anyone know of anyone who does outside pinted advertising on brick similar to this stuff

Or similarly if anyone can point me in the right direction on how to do it.

4288350700_e1507ebbbf.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

seannash wrote: »
    Waaaayyy off topic lads but does anyone know of anyone who does outside pinted advertising on brick similar to this stuff

Or similarly if anyone can point me in the right direction on how to do it.

4288350700_e1507ebbbf.jpg

There's a grafitti artist called Maser in Dublin doing work like that now.

http://www.maserart.com/recent.php?index=1
    http://maserart.blogspot.com/

He is the one doing the stuff with Damien Dempsey.

maser_damo_02.jpg

maser_damo_04.jpg

You could contact him and see if he could help you out.

Sean, you can't be off topic in an Off Topic Thread.

Try the Arts forum too.

Thanks lads Ill try the arts forum and try contacting that fella.
    like I said ill be trying it myself but I just want know the ins and outs of it.

Ive painted onto plastered walls before but never brick so im being a bit cautious

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Maser is savage, I've been to an exhibition of his - really love his stuff, my flatmate went to school with him too, nice chap.

Oh but you will get a laugh out of this though, his girlfriend is that girl Vogue from Fade Street - I have yet to actually see this program but I can gather what its like from the public reaction...

can't stand maser's stuff. really annoys me everywhere I see it. It's not clever and it's not nice to look at. Vacuous rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Any gamers here? if so you might be interested in this..

Age of Empires III for €0.10
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056096215

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

can't stand maser's stuff. really annoys me everywhere I see it. It's not clever and it's not nice to look at. Vacuous rubbish.

I'd disagree. Not being up in the city much I'm only use to seeing the stuff in photos. But it appeals to me on a graphic design level, the workmanship is really something to admire and I'm all on for art that attempts to engage with the larger public and uses buildings for its canvas.

But seriously Vogue from Fade Street. Jaysus...

I'd disagree. Not being up in the city much I'm only use to seeing the stuff in photos. But it appeals to me on a graphic design level, the workmanship is really something to admire and I'm all on for art that attempts to engage with the larger public and uses buildings for its canvas.
    Im only really looking for a technique on how to paint on brick and maybe fade it afterwards.

The artwork he does is pretty i guess but Ive seen alot of these sorts of exhibits before.Its certainly not bad but its not something radically different.
    He's definitely skilled

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Diego Smartly

Either for right or wrong reasons; Fade St is the best thing RTE has done in years!! Complete comedy gold.

And I've heard your one Vogue used to be a major major sessioner which explains the voice I guess :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Either for right or wrong reasons; Fade St is the best thing RTE has done in years!! Complete comedy gold.

And I've heard your one Vogue used to be a major major sessioner which explains the voice I guess :pac:

She's a resident DJ in Andrew's Lane believe it or not.

What I find very disconcerting is how this hipster generation despite their superiority complex are really just vacuous tossers who are just following a different yet equally stupid trend as going to Coppers, watching Xfactor etc.

The whole fade st. thing has really confirmed a lot of suspicions I had about that world.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Sandwell District were quality last night in the Twisted Pepper. They played another 2 hours at the after party. Just up after 3 hours sleep. That is all.

What I find very disconcerting is how this hipster generation despite their superiority complex are really just vacuous tossers who are just following a different yet equally stupid trend as going to Coppers, watching Xfactor etc.

The whole fade st. thing has really confirmed a lot of suspicions I had about that world.

There aren't any hipsters in Fade Street, the main one's just a southside WAG, the second one's just a vaguely normal Wexford girl, the guy in the boy band is just a Cork bloke in a boy band, and the other two guys are hipsters to be fair, but they don't do anything hipstery in the show I don't think.

They're also only in a few episodes because they told the producers they weren't going to ride either of the birds, so the producers were like 'all right, you can't do anything interesting for us so'.

There aren't any hipsters in Fade Street, the main one's just a southside WAG, the second one's just a vaguely normal Wexford girl,

hmmmmm......she looks like an ex-goth and ex-emo, working in mcd. Add those things together and you've got hipster. Granted, she's not one yet, but believe you me.
    Also that band Kid Karate, I've seen advertised with Fade st. in brackets after their name, etc. for dj sets at some night that absolutely screamed hipster.

My point is that, it seems than rather than reading Proust, today's 'countercultural' kids seem to have more associations with reality tv shows. That I find depressing, as most of these cúnts who try to look so different have the most homogenised and mainstream mindsets.

Joe Strummer said that the single greatest evil of capitalism was the fact that it could commidify anything, even revolution. I thought selling Che Guevara t-shirts in topman was as far as this was gonna go, but seeing these hipsters is grim considering the fact that the only thing different about them is purely their superficial dress sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

My point is that, it seems than rather than reading Proust, today's 'countercultural' kids seem to have more associations with reality tv shows. That I find depressing, as most of these cúnts who try to look so different have the most homogenised and mainstream mindsets.

Exactly, counterculturism is the essence of consumer culture. It is those who engage in culture-jamming which fuels the very system they are fighting. A great book on this whole topic is The Rebel Sell.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rebel_Sell
    Joe Strummer said that the single greatest evil of capitalism was the fact that it could commidify anything, even revolution. I thought selling Che Guevara t-shirts in topman was as far as this was gonna go, but seeing these hipsters is grim considering the fact that the only thing different about them is purely their superficial dress sense.

Perhaps the reality is that these hipsters aren't motivated by political / cultural issues - unlike the beatniks and hippies of the past, but simply their exhuberant dress sense is a result of their insecurity or need to belong. I doubt this bunch in question would even know the name of a single counter cultural critic, because they're nothing but extremely pretentious attention whores.

I remember asking a hipster in Crawdaddy about the plight of Palestineans because he was wearing a keffiyah to which he replied 'you wouldnt have a clue about it, you're from the country.' Good answer I thought. Sums those c*nts up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/11/national_geographics_photograp.html

National Geographic Photo Competition. A sense of perspective is needed tonight methinks

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Jeasus Jeff you seem to be getting more and more angry by the day. Seriously, the predictability of your replies expressing your utter hatred to anything vaguely popular, commercial, or new-age hipster-ish, is getting incessantly boring.

I think someone needs a hug...

Zascar wrote: »
    Jeasus Jeff you seem to be getting more and more angry by the day. Seriously, the predictability of your replies expressing your utter hatred to anything vaguely popular, commercial, or new-age hipster-ish, is getting incessantly boring.
    ???? haha.
    for not liking maser? or fade st.? or x factor? or for slaggin you for reading the Secret?

what the feck is 'new-age hipster-ish'?
    New Age ideologies do indeed p1ss me off no end (homeopathy, crystals, alternative medicine, etc) but I didn't know that was tied into the hipster thing.

jimi_t2 wrote: »
    http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/11/national_geographics_photograp.html

National Geographic Photo Competition. A sense of perspective is needed tonight methinks

ah i see what you did there.
    National Geographic is the ultimate way of quelling dentist waiting room anxiety. That's one thing good about going to dentists and doctors. They always have a shedload of nat geos just sitting there waiting to be read. Last week I learned all about Greenland while waiting to have a filling done. Was great.

Oh Slag away I don't mind at all, I just think its funny how you get so worked up about it... Like it says in the The Secret :pac: maybe all this negativity you are putting out there into the Universe might be having adverse effects ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

Hey, the country might be ****ed economically but if past trends are anything to go by then the comedy should get pretty good again

Zascar wrote: »
    Oh Slag away I don't mind at all, I just think its funny how you get so worked up about it.

it's funny really- I must be using the internet to vent effectively because I'm remarkably un-angry these days. General day to day things don't get to me (road rage etc.) but there are certain things that wind me up no end.

Apart from xfactor, feckin fade st, beatport top 10s and all the sh1te I choose to get annoyed at, the world's a pretty bloody cool place right now. Cost of living is so low that it's pretty easy to get by without working too much (in a real job). The US office has got back on form. And good records are coming out. To be fair, that's all you could ask for really.

That and toasted cheese sandwiches. Like valium for the soul.

bogeyman1.jpg

• Advertisement

btw, does anyone else feel guilty about being only bloody delighted that this whole IMF thing has happened??

I mean, they're gonna cut 10 billion in public spending (about fcukin time), and only gonna up the tax to get 5 billion (which in the grand scale of things won't hurt too much depending on where they decide to take it from).

The liquidity in the banks is gonna be sorted with money which isn't ours (fcuking win!), and now we've got the whole eurozone and IMF invested heavily in our country which means we have them by the balls.

This country's got to make some money now simply because the IMF and EU can't let it go any other way.

Am I missing something here?
    Apart from all the cuts to the public sector, and the reduction in social welfare, etc, I think this has been a great development.

Advertisement