Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Well hopefully we'll get back to producing art as good as this:

As one of the youtube comments states:

According to the 1993 crime statistics, instances of rape or attempted rape in Ireland plummeted by 90 per cent in the weeks following the release of this song.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Does anyone watch the series "Weeds"?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weeds_(TV_series)
    http://www.sho.com/site/weeds/home.do
    Brilliant stuff, in its its 7th season now and still gripping stuff! Funny as hell sometimes too.

Anyone got any other good series recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Zascar wrote: »
    Brilliant stuff, in its its 7th season now and still gripping stuff! Funny as hell sometimes too.

As I say I'm kind of running out - don't watch too many.
    Prob know all these - The Sopranos, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, The Ricky Gervais Show, Family Guy, The Wire, Band of Brothers

I'd recommend Treme - have you seen that? From the same people as The Wire, very different though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

joker77 wrote: »
    As I say I'm kind of running out - don't watch too many.
    Prob know all these - The Sopranos, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, The Ricky Gervais Show, Family Guy, The Wire, Band of Brothers

Pacific was quite good too. Not a sgood as Band of Brothers. Also have to say I'm really enjoying Boardwalk Empire. Misfits is actually really good too. If you explain it to someone it sounds absolutely sh1te - but it's not. Well worth a watch.

And I've also watched The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Tod Margeret. Some bits are very funny, but also some bits are really naff and kinda cringey - not quite sure if the cringey stuff is intentional like in The Office.......but some bits are genuinely laugh out loud funny.

155424_169719773048513_113997915287366_456718_3572212_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭francois

Is there some kind of wierd Kraftwek tribute going on here?

265062_1.jpg?ts=1290616138

francois wrote: »
    Is there some kind of wierd Kraftwek tribute going on here?

265062_1.jpg?ts=1290616138

Yes, they are playing the classic album Trans-Europe Express including the classics Showroom Dummies, The Hall of Mirrors and Endless, Endless…

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

ianuss wrote: »
    Pacific was quite good too. Not a sgood as Band of Brothers. Also have to say I'm really enjoying Boardwalk Empire. Misfits is actually really good too. If you explain it to someone it sounds absolutely sh1te - but it's not. Well worth a watch.

And I've also watched The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Tod Margeret. Some bits are very funny, but also some bits are really naff and kinda cringey - not quite sure if the cringey stuff is intentional like in The Office.......but some bits are genuinely laugh out loud funny.
    Started watching The Pacific but didn't get into it. Will probably give it another go at some stage.

Tag Entourage onto my list as well. It's pretty short, and can be hit and miss, but it's worth it for the lines that Johnny Drama and Ari Gold get. Use to think that Ari was the best character, but it's definitely Drama

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Oh the last few episodes of South Park has been classic too

Oh the last few episodes of South Park has been classic too

+1. That episode was genious!

• Advertisement

AIB actually finished up for the day and BOI recouped most of its losses. Almost 30m BOI shares traded today which is a colossal amount in any one day. I'd say fortunes were made and lost today!

c72cf803aproudmoment295.jpg

Seen that alright. It's seriously doing the rounds, I've gotten that email from a few different people. That bird must be seriously mortified.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Diego Smartly

For any of yis looking for something to watch; check out Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia

Start from the start with them aswell if you can. You should get the all the seasons handily enough online.

Probably my favourite TV show of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Has anybody ever known abody that's been the subject of one of this virals? Must be a total sickner.

For fans of Jim Jeffries. It's a podcast with him and two mates. One of them is a depraved version of Karl Pilkington.......

http://www.facebook.com/jimjefferies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Excellent show! I actually thought it was finished. I've heard the walking dead is good but haven't had a chance to watch it myself.

In relation to the bank share prices, as part of a college project we had to invest 100,000 in BullBearings (fake stockmarket kind of thing). With just pure timing I turned about 800 euro into 30,000 on Bank of Ireland stocks. However, tried doing the same thing again and lost 55,000. Dodgy game

Was watching the 4 Year Plan coverage earlier. I'm disgusted with myself but I have to say I agree with almost every measure that they've brought in. I'd be sketch about the VAT rate given the possibility of cross border shopping, but VAT and consumption taxes are the second least harmful after property taxes, so if its a choice between that and touching income tax then VAT makes far more sense. Not to confident in the administration of their property tax though. Seems that after the flat rate, it will be based on averages. In our submission for the AITI fantasy budget we suggested a tax credit for valuers fees every 2 years and then indexed to the TSB/ESRI index for intermittent years, which I think would have been fairer.

As someone said earlier in the thread (it's impossible to keep up), teaching people tax would be invaluable. Half the time the behavioural effects intended aren't achieved because people have no idea what they're entitled to.

And I not sure if it was said but Trance is definitely those pink wafer biscuits!

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Has anybody ever known abody that's been the subject of one of this virals? Must be a total sickner.

Yes, my father was goatse... it nearly tore him apart.

For any of yis looking for something to watch; check out Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia

Start from the start with them aswell if you can. You should get the all the seasons handily enough online.

Probably my favourite TV show of all time.

Yes!!! Finally somebody else that's seen it! I fooking love that show. So many classics but one of my favourites has to be when Dennis and Dee go on welfare - absolute classic. Everyone here has to watch it - absolute classic.

• Advertisement

Android you F**KER I just googled Goatsie

Imagine how my da feels...

Oh yeah sure, one of those "A guy I know" stories...Admit it, Goastie was you!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

haha, hey colly, 2005 called they want their google prank back!:D

I know I should have known better to Google it. Remember it from years back alright but did not cop the name.

Lemonparty.

jtsuited wrote: »
    haha, hey colly, 2005 called they want their google prank back!:D

Yeah, in fairness I thought every one had been caught out with that one already, hence the really bad 'torn apart' joke

You were making me question if I had really perverted friends there for a minute...

• Advertisement
Advertisement