Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

Anyone out there in to their cooking? I'm looking for a decent Indian cook book if anybody could recommend one........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I have a very good one at home, one of those books with multiple pictures per recipe so you know where you're at and at what stage you've made a balls of it. I'll get the name when I'm back tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

ianuss wrote: »
    Anyone out there in to their cooking? I'm looking for a decent Indian cook book if anybody could recommend one........
    Custer's last stew? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

BaZmO* wrote: »
    We're an English speaking country, that makes a huge difference with the US companies.

Doesn't make a difference this stage. If a company could set up in Germany, they'd have access to people who can speak German, perfect english, french etc. etc. Most people on the continent speak great english and at least one other language to boot.

Regarding the corporation tax rate, if it changes even by one percent we are completely ****ed. The government is locked into agreements with foreign MNC's guaranteeing the current rate. If it was to change at all they would all pull out immediately, not because of the extra percent, but because it shows that we may increase it in the future.

A lot of them chose to relocate here because they were in countries like Bermuda etc. which are tax havens. Paying a low rate of corporation tax is more professional and gives a better impression than being domiciled in a tax haven

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I work for a big multinational software company who have a European base here - so countries like German, Italy, Spain etc etc are all based from Dublin - has been for 10 years. However, they have just built a massive building in the south of Spain and rumour has it most of the people here who serve the other European countries will be moved there. Supposedly it is more than 25% cheaper to run the business down there - plus its easier to attract new talent to a nice sunny Spanish seaside town than get people to move to Dublin.

I'm guessing that it would not be practical to run the UK & Ireland from Spain - so we are probably safe enough, however I would not be completely adverse to moving to Spain, and if not I'd bloody love redundancy!

• Advertisement

Zascar wrote: »
    I work for a big multinational software company who have a European base here - so countries like German, Italy, Spain etc etc are all based from Dublin - has been for 10 years. However, they have just built a massive building in the south of Spain and rumour has it most of the people here who serve the other European countries will be moved there. Supposedly it is more than 25% cheaper to run the business down there - plus its easier to attract new talent to a nice sunny Spanish seaside town than get people to move to Dublin.

I'm guessing that it would not be practical to run the UK & Ireland from Spain - so we are probably safe enough, however I would not be completely adverse to moving to Spain, and if not I'd bloody love redundancy!

A Spanish move would be pretty sweet, especially if they'd be ok with pigeon Spanish for a while. Don't Spain have their own potential financial woes as well though?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Oh they sure do, but you would not feel so bad about it if you could go to the beach on your lunch break and chase Spanish tail every night...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Oh they sure do, but you would not feel so bad about it if you could go to the beach on your lunch break and chase Spanish tail every night...

my-wife-cutie.jpg

that's why they invented doggy style

I was going to say that's why they invented plastic surgery but oddly enough she (?) looks like she's (?) already had it.

• Advertisement

Andy you'd still give her a lash, don't deny it!

Andy you'd still give her a lash, don't deny it!

I curse myself for being married…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭acman

Gibson Guitar anyone? Zascar / Scuba check main forum for some great deals :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Jesus, thought making it out to town last night was bad, tonight is gonna be ridiculous. When's the last time there was snow this deep in Dublin?

Yeah its horrendous. I was lucky to get my car moving this morning to get into work - had to get a randomer to push me out - then then again when going home I got stuck again but managed to power out if thankfully. Staying home tomorrow deffo. Also supposed to be heading to Time Warp on Saturday - not sure if I'll even get out of Dublin.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

I've already sent email to people who were expecting me into any bit of work tomorrow that there's not a chance I'll be in, barring a miracle thaw.
    Can't stand when you're dealing with people who live in the city centre who really can't comprehend how utterly difficult and dangerous it is to travel right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its due to freeze solid tonight.

Spent the day just chilling listening to some laidback choons. Same again tomorrow.

jtsuited wrote: »
    I've already sent email to people who were expecting me into any bit of work tomorrow that there's not a chance I'll be in, barring a miracle thaw.
    Can't stand when you're dealing with people who live in the city centre who really can't comprehend how utterly difficult and dangerous it is to travel right now.

See how angry the gods get when you white boys play ghettotech!?!! Maybe it's not too late Frankie…

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I luckily (or unluckily) work close to home. I was the last one out of work yesterday and couldn't get the car out of the car park. Had to just leave it there. Walked to work today and had to use a spade to dig it out when I was going home. Got stuck another two times. Mad stuff, but great craic.

But I agree with Jeff, some people can be real retards when it comes to not realising how difficult it is to get home. My boss told everyone to go home at lunchtime yesterday and 11 today. No point in staying unless you really have to.

I work close to home too and I'm absolutely loving this snow. Driving is actually fun and I'm gonna head out tonight for a stroll. The last time there was snow this deep for me was back in the late 80's. It's still bucketing down here in Stepaside.

• Advertisement

ianuss wrote: »

As promised...

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Indian-Cookbook-Mridula-Baljekar/dp/1844776255

Really well laid out with all the classics and everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

I'm been away from the internet for the most part the last few days of snow - have to say I haven't missed it a whole lot! Internet has been available, so much more distractions working from home though...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

See how angry the gods get when you white boys play ghettotech!?!! Maybe it's not too late Frankie…

Played about 15 minutes of ghettotech at the Shaw tonight, people didn't get it at all, had to go back to house. Maybe if I dressed up as a minstrel it'd work better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Made into work this morning, i have been off all week but just could not take it anymore... Head done in staying at home, kids and misses doing me head in lol. not able to go anyware. So fare it looks like its going to be a very quite day today. just read that It's estimated that in 1 worker in 5 is staying out of work or working shorter days because of the conditions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Yeah we're all just coming in, flying through our work and getting home. Though we were brought for free food and beer last night. Fun times walking home at 11PM. Fell a number of times. Wrist sore and leg sore but feck it, free beer so was worth it :D

I'm staying home today but all this week have been in the office from around 10/11 untill 3/4 or so - office is fairly empty. I heard that 1/5 statistic but I bet its higher! Looks a lot clearer today, roads from my window seem fine. I need tog et out to buy stuff for Amsterdam, and then fingers crossed my flight gets out ok today.

Keeping an eye on: http://twitter.com/#!/dublinairport - I have to say Twitter is so dam handy for certain things - so many more businesses etc using it to inform the masses

Played about 15 minutes of ghettotech at the Shaw tonight, people didn't get it at all, had to go back to house. Maybe if I dressed up as a minstrel it'd work better.

Were there many out? Fair play to anyone hitting the town in weather like htis with a total lack of taxis.

Not surprised on the Ghettotech though - depends how it was placed etc but yea, we're not in Harlem!

hey man, hoping it all clears up for you and that you have a blast in the Dam :)

Awww thanks! Breaking my overseas festival/rave experience cherry. Ideally it would be beachside and 25 degrees (airbound etc) but I'm sure this will still be a great experience :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

I'm staying home today but all this week have been in the office from around 10/11 untill 3/4 or so - office is fairly empty. I heard that 1/5 statistic but I bet its higher! Looks a lot clearer today, roads from my window seem fine.

Main roads are fine coming in this morning but the secondary roads are still treacherous. City center is still like an ice rink this morning around Pearse st and ballsbridge. Seen many cars get into difficulty, just as well i got four new tyres a few mounts ago.:)

Advertisement