Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

If it looks like we are going to get more than one of these big freezes this winter, I'm getting a pair of these:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

The Barge was jammed. Couldn't believe it.

And yeah man good luck on getting to that gig. Actually very envious of you, whopper line up at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

SuprSi wrote: »
    As promised...

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Indian-Cookbook-Mridula-Baljekar/dp/1844776255

Really well laid out with all the classics and everything else.

Cheers Si, muchos thankos.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

ianuss wrote: »
    Cheers Si, muchos thankos.
    Ianuss, this book is supposed to be a bit of a bible when it comes to Indian cooking. I bought a copy a while ago but haven't gotten round to using any of the recipes yet. Indian cooking is pretty involved stuff, ingredient and time wise.

I have this one too, and I made a couple of recipes from it last week. Simple my árse! Pretty complicated stuff, which tbh I don't mind as I love cooking, but it wouldn't be for the novice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

just had the most epic fail trying to get my car moving. I'm one of those if I start something I have to finish it people so I've spent the past hour getting my arse kicked by physics. What a waste of time.
    Gonna build a snowman to try to appease the snow gods for attempting to cause an affront to them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Nice to see there are a few peeps here that are into there cooking:D
    My wife is a Thai chef, Love to cook myself:D

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Ianuss, this book is supposed to be a bit of a bible when it comes to Indian cooking. I bought a copy a while ago but haven't gotten round to using any of the recipes yet. Indian cooking is pretty involved stuff, ingredient and time wise.

I have this one too, and I made a couple of recipes from it last week. Simple my árse! Pretty complicated stuff, which tbh I don't mind as I love cooking, but it wouldn't be for the novice.

Nice one Baz, just added both to my cart for less than a tenner :)

I love cooking myself, really love eating! I'm on a big curry buzz at the moment. Mostly Thai, but I tried a jalfrezi the other day and while it was nice, it wasn't great. Hence looking for some decent recipes.

Lucky, lucky man.

Scrap the boards beers........just invite a few around for some dinner :pac:

Nice to see there are a few peeps here that are into there cooking:D
    I love Thai Food, but a bástard trying to swallow the Lego! :pac:

Nah seriously, you're a lucky man. Is she from Thailand or just a Thai chef?

Nice one Baz, just added both to my cart for less than a tenner :)
    No worries. The Curry Secret has a real oldskool feel off it (although more Mrs. Beeton than jonnny68!) :D

I love cooking myself, really love eating! I'm on a big curry buzz at the moment. Mostly Thai, but I tried a jalfrezi the other day and while it was nice, it wasn't great. Hence looking for some decent recipes.
    I love cooking too, actually wanted to be a chef when I was younger. Thinking of the hours that they put in, it's probably best that it never happened. I do all the cooking at home too. Love it.

I've a nice recipe for a Balti if you're interested?

I love cooking too, actually wanted to be a chef when I was younger. Thinking of the hours that they put in, it's probably best that it never happened. I do all the cooking at home too. Love it.

I've a nice recipe for a Balti if you're interested?

Ye, nice one, send us on that recipe. I'll try it out over the weekend

I tried my hand at being a chef when I was a wee lad. But the hours and the initial pay put me off. I was working from 12 to 12 for £20 a day and working all weekend too. I lasted about 2 months I think. I kinda regret not sticking it out sometimes as I'll happily spend a few hours prepping food and cooking away.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Lucky, lucky man.

Scrap the boards beers........just invite a few around for some dinner :pac:

+1!

Nah seriously, you're a lucky man. Is she from Thailand or just a Thai chef?

She is from Thailand, met her in Sligo of all places in 2001. she has worked in all the top thai Restaurants in Dublin over the years.She is totally passionate about her cooking as are most Thai's. Lads in work do be jealous to see some of the food i bring in for lunch:pac:.

I'm jealous myself!

She does lots of cooking for family members at party's, communions and christening etc..
    Think she might be busy over next year the way the country is going..

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

She is from Thailand, met her in Sligo of all places in 2001. she has worked in all the top thai Restaurants in Dublin over the years.She is totally passionate about her cooking as are most Thai's. Lads in work do be jealous to see some of the food i bring in for lunch:pac:.

Oh love Thai food too - definitely think the boards Christmas party is in your gaf! I'll bring a bag of tunes too.

I often go to Siam Thai on Andrew St for their lunch Bento box, great value for 9.99. Sometimes stretch to their two course lunch for 14.95, great Pad Thai there and also their Chicken & Cashew nuts stir fry is the business.

Oh love Thai food too - definitely think the boards Christmas party is in your gaf! I'll bring a bag of tunes too.

I often go to Siam Thai on Andrew St for their lunch Bento box, great value for 9.99. Sometimes stretch to their two course lunch for 14.95, great Pad Thai there and also their Chicken & Cashew nuts stir fry is the business.

You can't beat a good Pad Thai ! :) next time your there ask for a papaya salad,
    If Spicy food is not your thing get a few pints of water also:pac:

Have you tried SABA Restaurant?

You can't beat a good Pad Thai ! :) next time your there ask for a papaya salad,
    If Spicy food is not your thing get a few pints of water also:pac:

Have you tried SABA Restaurant?

I was a complete wuss when it comes to spicy food and up to a while ago getting Tikka Masala over Korma from an Indian was adventurous! I am becoming more accustomed to more spicy though and get the green curry in Siam now and again, I tend to order a jug of water with it but love it alright.

Yeah think I've been to SABA too, is that the one at the back of the Westbury? If it is really liked that place, was my first to try Pad Thai actually.

I was a complete wuss when it comes to spicy food and up to a while ago getting Tikka Masala over Korma from an Indian was adventurous! I am becoming more accustomed to more spicy though and get the green curry in Siam now and again, I tend to order a jug of water with it but love it alright.

Yeah think I've been to SABA too, is that the one at the back of the Westbury? If it is really liked that place, was my first to try Pad Thai actually.

Yeah that's the place. Does be very busy, a lot of my wife's friends are chefs there. its more Asian type food rather than just Thai witch is kinda alright.
    The head chef there use to do cooking lessons on Sundays in Saba, not sure if he still does it now?.

Yeah that's the place. Does be very busy, a lot of my wife's friends are chefs there. its more Asian type food rather than just Thai witch is kinda alright.
    The head chef there use to do cooking lessons on Sundays in Saba, not sure if he still does it now?.

Best tom yum soup around.

I'd be interested to hear if they still do lessons........any idea of the price?

Yeah must go back there so... I pass every so often and wonder if they've any lunchtime deals going, I only eat where there are specials :pac: Which in fairness there are lots of great deals to be had around these days, it was crazy what it had been costing for decent food.

I got some Japanese food recently from a take away that does Thai, Indian and Japanese, the name won't come to me but the food was amazing. Japan is a country I'd love to visit.

• Advertisement

Best tom yum soup around.

I'd be interested to hear if they still do lessons........any idea of the price?

I will check it out and let you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I haven't been there in a while but Saba is a good spot, especially good for a bigger group as there's always a good buzz in there. Myself and the missus go to Siam Thai in Monkstown a good bit. We both love Thai food, though neither of us cook it too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

I went to Saba last year, and to be honest was a bit disappointed. The food didn't really seem as good as all the awards etc said it was going to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Zascar wrote: »
    Awww thanks! Breaking my overseas festival/rave experience cherry. Ideally it would be beachside and 25 degrees (airbound etc) but I'm sure this will still be a great experience :)

I went to Amsterdam in Jan/Feb and I've never been so cold in my life. Baltic isn't even the word! Bring thermals and layers!
    jtsuited wrote: »
    just had the most epic fail trying to get my car moving. I'm one of those if I start something I have to finish it people so I've spent the past hour getting my arse kicked by physics. What a waste of time.
    Gonna build a snowman to try to appease the snow gods for attempting to cause an affront to them.

Did you put it in second gear and rock it? Me and my mate shifted 2 cars and a van on Wednesday night. She lives at the top of a hill and no one could get more than half way up. It should have been filmed in black and white with a slapstick routine piano soundtrack.

Thai wise Diep le Shaker just off Baggot St. is quite nice too.

I went to Amsterdam in Jan/Feb and I've never been so cold in my life. Baltic isn't even the word! Bring thermals and layers!
    You're a gurl so it doesn't count. Girls are always cold......cold and heartless! :D:p

Ah yes, the weak and feeble constitution of us females :rolleyes:

Actually it was me and 3 lads that went over and they were the exact same. In the apartment when the cravings for chocolate and pie kicks in

"you go to the shop"
    "no you go to the shop"
    "I went last time"
    "I'm not going, you go"

Half an hour's motivation for every venture forth.

Anyone going snowboarding or skiing this month/next year? I'm heading with 5 lads to Sauze d'Oulx in Italy for a week at the beginning of March and can't wait. The snow over the last few days has made me look forward to it even more. We were in Bulgaria this year which was really cheap, but the slopes weren't very long so we wouldn't be arsed going back.

Went snowboarding last year in Les Deux Alps. Usually ski every year so snowboarding was a bit of a change. Never been in so much pain in my life.

Check out Pas de la Casa in Andorra. Cheaper than most places, and a good mix of runs for boarders and skiiers at various levels

Went snowboarding last year in Les Deux Alps. Usually ski every year so snowboarding was a bit of a change. Never been in so much pain in my life.

Check out Pas de la Casa in Andorra. Cheaper than most places, and a good mix of runs for boarders and skiiers at various levels

Yeah snowboarding was very tough to get the hang of - I fell more times on my second day boarding than the entire time during my first ski holiday, but I'd never go back now. We looked at Andorra, but the problem was that most of the runs seemed to be quite easy and as we have one very advanced boarded with us, and I'd be an experienced intermediate, we needed variety.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Lads im actually looking to go after christmas so Im wondering whats the story with bringing your boards with ya.
    How much extra is it to get it on the flight?

Advertisement