Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Depends on whether you go charter or not. If you go charter, you can bring you board in your bag, and put everything else into the bag too and it's free. I don't know what it costs with Aer Lingus or Ryanair but I think it's something like 40 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

SuprSi wrote: »
    Yeah snowboarding was very tough to get the hang of - I fell more times on my second day boarding than the entire time during my first ski holiday, but I'd never go back now. We looked at Andorra, but the problem was that most of the runs seemed to be quite easy and as we have one very advanced boarded with us, and I'd be an experienced intermediate, we needed variety.

Yeah its best for mid level Intermediates, always hard to find somewhere that can cater for everyone.

Snowboarding was really hard to get the hang of, it got to the stage that when I was turning, I was too scared to finish it because my knees and wrists were so sore from falling.
    seannash wrote: »
    Lads im actually looking to go after christmas so Im wondering whats the story with bringing your boards with ya.
    How much extra is it to get it on the flight?

I think it was 20 or 30 with ryanair one way when we were heading over, but dont quote me on that, I just rented when I got there

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I went snowboarding back in February in the French alps somewhere, can't remember the name of the resort. I fckin loved it, first time and did find it quite hard to get the hang of but once it started to click I was sold. There were 8 of us in the beginners group on the first day, that was down to 3 by the 3rd day! I managed a red run on the last day, seriously scary stuff but bloody addictive at the same time. I think I found being able to turn most rewarding, its so hard at first to commit to turning, just feels wrong but when you do its great.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Yell0 Man

First trip snowboarding was in Kranjska Gora in Slovenia, one of the best holidays iv had, it was really cheap but that was 5 or 6 years ago. Thought it would be like riding a bike but was in New Zealand this year and was coerrsed into attempting a red run after half a days practice with a snowboard after 4 years, needless to say my mate disappeared into the distance as I ate snow for 20 minutes. Never got the appeal of skiing (always seemed to easy), although, there's nothing worse than seeing a 5 year old zip down the slopes on skies as you struggle to put 3 or 4 turns together.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

cool,just wanted to make sure i wont get slapped with a massive charge when i rock up wit my bag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

On the Thai front - would have to agree that Diep Le Shaker is the best in Dublin. Pricey though, haven't been in a while so don't know if they've put their prices down.

Saba is alright, decent enough pricewise for lunch. Siam Thai can be ok. Papaya was authentic I think, been a while since I was there as well.

I did an afternoon Thai cookery course when I was over there last year - was great. 5 people and 1 chef, you go through 5 or 6 dishes. You get to pick the dishes - it was myself and a mate and 3 strangers - they outvoted us so I didn't really get to cook what I wanted. It was good though - so quick and easy, very focused on fresh ingredients. I'd be able to make the chicken soup from memory, tasty stuff. We made the papaya salad which I'd never had before, also very nice, spicy.

A guilty pleasure... :o

My two kids were just bopping around the kitchen to this!

Mark Ronson & The Business Intl - Bang Bang Bang

A guilty pleasure... :o

My two kids were just bopping around the kitchen to this!

Mark Ronson & The Business Intl - Bang Bang Bang

Most things with Q-Tip in them are generally pretty good.
    I do have this song on my ipod

Most things with Q-Tip in them are generally pretty good.
    I do have this song on my ipod

Its catchy as fck! A few others on the album had my ears prick up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The first 5, maybe 6, tracks on that album are fantastic, but after that it's pretty sh1t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Actually, speaking of Q-Tip, I always loved the track that he did with DJ Shadow on his last album.

Apart from "This Time, I'm Gonna Try it My Way" it was the stand out track on the album imo.

This is another guilty pleasure, I can actually see me buying the album. Think I'll sell all my techno.

Groove Armada - Paper Romance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Haven't seen a crowd like that at Pod for Butch last night in a while. Every second bloke was gurning his face off, and every second bird was down to just her bra. Swear they thought they were in Ibiza.

Haven't seen a crowd like that at Pod for Butch last night in a while. Every second bloke was gurning his face off, and every second bird was down to just her bra. Swear they thought they were in Ibiza.

Thats what Dublin being awash with good drugs and a recession does!

...now where was I, oh yeah, back to my new found pop love.

I've just fallen in love again with what was an old favourite from The Smiths - 'Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before'. I'm loving this cover - again with Mark Ronson & Rose Elinor Dougall...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

speaking of pop, this tune is top notch. If only DJs in ****ty clubs would venture towards the outer edges of pop. You could play a very good set of pop music that everyone would dance to even by sticking within the parameters of what's acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

speaking of pop, this tune is top notch. If only DJs in ****ty clubs would venture towards the outer edges of pop. You could play a very good set of pop music that everyone would dance to even by sticking within the parameters of what's acceptable.
    Have to admit that's a guilty pleasure track of mine as well, there's a dozen or so pop tunes I have in a folder in work that I listen to in the office every now and again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Does anyone in the 30 plus age bracket ever remember this cartoon being played on RTE 2 back in the day as a filler. Anytime there was a shortfall in their scheduling they seemed to play it. I remember the first time I heard Autobahn as a teenager I remember thinking 'that's that music from that weird cartoon'

Looks like a boards dance head won't be coming back.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056107728

Looks like a boards dance head won't be coming back.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056107728
    any link to the thread

• Advertisement

any link to the thread

Nah, just stumbled across that in prison. I'm sure if you go back in his posts it'll be there.

SuprSi wrote: »
    As promised...

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Indian-Cookbook-Mridula-Baljekar/dp/1844776255

Really well laid out with all the classics and everything else.

Looks like a good book but I got a famous uncle that sorts out all my sauces.

Thought this was killed by hackers. Obviously didn't do a very good job.

P.S. We want Slut1 back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

I know a good few of the lads on here are quite internet savvy, so I wonder if you could help me out.

Trying to figure how to stop mp3s I post on my blog being so easy to rip from the source code. Any new stuff, especially unreleased stuff, I post I obviously don't have downloadable, but anybody can just go into the source code and find the .mp3 link and download it.

I've seen a lot of blogs at least have the .mp3 links encoded, but can't see an option to do this on the Wordpress audio player, and encoding them externally doesn't work.

Other blogs with the exact same audio player don't even have any .mp3 links in the source code, how do you do that? That's the ideal, but I'd be happy enough just encoding them for the time being.

There are ways & means around getting mp3's if your really determined, the most effective deterrent i ever came across was an mp3 that had a every 30 second intervals or so in the tune a voice over really loud saying,

"this is a copyrighted music production & only for sample purposes"

Not worth keeping or sharing but does what it needs to do for people wanting to hear a new tune at a high bit rate.
    Jesus, thought making it out to town last night was bad, tonight is gonna be ridiculous. When's the last time there was snow this deep in Dublin?

Ah son, i think you were touting for the answer to this really, i remember like i remember yesterday, twas 1982,

snow82.jpg?w=650&h=461

dublin-the-big-freeze.jpg

Nah, just stumbled across that in prison. I'm sure if you go back in his posts it'll be there.

I have gone looking at some obscure threads on boards alright but why prison:confused:

I have gone looking at some obscure threads on boards alright but why prison:confused:

Some of the funniest threads are in prison, I check there a bit. This one is great.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055646595

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Jesus, now i feel like a right tit, i genuinley thought it was about prison & discussions around morality & rehabilitation etc would be the theme so never looked in it, cheers for this as i am sure it will bring many a smile to my face in 2011:D

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Some of the funniest threads are in prison, I check there a bit. This one is great.

Classic thread.
    If you sort by views and select all time as I have here, you'll see it has the most views bar the stickies, with good reason :)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?s=&f=335&page=1&pp=20&sort=views&order=desc&daysprune=-1

What a mong.

That truly is a work of art as a thread. Brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

For all you Phone nerds ...

Sony Playstation - new Phone

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/12/04/more-playstation-phone-videos-leaked/

• Advertisement

For all you Phone nerds ...

Sony Playstation - new Phone

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/12/04/more-playstation-phone-videos-leaked/

That really is as ugly as Mary Harney when its open. Christ, could they not have hired a decent product designer for it.

Advertisement