Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

That really is as ugly as Mary Harney when its open. Christ, could they not have hired a decent product designer for it.

I know - and the new OS is supposed to be called Gingerbread on Android :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

I know - and the new OS is supposed to be called Gingerbread on Android :pac:

The last time I had gingerbread on me it didn't end pretty. Crumbs in my ass crack for a month afterwards…

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Some of the funniest threads are in prison, I check there a bit. This one is great.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055646595

Haha, brilliant!

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I'm sure there are many more epic posts but this one really made light of a sh1te day!
    Now I have the full story. My son has been using my iPhone while away and explains he was banned for vulgarity in a gaa forum and then banned from the site. To avoid getting in trouble he created a new account in which he tryed to enter a playstation tournament

Beleive me,I'm deeply sorry for my error of staying logged in before leaving for Crete.

I am sure we can come to a reasonable agreement and have this ban lifted

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

On my way in to Arcade Fire. Anybody else going/been?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Lads does anybody know how to figure out if a site is selling legit stuff.Ordering some clothes online but im a bit unsure as to whether its a legit site or not.

any pointers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭francois

seannash wrote: »
    Lads does anybody know how to figure out if a site is selling legit stuff.Ordering some clothes online but im a bit unsure as to whether its a legit site or not.

any pointers

see where the site is registered or who owns the domain for a start
    http://whois.domaintools.com/

see if the registrant is legit
    if there is a purchase page check the site's certificate

francois wrote: »

Thanks dude,looked like it was a dodgy site :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

francois wrote: »

nice one for that link comes in handy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

Never knew this, Brian Eno's cameo in Fr.Ted as... Fr.Brian Eno

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsE2v3wf4z8&has_verified=1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

jimi_t2 wrote: »
    Never knew this, Brian Eno's cameo in Fr.Ted as... Fr.Brian Eno

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsE2v3wf4z8&has_verified=1

another one of those moments a few years back where I was convinced I was imagining it. what a surreal cameo appearance.
    to be fair, Brian Eno seems like the nicest coolest guy in the world.

jtsuited wrote: »
    another one of those moments a few years back where I was convinced I was imagining it. what a surreal cameo appearance.
    to be fair, Brian Eno seems like the nicest coolest guy in the world.

Brian Eno nice?!?!!

That man pinches babies and eats kitten’s souls and he once raped a fox!!!

Or was that Bryan Ferry? I get confused…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

The **** is with all the spammers lately?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Back from Timewarp. Was good fun, so wrecked now. Bloody Cold over there! Massive event, not sure how many people but had to be well over 10,000 - 3 giagantic venues next door to each other - but very well organised. Queues were fine, very few security, no hassle, people were cool. Sound systems were whopper, stomach churning bass - however sometimes when its like that the music can seem muddled. Amazing lazer shows. Ended at 7am then went to afterparty in AIR until about 11. Had a few saphires, good but not as good as I was expecting. Felt grand the next day which was great in fairness. Only got to see a little bit of Amsterdam - yeah it was nice and all but nothing overly impressive tbh - not all that different from Dublin in many ways. I want to go back in the summer and check it out properly really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

Zascar wrote: »
    Back from Timewarp. Was good fun, so wrecked now. Bloody Cold over there! Massive event, not sure how many people but had to be well over 10,000 - 3 giagantic venues next door to each other - but very well organised. Queues were fine, very few security, no hassle, people were cool. Sound systems were whopper, stomach churning bass - however sometimes when its like that the music can seem muddled. Amazing lazer shows. Ended at 7am then went to afterparty in AIR until about 11. Had a few saphires, good but not as good as I was expecting. Felt grand the next day which was great in fairness. Only got to see a little bit of Amsterdam - yeah it was nice and all but nothing overly impressive tbh - not all that different from Dublin in many ways. I want to go back in the summer and check it out properly really.

It's been a few years since I was there but most of the streets in the city reminded me of Grafton St. with the red brick/cobble-lock streets - very disorientating when you're under the influence.

Anyone here do science in college by any chance?

I'm going to pretend I did so… yes! Why?

Need to learn everything I can about physics and chemistry for an exam I'm taking in March. Need some books etc.
    Ploughing away at the study at the moment and haven't got stuck, but it's only a matter of time before I do.

Need to learn everything I can about physics and chemistry for an exam I'm taking in March. Need some books etc.
    Ploughing away at the study at the moment and haven't got stuck, but it's only a matter of time before I do.
    Whatcha studying for now Timoney

• Advertisement

Does anyone ever watch Current TV on SKY? It's on channel 183. I'm not one for watching tv in general, but this is a great little channel. It's got lots of short little documentaries and various pieces sent in by head-the-balls from all over the world. Nearly everytime I stick it on there's something of interest on it.

I'm currently learning about rising demand for ethanol for fuel, and it's higher prices having a hugely adverse effect on world food prices. It's after leading to a 4-fold decrease in tortilla consumption in some parts of Mexico, a tripling of feed price for cattle in the US and spiralling costs for rice too. It's mad how one little change in the environment can ripple through many so countries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

I did, for a year, but dropped out. I was 17 at the time and went to DCU because it was within walking distance from my house. Whilst I'm not sure college funding should be abolished, it's a bit of an damning indictment against the current system; really encourages people to waste huge amounts of money when they have no real place being in a third-level institution.

I have a few books but unfortunately I'll need them as I'll be going back to study science in Trinity next year out of my own pocket, and I want to be well ahead of the game.

Not sure if it's any any use to you, but have you checked out the Khan Academy? I haven't looked into it in detail, but there's plenty of relevant stuff there, and apparently it's pretty decent for a free resource.

seannash wrote: »
    Whatcha studying for now Timoney

A graduate-entry medicine course I have not a chance of getting into first time round, but wanna get the ball rolling on it now.
    My brain has been rotting for 4 years now so it's time to get back to using it again.
    Really enjoying studying at the moment, but have a big mountain to climb, as I have no science background except leaving cert biology and chemistry which was nearly 10 bloody years ago.

Really enjoying studying at the moment, but have a big mountain to climb, as I have no science background except leaving cert biology and chemistry which was nearly 10 bloody years ago.

Let's see how long that enthusiasm lasts :).

ianuss wrote: »
    Let's see how long that enthusiasm lasts :).

yeah that's why i'm trying to get as much in to the honeymoon period as I can.

yeah that's why i'm trying to get as much in to the honeymoon period as I can.

I find the hardest bit about studying is actually getting in to a routine - once you've gotten in to it, it's grand. And then it's all about 'slowly, slowly, catchy monkey'.

Best of luck with it anyway. I've yet to hear anyone say they've regretted going back to study as a mature old fart.

I find the hardest bit about studying is actually getting in to a routine - once you've gotten in to it, it's grand. And then it's all about 'slowly, slowly, catchy monkey'.

Best of luck with it anyway. I've yet to hear anyone say they've regretted going back to study as a mature old fart.

well I'm still only 26 and for what I want to go into it's definitely not too old (quite the average age actually).

Yeah the studying routine is something I'm gonna have to get into. Right now, I'm just going headfirst and studying for most of the day, but that's not going to last. Have to get through a load of basic chemistry by tomorrow, and then it's time to plan a schedule.

well I'm still only 26 and for what I want to go into it's definitely not too old (quite the average age actually).

Yeah the studying routine is something I'm gonna have to get into. Right now, I'm just going headfirst and studying for most of the day, but that's not going to last. Have to get through a load of basic chemistry by tomorrow, and then it's time to plan a schedule.

Ah right, you're so cranky & opinionated sometimes I thought you were older than that :p

Ah right, you're so cranky & opinionated sometimes I thought you were older than that :p

haha tis true! I've been a grumpy auld man since I was 21.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

I'm currently learning about rising demand for ethanol for fuel, and it's higher prices having a hugely adverse effect on world food prices. It's after leading to a 4-fold decrease in tortilla consumption in some parts of Mexico, a tripling of feed price for cattle in the US and spiralling costs for rice too. It's mad how one little change in the environment can ripple through many so countries.

More deception in order to jack up prices & make the wealthy even more wealthy, Ethanol can even be produced from grass & not needing to go near food staple crops for humans,

Ethanol from grass

Advertisement