Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Aid

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,475 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

These things are addictive, was up to around 30 before I tried to register and everything got reset :(

Also seems to be part of a viral campaign for Tron Legacy. Not sure how it connects, but hey its fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

These things are addictive, was up to around 30 before I tried to register and everything got reset :(

Also seems to be part of a viral campaign for Tron Legacy. Not sure how it connects, but hey its fun.

30:eek:

/feels inferior

• Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Flynn had an arcade in the first film and the son goes there in the new one

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,475 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Skerries wrote: »
    Flynn had an arcade in the first film and the son goes there in the new one

Indeedie (new film looks surprisingly excellent by the way). Just wondering if the game is part of some larger viral 'game' though, as is often the way with these things. According to google, it is :pac:

/feels inferior

Edit: Something weird happens when you get thirty... Best hint I'd give is to just say the things you see aloud, alot of them are fairly literal. Although admittedly I just guessed some of them (Burger Time?). Smash TV is the hardest one I've gotten so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Taking a proper look at this now, (not distracted by things like work) and I'm up to 28.

Most proud of numbers 14 and 55 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

12 is enough for me till i have a good look

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

28 as well, it has me stumped now... I feel like I'll be kicking myself about most of these

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Mataguri

Stuck at 30 :( Really pleased with getting #28 and #13 though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

got 45 - some of them I don't actually recognise as games but just recognise the terms or words used

I Cant get:

#03 - gekko with an R? - geico lizard?
    #12 - two guys in balloons shooting at each other
    #21 - tron guy throwing a disk
    #23 - two guys with violins?
    #43 - grey cut-out guy
    #44 - Stopped fire engine
    #50 - eye popping out
    #51 - 24k cats eye?
    #52 - Roaring wolf?

Hercule wrote: »
    got 45 - some of them I don't actually recognise as games but just recognise the terms or words used

I Cant get:

#43 - grey cut-out guy
    #50 - eye popping out
    #51 - 24k cats eye?
    #52 - Roaring wolf?

From what I remember:
    3 =
    Frogger
    12 =
    Balloon Fight
    43 =
    Paper Boy
    44 = admittedly I just guessed this one but it is
    Fire Truck.
    No, I've never heard of it either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Mataguri

I Cant get:

#43 - grey cut-out guy
    #50 - eye popping out
    #51 - 24k cats eye?
    #52 - Roaring wolf?

I got some of them:
    #21 Discs of tron
    #50 Popeye
    #52 Sea Wolf
    #3 Frogger
    #23 Crossbow
    #12 Balloon Fight (I've never actually heard of this game, it was a guess)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭dor83

I Cant get:
    Got 47 myself and seem to have a few that you don't, here's a bit of help it you want it
    #03 - gekko with an R? - geico lizard?-It a frog
    #12 - two guys in balloons shooting at each other-not a clue
    #21 - tron guy throwing a disk-almost got it, discs
    #23 - two guys with violins?-not a clue
    #43 - grey cut-out guy-he's made of paper
    #44 - Stopped fire engine-truck
    #50 - eye popping out-hers a sailor man
    #51 - 24k cats eye?-Bond
    #52 - Roaring wolf?-not a clue

I'm surprised so many people are having trouble with
    Balloon Fight
    . Really fun NES game, always thought it was fairly well known!

Did anyone else really want 20 to be
    Halo 3 as opposed to Halo
    ? Missed opportunity :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Haha, I'm up to 37 on this one now. #50 I just wasn't grasping but had said pretty much everything but what it was. Some of them are so simple (yet games you don't know) that you really gotta just say what you see. Still pretty stumped now at the moment on the final 19.

you dont get anything for fillin em all in :S

you dont get anything for fillin em all in :S

I think the first few people to solve it as part of the viral campaign get sent a package with more virally stuff in it (not anthrax, but some sort of fake ID to further the game). I'm sure they only did it for the first few people to finish it though. Those alternate reality games are pretty crazily in-depth.

you mean I missed my chance to bomb around in light cycles in a secret tron-world

Advertisement