Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[COMPETITION] Mow my lawn.

• 05-05-2010 4:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

We are pleased to announce an exciting new competition!

How about a bunch of people come around and mow my lawn a few times over the course of several months, or even a year, for the opportunity to win cash $$$ prizes or even a new T.V.!!!1

You can enter as many times as you want. The winner will be decided on by a panel of one at some time in the future.

Also, you should all go and make a lot of noise on "social networking" sites, or whatever you kids are into these days, about this competition; just get on your Facebook, Bebo, Twitter, MySpace, Pix.ie, Flickr, AdultFriendFinder, whatever, and inundate your unfortunate compatriots with nonsense about the competition. Viral, viral, viral, viral. There may even be some sort of prize for this, but do it either way, we'll decide later.

Also, you can take a photograph of it, or something.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

charybdis wrote: »
    We are pleased to announce an exciting new competition!

How about a bunch of people come around and mow my lawn a few times over the course of several months, or even a year, for the opportunity to win cash $$$ prizes or even a new T.V.!!!1

You can enter as many times as you want. The winner will be decided on by a panel of one at some time in the future.

Also, you should all go and make a lot of noise on "social networking" sites, or whatever you kids are into these days, about this competition; just get on your Facebook, Bebo, Twitter, MySpace, Pix.ie, Flickr, AdultFriendFinder, whatever, and inundate your unfortunate compatriots with nonsense about the competition. Viral, viral, viral, viral. There may even be some sort of prize for this, but do it either way, we'll decide later.

Also, you can take a photograph of it, or something.

who p1ssed in your weetabix this morning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

how do i enter...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭charybdis

101001 wrote: »
    how do i enter...

Further details will be announced at some point in the future, when I've actually thought about what I'm doing and "gauged interest".

Who knows, there may even be ways to enter the competition besides lawn work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

Woooooow

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Whilst I've only been tinkering around with lawn mowing for about a year now I would really love this opportunity to test my skills in an open competition. I'm glad that someone like yourself is taking some of the breaks away from over priced and precious proffessionals who frankly can't see the fun that such a chance gives us amatures.

I'm sharpening my Husqvarna as I type.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

This sounds really novel & exciting! A great idea, that I could happily devote many pleasurable hours to in the course of the summer months. And great prizes as well! I have a couple of questions though,

- So we use your lawn mower, or do we bring our own?
    - do we need to bring petrol, too?
    - And, will the the clippings be the property of the competitors or of Charybdis?
    - And, if we give our clippings to Charybdis, can he share them with all his friends? Can he even put them on the internet?

Ooooh this is getting hard, I've a headache now....
    -FoxT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Oi.

Do you think I've nothing else to be doing other than measuring the height of blades of grass and then get accused of all sorts of bias?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement