Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying for Internet connection when accessing via WiFi

Options
  • 05-05-2010 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭

How come Meteor are still charging me for accessing Internet via WiFi - I have my browser settings set to Wifi instead of Metoer WAP (Samsung Jet) - my little knowledge tells me i should not have to pay Meteor if I am not using their access - no??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

If you think about it, how can they charge you for WiFi?

Unless they own the WiFi router (which, I could say with some certainty, they don't), how are they to know how much data passes through the router?

I think your best bet is to get onto Meteor customer care.

There is also a Meteor rep floating around here somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

No you should definitly noy be charged

Happens to me sometimes at home so im changing to the free internet/txt offer, It also depends on the connection settings of different apps or services on your phone...

I usually have wifi connected to my phone at home but sometimes I also get charged for stuff, i have all the default settings on my apps that use the net for the home wifi network but sometimes it happens. Maybe it just loses the connection sometimes and uses to the metoer wap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

False Alarm - I still had Email set to WAP so while connected to Internet via WiFi, then clicked to download email it must have then set connection to Meteor WAP - I'm a buck poorer but lot wiser :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

It's catching me out for a few things sometimes, doesn't happen much but it really is down to the individual apps/service connection settings on the device itself

Advertisement