Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brown Thomas Voucher!!

• 05-05-2010 4:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I just recieved a lovely BT voucher for a few hundred euro! I want to buy some good make up as I never really spend much money on makeup! Rimmel does the job on a daily basis!
    Can anyone suggest a good eye palette or makeup I should get for myself as a treat? Or on what should I spend my voucher wisely?
    I'm usually a H&M, Zara, Awear type of shopper so anything I get in BT will be a treat!!

Thanks all!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

I recommend investing in a classic piece that you'll be able to wear for several seasons and to several different occasions, like a classic black tailored tuxedo jacket. You can make your day look more sophisticated by swapping the usual cardigan/hoodie for one of these and teaming with jeans, a tank/tshirt and ballet flats or wedges. You can also wear it over any evening outfit.

Brown Thomas have also recently started stocking Twenty8Twelve, Sienna Miller's clothing line. It's full of young, fresh designs and festival style, bohemian clothes with a difference. Here's a link to the current collection: http://www.twenty8twelve.com/collection/ss10_1/

If you've really your heart set on makeup, I'd highly recommend Laura Mercier for foundation and skincare. Comparable with Prescriptives who did the custom blend foundation but are unfortunately closing down now. For eyeshadow palettes, NARS and MAC have the best variety of colours available with high pigmentation. MAC palettes are available with 4 or 15 spaces. A four should do you. Get a nude/cream coloured base you use with day or evening looks, a shimmery medium brown you can also use anytime (Bronze is a good shade) and maybe a dark grey or black (Carbon) and a purple (Sig I) for night time looks. Having said that, www.coastalscents.com do pre-made eye palettes that have the same pigmentation and variety of colours as MAC do and are hugely cheaper. They come in natural, shimmer, matte, etc, and they also do blush and concealer palettes. They've lovely beginners brush sets as well.

Don't forget you can spend your voucher in BT2 as well, which stock younger, slightly cheaper labels than Brown Thomas. Think All Saints, Juicy Couture, Lipsy, True Religion, Guess, Kurt Geiger, UGG, etc. You could also consider using your voucher to get a pair of classic, black, Jackie O type sunglasses. Dolce & Gabbana have lovely styles in at the moment are prices start at about €180.

Happy shopping!

Advertisement