Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Desire signal problems

• 05-05-2010 5:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else, especially those on O2, had problems with the Desire and signal strength? I got mine on Sunday last, moving from an iPhone and while the signal was never that powerful on the iPhones I've used, it's far worse on the Desire. I'm not having a problem moving from EDGE to 3G, I have seen the phone pick up both, it's more the signal bars are the problem. It rarely gets to 3 bars, let alone 4.
    It's not just the mobile signal, my home and work wifi signals are also weaker than they were on the iPhone and this morning bluetooth wouldn't start on the device until I rebooted it.
    I've done a google search for similar issues and there are a handful of reports complaining about the same issues I'm having so I assume I have a dodgy handset unless anyone else has seen this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

No, haven't noticed. I've not paid too much attention to the signal bars but haven't noticed any drops in service (on O2). iPhone used to drop connection occasionally though.

There have been a few annoying occasions where I'd loose the data connection and have a hard time reconnecting to it but I suspect JuiceDefender app, which automatically switches off APN when not in active use, is at least partially to blame. Haven't had that issue since disabling juice defender, and it never effected voice calls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Goodshape wrote: »
    There have been a few annoying occasions where I'd loose the data connection and have a hard time reconnecting to it but I suspect JuiceDefender app, which automatically switches off APN when not in active use, is at least partially to blame. Haven't had that issue since disabling juice defender, and it never effected voice calls.

I have similar issues I think with Juice defender although I can't put my finger quite on it but it seems to revert to the roaming 2g network (on Three) quitre often when in Wifi range and won't automatically go back to normal 3G when I'd expect it to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Yeah I have noticed poor signal strength but as far as i am aware people have no problem contacting me and reception is good.

Advertisement