Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shampoo & Conditioner that doesn't contain silicone

• 05-05-2010 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Can anyone recommend a shampoo & conditioner that doesn't contain silicone?
    I have my hair dyed vibrant fiery red so am looking for something decent that won't strip the colour or cause build up.

If it was deeply moisterising and not too expensive that'd be a sweet bonus!!

Cheers,

PS I've started using Alfaparf Cristtali Serum as recommended on here and it's absolutely briilaint stuff. Anybody looking to add shine and smoothness to their hair should treat themselves to this stuff. It's amazing! (15 quid though...ouch!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Boots have the Naked range which is sulfate- and silicone- free. They sometimes have 3 for 2 offers on it and I think the range includes those hair treatment type products as well as the usual shampoo/conditioners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Most shampoos dont contain Silicone, the worst offenders are "Pantene" though.

Silicone can block the pores and cause hair loss though!:eek: I learned that the hard way :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Most shampoos dont contain Silicone, the worst offenders are "Pantene" though.

Silicone can block the pores and cause hair loss though!:eek: I learned that the hard way :(

On the contrary, most shampoos you find in the supermarket or chemist DO contain silicone.

OP - some of the Aussie range is ok (I use Miracle Moist), Alberto Balsam (which is only €1.50 a bottle in Dunnes and it's really good!), some Kiehls, and all of Lush's range.

eth0_ wrote: »
    On the contrary, most shampoos you find in the supermarket or chemist DO contain silicone.

People assume that just because a supermarket or chemist is selling these shampoos and whatnot that they are ok for your hair. Silicone is one of the worst things they can have in them.

I love Wellas Lifetex range - not just because I sell it but because it suits my hair. Alot of shampoo doesnt suit my hair because its fine, greasy at the roots, limp and fly-away!

OP whatever you decide to use make sure its has colour protection in it - you could try Revlon colour bomb too - its a conditioner colour! You put it in for three minutes and rinse. It just brightens up the colour :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I wonder why some people never have an issue with using silicone shampoo? A friend of mine has used Pantene for about ten years and her hair is gorgeous, glossy and thick. Yet when I use it (my hair is quite fine) I shed hair like crazy and my roots get greasy after a day!

• Advertisement

eth0_ wrote: »
    I wonder why some people never have an issue with using silicone shampoo? A friend of mine has used Pantene for about ten years and her hair is gorgeous, glossy and thick. Yet when I use it (my hair is quite fine) I shed hair like crazy and my roots get greasy after a day!

Different people different hair - Id be like you if I used Pantene - I have alopecia anyway so have to be so careful in what I put near my head.

My cousin swears by it but her mother cant stand it - they have the very same hair type. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

I started using Herbal Essences Ignite My Colour and finding it brilliant and it's 2 for 1 in Boots at the moment :D

Not sure if it contains silicone though :confused:

Edited to say I checked the back of the bottle and no mention of silicone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

you could try indola repair if you're hair has heavy dye. i use it on my highlighted hair and i find it really great, about 10 each for shampoo and conditioner but lasts a good while and leaves my hair much softer than its ever been. its hard to find though

Advertisement