Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best B&M shop to buy a motherboard in

Options
  • 05-05-2010 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭

Hey

I need to get a 1156 Motherboard tomorrow in a Bricks & Mortar shop or order it online now only if it is guaranteed next day delivery on Thursday. Bit late now I am guessing.

I am in South Dublin. Tried PC World in Carrickmines and they had 2 Intel in stock. Neither of which were a 1156.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Peats have a decent maximus matx 3 board for €200. Have it in stock in Parnell street. I was going to get it but decided to get another 1366 instead. Despite it being an m-atx board it is a brilliant overclocker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

deceit wrote: »
    Peats have a decent maximus matx 3 board for €200. Have it in stock in Parnell street. I was going to get it but decided to get another 1366 instead. Despite it being an m-atx board it is a brilliant overclocker.

+1 to Peats, they have a good selection and excellent customer service :D

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Wats_in_a_name

Would Peats have lower range motherboards too? What are their prices like? Heard there overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

ye they have this mobo too and not a bad price for a walk in store http://www.peats.com/cgi-bin/catalog.cgi?view_product=1&id=26848&sid=14&cid=122&scid=504

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Would Peats have lower range motherboards too? What are their prices like? Heard there overpriced.

Yeah they do have some lower end stuff, like Massy pointed out above. They are a little bit more than an online store but nothing too bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Not exactly a b&m store but don't forget adverts.ie, you may pick up a handy bargain there?

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Wats_in_a_name

I think I'll pop over to peats this afternoon in Rathmines. Does anyone know if there is car parking nearbye. Perferably a car park as I am a learner and parralel parking on a main street is something I would like to avoid!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Try the Tescos car park across the road. Also the peats in Rathmines is fairly small so I don't know if they'll have what your looking for? Maybe ring ahead or just go to the one on Parnell street

Advertisement