Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Current Account with PTSB

Options
  • 05-05-2010 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hi Im a dreaded Halifax customer so Have to get a new account.
    Everyone said PTSB as they also were fee free or so I thought. So I went in opened a normal current account(not switch which I wasnt aware of) and a regular saver account. I was told during the course that their would be a 12 euro charge per quarter. I thought nothing of it at the time as I though it was a new thing.
    My mother went in a few days later was talking to the woman about Halifax to which she replied you can get fee free only if it's a switch account. So she got 3 months statements and POW she is fee free.
    I sent an email to them querying it and got a quite snooty response about my 'complaint' saying not all customers are fee free and even if i did get a switch account i would still have to pay the 12e.
    So basically does anyone know what this 12e is for?like for the amount of times I would use an atm would prob be 50 or 60 times a quarter so I dont know?

Advertisement