Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Current Account out there?

Options
  • 05-05-2010 6:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

The best I got was 12e fees a quarter from PTSB....is that the best Im going to get?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

Not by a long shot. Ulster Bank is free banking, AIB & BOI has free banking subject to certain conditions, (minimum balance or min number of paperless transactions). PTSB themselves have a free banking on their switch account if you score high enough, though I'm not sure what criteria they use to determine the score.

Have a look at the ityourmoney.ie comparison to see what else is out there - http://www.itsyourmoney.ie/cs_tab_personal_current_account.htm.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭matt70iu

Aib aren't bad. With their high interest current account, you only need to lode 1500 a month, use your laser and pay a bill online. They always send you a fee statement which is credited back to you once you meet this criteria.

Saved 40e in fees last quarter ie: paid nothing:)

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭havana

Nib easy current account is free with none of the restrictions that some have. If I remember correctly you just need to not overdraw without authorisation. And I think their online banking is really good. Some good features too like text messages you can set up to let you know things like when large amounts are debited or credited or when your balance goes below a certain level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

I'd say with the banks the way they are the days of free banking a forgotten thing. If a bank is still offering this on a new a/c then its only a matter of time before fees are re-introduced.

Advertisement