Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC Sync?

• 05-05-2010 6:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭

Probably a stupid question but is there any practical use to this program besides the application installer? I installed and synced my HTC desire with my PC, at the end it just 158 contacts synced. Great so where do I see these contacts that I've synced?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Haven't used myself yet so can't help you on the contacts but I think you need HTC Sync for transferring music

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Well when you plug your android device in to your pc you get the option to mount the phone as a disk drive so then you can transfer files. I don't think HTC sync is related to this function?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭kesey

Probably a stupid question but is there any practical use to this program besides the application installer? I installed and synced my HTC desire with my PC, at the end it just 158 contacts synced. Great so where do I see these contacts that I've synced?

On my HTC Desire the contacts I transferred from Outlook turned up under "People". You can also see them when you select "Phone"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

It synced all my calendar and outlook appointments. also the drivers allow transparent internet tethering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Oh so its for use with Outlook basically?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I've seen people having a few issues with the initial syncing of contact from old phones to Google/ Outlook and their new Android phones, so in anticpation of gettingmy new toy what should I be doing. I have my current contacts and calendar on the phone synced with Outlook, and Outlook syncs the calendar with Google Calendar. I do not have the contacts syced from Outlook to GMail though and Gmail just has email details mostly and nothing else.

What should I be sorting before hand, and what would the new Android phone then sync itself to?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Keith186 wrote: »
    Haven't used myself yet so can't help you on the contacts but I think you need HTC Sync for transferring music

Our you can use doubleTwist to sync your iTunes music, playlists, podcasts etc.

You can also use sync to theather you laptop to your phone and share your internet connection.

Go team!

Advertisement