Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psychology for the Leaving

Options
  • 05-05-2010 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

Got my letter from CAO yesterday and something intrigued me. I was looking at all the Leaving Cert subjects and seen that psychology was there. I've never even heard of that being a subject. Anyone know anything about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

Are you sure in wasn't in the list of course changes ?

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

Wait I just checked ... never heard of it either! weird

Maybe it's something to do with FETAC? I should have thought more before replying hahaha oops! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

Really?can you do it for the LC?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Yeah saw that too. There is no exam paper/marking scheme for psychology on examinations.ie. Maybe its down on the CAO letter because its a subject that will be on the LC Course in the future? Isn't there a politics subject beginning 2011/2012?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Conor108 wrote: »
    Yeah saw that too. There is no exam paper/marking scheme for psychology on examinations.ie. Maybe its down on the CAO letter because its a subject that will be on the LC Course in the future? Isn't there a politics subject beginning 2011/2012?

according to this >>>> http://www.ncca.ie/en/Curriculum_and_Assessment/Post-Primary_Education/Senior_Cycle/Senior_Cycle_Developments/Curriculum_Developments_at_Senior_Cycle/Curriculum_Development_at_Senior_Cycle.html

there are plans to introduce short courses in psychology and enterprise. I presume they will be worth half the points of a normal course?

They also seem to be planning to make PE an examination subject though that may not come to fruition for 10 years

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

I always thought that that was for British applicants applying with A-Level psychology as one of their subjects.

I could be wrong though.

And it'd be cool if they introduced it as a LC subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Yeah I assume all those extra things are A-Level Subjects

Advertisement