Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chain Gang CC Sportives 2010

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

Heh, relax ya grumpy git !

Whats it like being a Kerryman in Cork today ? ;)

Murph we are talking about the way back not the pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

Murph100 wrote: »
    Heh, relax ya grumpy git !

Whats it like being a Kerryman in Cork today ? ;)

Ahh Murph did something happen. I only remember the lack of covrage of Roche and his great tour.

As for the climb i will never be known to be a climber in fact i prefer short sharp climbs ones.

Next week will be fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Hi all, just back in front of a computer now with time to touch base.

The Club would like to say thanks and a massive well done to everyone who came down to Tralee to take part in Saturdays cycles.

Riders faced some testing routes made even more so by a really unexpected headwind out the Dingle peninsula and we were completely blown away by the level of support for the event in the numbers that came and the distances some travelled to do so. Really amazing, so thank you once again - it's one thing to put the planning and organising together to make an event but it's nothing without participants to enjoy it and it was great having you with us.

We also have to express our gratitude to those that gave their time to help with the marshalling effort on foot, on motorcycle and in car, the manning of the food and water stations, provided medical and motor support - without their efforts the event wouldn't have been half the success that feedback so far suggests and we hugely appreciate everything they did for the club, riders and event.

I spent the day providing mechanical support whilst acting as Broom 3 (serving the Conor Pass Challenge route). It was my first time seeing things from the support point of view and it was a definitely a different day to the norm but a really rewarding one when you hear reviews like those on this thread and the kind words recieved from riders after the route and since then.

My role for the day involved getting those that punctured up and going as rapidly as possible for the most part (with one unlucky rider needing assistance just before the depart!) but there was some unexpected bits that saw me removing cranks by the roadside to extricate a chain lodged (read as welded) around the inside of the bottom bracket and refitting it, straightening out of true wheels and attempting to fix lacerated tyres. In between going up the road up to assist those in need and back to sweep I got to snap a few pics of riders - sorry to the speed demons at the front but they're all from the mid/tail end of the group but maybe there'll be someone there people know - I'll upload them as soon as I can.

Once again thanks to everyone who came over to Tralee to take part, to everyone who contributed their time to seeing the event run and to everyone who's posted such kind words.

We're always interested in trying to improve and build on things for next year so any suggestions, observations or criticisms* anyone has feel free to post them here or drop an email to sportives 'at' the chaingang.cc and we'll see if we cant take things on board to make the 2011 Chain Gang Sportives even better.

Both the Club and I personnally are very proud that you enjoyed your day in the saddle with us and I look forward to seeing you in Tralee next September 17th! :D

*We're still trying to figure what went wrong with the showers - they were supposed to be nice and scorchio, if I had an inkling they'd have been otherwise we'd have figured something out to see things right

Advertisement