Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comparative Q- GVV or CC?

Options
  • 05-05-2010 7:16pm

Hello all! Ok, so my favourite modes for comparison are Literary Genre and then Cultural Context. For some reason I find General Vision the most difficult of the 3 because I find it much easier to go off topic with it. Because Cultural Context was on last year, my teacher is only having us revise Literary Genre and General Vision. However I'm not sure if I'd be confident answering a General Vision question if Literary Genre doesn't come up.

So, my question is should I just go with what my class is doing and ignore Cultural Context? Or should I learn LG & CC on my own? I don't think I have time to learn 3. I know that modes often appear two years in a row, is it likely that CC will pop up again?

Thanks for your input.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

We're only doing LG and CC. I HATE LG would be thrilled if CC came up but I realise its unlikely :rolleyes: ah well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Because Cultural Context was on last year, my teacher is only having us revise Literary Genre and General Vision.

So, my question is should I just go with what my class is doing and ignore Cultural Context?

In a word- yes. Just because you prefer CC, that doesn't mean it will come up. Your teacher is covering the most likely options. Work on NOT going off the point on GVVP, stick to the headings your teacher has given you.

Advertisement