Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebirth is back for the iPhone

• 05-05-2010 7:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭

ReBirth is back! Propellerhead Software's legendary Techno Composer has been resurrected and made available for the iPhone.

Now you can have 2 Roland TB-303's , TR-808 and a 909 in your hand !

Loved playing with this when it first came out, trying to sound like Richie Hawtin lol

Going to be hard to change all those filter pots etc lots of zooming !...would be great on the iPad !

http://rebirthapp.com/

iphone-rebirth.png

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Wow that's some app for only €5.49 - this will really come into it's own on the iPad I think. I predict music production apps will be a big thing in the iPad especially DAW controllers. If I could only program apps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭ICN

eamon234 wrote: »
    Wow that's some app for only €5.49 - this will really come into it's own on the iPad I think. I predict music production apps will be a big thing in the iPad especially DAW controllers.

Do you think? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

guess its cheap for a 303 emanulation.

cant say its going to get me excited but thats coz i have ABL which cover my 303 needs but if you dont have one its a bargain alright.

ive also got too many 808,909 drum samples(if you have these theres no need for the software versions i dont think)

wondering do all these apps sync to midi from your daw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

I think i've already seen DAW controllers that work through wireless for these devices :)

Neurojazz wrote: »
    I think i've already seen DAW controllers that work through wireless for these devices :)

something like this i imagine
    http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/MidAir.html

the prospect of touch screen controllers for production doesnt excite me to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭ICN

seannash wrote: »
    something like this i imagine
    http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/MidAir.html

the prospect of touch screen controllers for production doesnt excite me to be honest

I dont know how durable the screens are.. but if they get as dirty as the screen on my phone, then they might just get scratched as well.

Its the future.. you cant resist change, but I think its a bit odd touching your computer screen (as in Windows 7) and making it all grubby. I cant see most people cleaning them.

Imagine all the internet cafes with C***'s eating "Crips" & touching the screen. Nice!

ICN wrote: »
    I dont know how durable the screens are.. but if they get as dirty as the screen on my phone, then they might just get scratched as well.

Its the future.. you cant resist change, but I think its a bit odd touching your computer screen (as in Windows 7) and making it all grubby. I cant see most people cleaning them.

Imagine all the internet cafes with C***'s eating "Crips" & touching the screen. Nice!

i agree its the future but not for music production,maybe the future for fannying about.:D

if it gives us good synths in the form of apps for cheap(how are they so cheap by the way when a regular softsynth would retail at alot more)then im all for it.

wonder if they sound good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

i remember actually playing around with rebirth when it came out. i was like 14 or 15 at the time. Lots of fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

REBIRTH itself for PC/MAC is free. Free as in properly free, Propellerheads released it as such a year or two ago.

http://www.rebirthmuseum.com/

Why?

Because the software was released in 1997 when virtual analog synthesisers were in their infancy. There's a bit of an emperors new clothes thing going on here because I actually used it for the first time there a couple years back and was struck by what a poor emulation it was.

You want a proper representation of a 303/808/909? These are the absolute ****. Hawtin and ilk now use them instead of the real devices live (nonwithstanding that Hawting and his ilk have sold themselves out to NI)

Advertisement