Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bus do I get and where will I get it from?

Options
  • 05-05-2010 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm working in Bessboro road, of Skehard road from Monday. While I'm looking for a place to live, I'm going to stay in a hostel in town. What bus can I get from the city centre to Skehard road. And where do I get it from?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

The Number 2.

You get it on Parnell Place next to the main bus station. Right infront of Mahers outdoor center.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

the number 10 goes out skehard road aswell,

it leaves from grand parade,

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

10 is from the South Mall, every hour. Number 2 is every 15/20 mins, wasn't ever too packed when I was getting it in the morning. Timetable is on here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭PrinceMax

Thanks. Any advice on what landmarks to be looking out for on the Skehard road? I mean, I'll tell the driver to let me know, but I remember the first time I arrived in Dublin, and the bus driver would always forget to tell me when it was my stop.
    How long does the journey take?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

PrinceMax wrote: »
    Thanks. Any advice on what landmarks to be looking out for on the Skehard road? I mean, I'll tell the driver to let me know, but I remember the first time I arrived in Dublin, and the bus driver would always forget to tell me when it was my stop.
    How long does the journey take?

Think it took me about 20-25 mins at most - number 2 is the one you should be getting and from what I can see on the maps, just before you turn left, you can see a supervalu right in front of you, next stop should be yours iirc - ask the bus driver and because it normally isn't packed, he should know and tell you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Does anyone know if you get the number 19 from Douglas village will it drop you near Bessboro road?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

PrinceMax

Have a look here:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cork-City-Bus-Routes/251971624011

and check in the links for the No.19

Advertisement