Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patsy Brogan planning to run in By-election.!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

If he gets elected, there will be some party in the shebeen. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

there were too many candidates that ran in the last by-election, as a result one of the favorites lost a lot of votes and didn't get elected, resulting in the main players retaining their seats, you'll find there is method to this madness. The bigger divide of the vote, the better chance there is of things staying as they are :-|

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Goldenquick

Omg, can't believe this is serious, it's just as bad as that damn turkey being in the Eurovision. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Pot Noodle =

How do i get to the Bog Hotel from Donegal Town

• Registered Users Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

there were too many candidates that ran in the last by-election, as a result one of the favorites lost a lot of votes and didn't get elected, resulting in the main players retaining their seats, you'll find there is method to this madness. The bigger divide of the vote, the better chance there is of things staying as they are :-|

same in the local elections in the donegal town ward, all the factions split the vote so much none of them got elected, and the one claiming the people got what they deserved by not transferring to other town candidates will never get my vote again.
    i knew exactly what i was doing not transferring my vote to any of the "independants" (but really FF)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

same in the local elections in th edonegal town ward, all the factions split the vote so much none of them got elected, and the on claiming the people got what they deserved by not transferring to other town candidates will never get my vote again.
    i knew exactley what i was doing not transferring my vote to any of teh "independants" (but really FF)

this is exactly what I was referring to ednwireland, I'm from that area and everyone was talking about this after the elections.... just wonder is the bog hotel owner nomination a similar stunt to divide the vote?

this is exactly what I was referring to ednwireland, I'm from that area and everyone was talking about this after the elections.... just wonder is the bog hotel owner nomination a similar stunt to divide the vote?

probably,:rolleyes: anything to stop pearse doherty getting in

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Pot Noodle =

Pot wrote:

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Pot wrote:

follow the crowd leaving the abbey at 2am

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Pot wrote:
    By road :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

muffler wrote: »
    By road :)

where we're goin we dont need "roads" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

Check out his facebook page.... he's got LOADS of support already.. eeeeeek!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

aoife2k wrote: »

Never under estimate the power of drunken morons.

aoife2k wrote: »

can have as much support as he likes, there wont be a by-election we will have to wait until the next general election

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Well call me an Edjit if ya's like but, seriously could he do a worse job than anyone currently voted in is doing at the minute? ya never know imagine the election party if he did get voted in id nearly vote for him for that reason alone :p, that and spite.....

Did Jackie Healy-Rae not enter politics in a similar manner - as in opposing the sitting TDs who he considered were doing nothing. Because he was a bit of a character people voted for him to show their opposition also and the rest as the say is history.

Im open to correction on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭johnjoe 123

patsy brogan for taoiseach

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Bersouth

Did Jackie Healy-Rae not enter politics in a similar manner - as in opposing the sitting TDs who he considered were doing nothing. Because he was a bit of a character people voted for him to show their opposition also and the rest as the say is history.

Im open to correction on that.

Jackie Healy Rae was elected and returned in two more elections by the people of South Kerry, based purley onhis record of service to these people...

Bersouth wrote: »
    Jackie Healy Rae was elected and returned in two more elections by the people of South Kerry, based purley onhis record of service to these people...
    Im aware of that but I was referring to his first election campaign as may well be the case with Mr Brogan

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Bersouth

Im aware of that but I was referring to his first election campaign as may well be the case with Mr Brogan

I agree Jackie Healy Rae first election was a bit of the "Hard done" story but fair play to him he took his chance and the rest is history..

• Advertisement
Advertisement