Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Subway in town

• 05-05-2010 8:06pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So it looks like we have a new Subway opened across the road there from Escape. Assumed it would have late night opening but it was closed yesterday evening anyway, and open this afternoon.

Any ideas what they are planning on doing in terms of opening? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Subway are horrible though,

Why can't we get a really really nice place in centre of town.

Be nice to Angelo down there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

From subway.ie:

50 John Street
    Waterford
    Co. Waterford

Opening Hours:
    Monday 9am – 8pm
    Tuesday 9am – 8pm
    Wednesday 9am – 8pm
    Thursday 9am – 8pm
    Friday 10am – 4am
    Saturday 10am – 4am
    Sunday 11am – 10pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Subway is good!!!!

it was real good on saturday to soak up the nights drink!!!!!
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

God help whoever'll be working in there on a Saturday night. Subways are popular enough as it is, but in that location at that time the place will be insane.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Well, Subway was open a half hour ago so not sure if those hours are correct :S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Clano

i had one bout half 2 sunday night!!! some job!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I dunno if subway sounds good after a nights drinking. Chicken burgers do.. I dunno about subways!? I guess ill have to find out :rolleyes:

Subway is nice though. I'm after having 2 so far from the new one and they have been pretty tasty.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭hellfireie

i love subway, eat fresh ... lol

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

Saw it open at 2am last night when I was leaving town in a Taxi. Wish I had noticed it first before I got into the Taxi:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'd say opening hours will be all over the place for the first few weeks as they try cater for the late night demand.

Had a very nice foot long last Saturday and they were as particular about how they made it as they would have been on a quiet afternoon which was nice to see. I've never been in a Subway where they didn't look at me strangely for not wanting any sauce though!

• Advertisement

AdMMM wrote: »
    I've never been in a Subway where they didn't look at me strangely for not wanting any sauce though!

/looks strangely at AdMMM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I've never been in a Subway where they didn't look at me strangely for not wanting any sauce though!
    IM NOT ALONE!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

You mean you DON'T get barbeque sauce with your Italian BMT?! You freak :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

south western FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

I was in Subway a while back and a Subway 'Virgin' was behind me in the queue. The dirty looks he got was unreal. Well he did ask for a ham and cheese roll which brought the first strange look. Then when he was asked which type of bread he wants he looked perplexed like it was a trick question and answered 'white'. Cue second dirty look. After some convincing he went for the Hearty Italian if I remember. What size bread? "Wha? Em, large". Dirty look number 3.

When asked if he wanted his toasted, he looked disgusted and loudly exclaimed "No!". Dirty look number 4. When asked about what salad toppings he wanted he replied "nothing, just a bit of butter". Dirty look number 5 and a reminder that there is no butter. Sauce? "Red" he answered! (Got to love that!) Dirty look number 6.

Poor lad left not knowing what had just happened! I'd say he hasn't gone back since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Yeah, subway requires too much thinking for half 3 in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

dayshah wrote: »
    Yeah, subway requires too much thinking for half 3 in the morning.

Someone is bound to look for a chip and a burger alright!

ahhhh just had an italian bmt there twas amazing!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

So did I. We got a foot long between us but got nowhere near finishing it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

5 types of bread but no blaas!!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Serious Question ,

What is a foot long ,what is in it.
    PICK AND MIX

Never been to a Subway shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Serious Question ,

PICK AND MIX

better off keeping it that way :D

foot longs are rolls which are supposed to be a foot long,whatevers in it is what ya choose which is on the menu i guess.

pick and mix probably is ya pick different things which arent on the sandwich menu and make up your own .

then again could be wrong,dont go in there meself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,332 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    south western FTW

South west sauce for the most epic win!!!

i'd have that on my cereal if i could find it in the shops!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Serious Question ,

PICK AND MIX

There are four (or five) different type of soft breads. You can get a foot long or a 6" in those breads.

Then you select from a range of fillings - they all come with chesse or spicey cheese (you choose). They also have subs with meatballs in them. One sub example would be ham, turkey and cheese (or mix of chese).

Once done, you can get it toasted (the best) and then move onto selecting the next filling which is a range of salads and sauces (optional, of course).

You can then go for a meal deal which is a large drink, a cookie/muffin or crisps (all can be sold seperarely of course). The drinks are on "tap" but you can buy them in the fridge in bottles.

Then you sit back, chillax and have your sub in store or take out! :D

The new store is pretty small with the one in the town centre being bigger.

Advertisement