Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal band by the name of Cajun Paddy?

Options
  • 05-05-2010 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭

Does anyone else know of this band, I've heard a song that goes like 'Paddy Murphys farming up in county Donegal...', and another part is 'He wrote to Maggie Thatcher and she told him go to hell'...

I've been told the band is Cajun Paddy, but can't think a thing bout them on Google and I've been going mad looking for this song!

Does anyone recognise it and can they help shed some light on this?

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

i know 1 of the lads playin in the band, dunno if they play much anymore, can ask him when i see him might be a week or 2 tho. hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭d.anthony

That would be great mate thanks! Goin mad tryin to find that song!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Domscard

Someone selling this on Ebay - is that the song?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭d.anthony

Gonna give this a bump, cause I'm still looking for it!

Could anyone help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 MugenSi

They used to play around letterkenny years ago but havent heard or seen anyone of their posters for years now. I'm not sure if they were from letterkenny area or elsewhere though but i guess with the decline of the pub scene, a lot of small bands broke up and are no more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭mugbags

I remember this song, it's about him wanting to get his photo in the Farmer's Journal. Haven't heard it for years tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 thearticle

Did you manage to get a copy of it? I know the singer. Want me to ask him for a copy?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 thearticle

Finally tracked him down, but, alas, no joy... :(
    He said only a very small limited number released and he has none left!
    Sorry...

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭howdoyouknow

The band was Kickin Cajun Paddys Ass. They were a band from fintown some of the Magee family played in it and three of the younger Magees now have a band called Shades.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100002380528049

If you contacted them you may be able to get a copy as i think it was their father who started the band.

Advertisement