Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No new student cards in September

Options
  • 05-05-2010 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭

Suppose it's a good way for them to cut unnecessary costs, but I was really hoping for a new picture dammit

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Sure doesn't matter, nobody ever see's it. I had a big happy head on me cos knew before start of year it was gonna be last one ever.

Good to let new students know they only get one chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Have you not known about this since September?

No way mine's gonna last another year, and I take surprisingly good care of it :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Fad wrote: »
    Have you not known about this since September?

No way mine's gonna last another year, and I take surprisingly good care of it :confused:

Is it fading or falling apart? My UCD card is still grand but my Garda age card faded an awful lot over time. So much so that now my picture is just a white blur. Would be annoying for people if that happens student cards. Glad my student card is still in good shape. Though I still have my card from 1st year in 2004 at home and it has lasted the test of time!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

They only told me after they took my picture that it was for the whole course.
    I didn't realise he'd taken the photo, it looks like a serial killer's mug shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

I should have a fun time trying to keep mine in good order.....Its already in two halves but on the plus side it gets a laugh or two from the invigilators. :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Fúck!! The picture on my student card is totally ugly. Do I have to use the same one for four years? Damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

kateos2 wrote: »
    I didn't realise he'd taken the photo, it looks like a serial killer's mug shot.
    Pics taken in first year either make you look like the opposite gender, a criminal, a 12 year old or (on rare, special occasions) all of the above.

The pic on my student card was taken at the start of 4th year, it and my student travelcard pic look like different people.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

I've lost my student ID for the 4th time this year :) So annoyed, I've been using my passport for the exams so far and haven't had time to find it/get a new one yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

/checks student card

Pink shirt, popped collar.

Yep, mines a keeper

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

I need a new one in September anyway,the one I have this year has had it,nearly completely split in half,warped nd scratched to hell,because of those scanner thingys they have in the resiidences,they just aren't made to be used that much for that long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

My picture is hideous - praise be its my final year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

New student card is awesome! no expiry date on it! do you realise what that means for final years like me??? at minimum im going to be using it for discouts for like 4 more years...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

muboop1 wrote: »
    New student card is awesome! no expiry date on it! do you realise what that means for final years like me??? at minimum im going to be using it for discouts for like 4 more years...

Haven't some retailers resorted to not accepting the student cards for discounts for that very reason?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Yep!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,134 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Yup these new student cards are great. Previously a lot of places wouldn't accept student cards without an expiry date on them, when you were looking for student discounts. But since UCD is the biggest University in Ireland, they don't really have a choice.

Mine says postgraduate on it too, so I should be able to get away with using it for a long time. Gonna get me another student travel card next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Same here, gonna be milking this one for a while methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I knew this since the start of the year but because I hate my photo:
    VaderNOOOOO.gif

Advertisement