Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valuers report - Hazelwood Celbridge

Options
  • 05-05-2010 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Has anyone bought or made any offers on Hazelwood in Celbridge?...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mattysgolfing

Yeah,

I bought a 4 bed-Semi on the day of the showhouse opening. I paid 307,500 which was the asking price. I think the 3/4 Beds have increased by 5k each since day one and all the houses in the 1st phase sold within the first weekend.

I have had good experiences with the builder and am looking forward to moving in September-ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

2 new posters who have only posted about this estate. Do you really think were that stupid ?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Blatantly obvious alright

You trying to say that i am not genuine?

Well no way to prove it, I was just looking for information on my new estate upon which there is a lack of it. I searched google and came across this forum so i joined to post my opinion and then i replied to the other obnoxious post about the houses being a bad quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

You trying to say that i am not genuine?

Well no way to prove it, I was just looking for information on my new estate upon which there is a lack of it. I searched google and came across this forum so i joined to post my opinion and then i replied to the other obnoxious post about the houses being a bad quality.

I'm saying it's very likely.

• Advertisement

Im obviously new to this lark but is this board sarcasm?

Don't know why i bothered trying to give some one some help to their question!

Well when i went down there the 3 beds where 260k and the 4 bed mid terrace where 275k. Now they are 265k and 280k and the 4 bed end was 292,500 now 295k. Not sure on the semi's as there are so few. Well the showhouses were full to the brim and before the showhouses officially opened they had sold 3 houses that morning. They opened at 11 and i had my deposit at 10.55 as i knew they would sell like hot cakes. All the houses sold in two weekends, so they can afford to increase the prices on the next phase as they won't be available till next year and i am sure they will happily sell them slower but at better profit and then could decrese down nearer the time if sales are slow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭MRBEAVER

So you bought off plans at full asking for a development that sold out first phase in a weekend and the houses are now increasing in value. Thanks for telling us so we can snap up the "last few remaining" on Phase 2 before they go up in price again.

How stupid do you think we are?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

i'm thinking of buying 9 4 bed semi d's and 7 3-bed semi's for 789,000 euro each with a washing machine thrown in although just the one machine for all houses mind - but still it's great value and there's no i'd change my mind ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭MRBEAVER

According to irishpropertywatch the 3beds have been reduced from 277k on 20th March to 265k today. So you have been caught out in a blatent lie about your hot cakes

• Advertisement

Unbelievable the amount of sarcasm directed at me for trying to use this site. I am a newbie obviously as the decription attached to my name suggests. If i was a developer who by the way has sold all the houses in the first phase why would i be here i'd be busy building them!

everyone is so sinicale when it comes to a success story, and i got lucky to buy in an estate that aint gunna be on rte ghost towns any time soon.

http://www.realestatealliance.ie/top/news-press/successful-opening-launch-at-hazelwood-celbridge-co.kildare-17-reservations/

well this proves that the estate has been a success.

What am i meant to do build up a million posts before i send a post on the housing section before people call you a developer?

Well i spend 12 months using that website whilst I was looking at buying a second hand home, it is a really great website but it is hardly the most accurate website ever made. They often get the prices wrong, i have the original sheet at home with the prices, so i know i am right, The show houses became available mid march so maybe irish property watches got it wrong in the 1st place, the 3 beds were from 260. They were never 277k

For those who aren't here to argue and try to little others,

Anyone else bought on the site?

What did you get and any ideas for the flooring and fireplace?

Anyone know a better estimate on move in dates?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 faffermuldoon

Yeah,

I bought a 4 bed-Semi on the day of the showhouse opening. I paid 307,500 which was the asking price. I think the 3/4 Beds have increased by 5k each since day one and all the houses in the 1st phase sold within the first weekend.

I have had good experiences with the builder and am looking forward to moving in September-ish.
    Thanks for your reply, sorry about all the abuse you got!.
    I also bought a 4 bed semi in the 1st phase and according to the Irish Independent property page in April prices have increased by 5k for certain houses in the estate. All the people we spoke to the day we viewed were very impressed with the size and finish of these houses.
    We hope to be in by September /October but we haven't received a definite date as we haven't signed contracts yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 faffermuldoon

Sorry for actually having anything to do with this site, did not except such a bunch of sad bitter losers to be replying.. Why are you so interested in this estate anyway, seriously sad people to be posting threads on houses that have nothing to do with you :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Wow... you paid 307k for a 4 bed semi in Celbridge... Dare I ask what planet are you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

Modern Dublin semi-d's:

> No - or nominal - front gardens
    > Small, often overlooked, back gardens
    > Built over 3 floors to cut down on house's footprint so maximising units squeezed in per sq.ft
    > 3-floor, narrow houses are entirely unsuitable for young children
    > Narrow, confined living rooms

No thanks.

Ed: I say "semi-d"....in reality, many of these are actually terraces.

Well a 4bed in semi for 307k is only a bad price if people arn't prepared to pay for it. They all sold so obviously the economics behind the supply and demand win out. I am a happy camper with a 3 story house, the 2 stories are about 1250sqft with the master on the 3rd being 300sqft so that is a great size. Plus im a first time buyer so have no kids to worry about yet!!

Your right there are a good few terraced but i got a semi so doesn't affect me,

Anyways can people who arn't actually buying or thinking of buying a house in the estate not be so rude and sinicle. I didn't join boards to be having arguments with people who have nothing better to be doing.

To faffermuldoon, For interest is your garden south facing or north facing?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Guys- if you suspect something amiss with a post- use the 'report post' function. It is not up to individual posters to start a vendetta on thread against a poster- and we take a very dim view of this type of behaviour.

OP- your thread title about a valuers report bares no relationship to your subsequent posts, and therefore I am closing this thread.

Regards,

SMcCarrick

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement