Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change your ISP's allocated static ip?

• 05-05-2010 9:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I think I have a static ip with UTV Internet. Can I request that they change this? I assume I cannot do it myself. Have been banned from a great site and cannot get back on. Proxies are NOT an option :(

Cheers,
    ~livEwirE~

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Unless you've paid specifically for it, you won't have a static IP. Your IP will change when you reboot your modem.

If you've been banned from a site, then you're not going to get any help here on how to get around that. It's likely to be something other than IP that they've banned you on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Could try restarting your router?
    I know for sites like Megavideo where you can only watch 62 minutes (you have to wait ~1 hr to continue watching videos), if you reset your router it resets the site and you can continue watching straight away.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Unless your paying 5e for your static IP you have a dynamic one, if they've banned you its likely for a valid reason in-line with site rules...tbh boards.ie isn't here to allow you to get around another sites rules

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Cheers for the feedback all :D

Advertisement