Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valdoxan?

Options
  • 05-05-2010 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know anything about a drug called Valdoxan? I have been prescribed it by my psychiatrist as I haven't been getting a full nights sleep for about four months.
    It's a new drug, (it says on wikipedia that it's only been given marketing authorisation in the EU on 20 February 2009). However it is supposed to be more effective than SSRI's in treating GAD and to improve sleep quality, with no reported daytime drowsiness (I am on Cipramil at the moment).
    I wake very early, sometimes 3 or 4 am and don't get back to sleep. The worst part is that I don't just lie there and snooze, I star to tremble and twitch, I get muscle aches in my back, neck and legs, my face feels flushed, I start to worry and just generally feel very anxious.
    These are the classic signs of GAD (Generalized Anxiety Disorder). I also have that condition where I have to do certain things at a certain time (it's not OCD, I can't think of the name).
    I am hoping this new drug will help, I have had severe problems with anxiety before, I have had to take Rivotril to calm me down a few times it got so bad.
    I really need to get on top of this, I don't really believe in anti-depressants as a long term solution but I have a disorder and I am prepared to do anything that works to beat it.

Advertisement