Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jimmy White to Play exhibition in Ballina

• 05-05-2010 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Jimmy White is playing an exhibition in Ballina on the 6th July 2010.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Where? More info please! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭1daisy1

Hi ash23

On Tueday the 6th July in the Sports and Leisure Centre in Ballina
    Tickets for the exhibition are on sale from Ballina Snooker Club, there is also a VIP ticket (limited) for a meet and greet in Ballina Snooker Club prior to the exhibition and includes exhibition entry (better seats provided).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

Would that by any chance be in association with Connie O'Sullivan?

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

How much are tickets? Who is he playing against? Local players?

• Advertisement

VIP Tickets are €50 and include a meet and greet in Ballina Snooker Club with refreshments and entry to the exhibition in Ballina Sports and Leisure Centre.
    Exhibition (only)ticket €20. He will be playing against members of Ballina Snooker Club. You can contct Ballina Snooker Club for more details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 147bsc

Are there many tickets left.

All the VIP tickets are sold out but there are exhibition only tickets @ €20.
    Contact the Club as they have more details on 096 78920.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 147bsc

What a nite Sean Conway beat him in the first frame and the rest was all about the Man.
    Great nite with TV Smoke Lights Music and Snooker well put together.:):):):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,436 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I was at the exhibition. I thought it was well organised, good venue & some good players against jimmy.
    There were some aspects I didnt like. Jimmy would only sign his own merchandise after being told that people could get the entry ticket signed. They also charged I think €50 for cues that they gave sold for €10 at the end of the night. I would be very annoyed if Id paid €50 for a cue.
    Jimmy also seemed to just do the bare minimum, he was gone in the back at any opportunity, even when it was announced that Jimmy would pull a few winning raffle tickets, it didnt happen. He was gone in the back & his manager ended up doing it.
    This is how it appeared from the audience. Id be interested to know what jimmys attitude was from the organisers. Didnt appear great to me anyway.
    I been to a few exhibitions, always with 2 pros. Just the one pro takes from it a bit IMO.

• Advertisement
Advertisement