Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it time for Mancini to go?

• 05-05-2010 9:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry... couldn't resist.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Whether it is time or not, I can't see him being there next season.

Hopefully this gives Torres one less reason for going to City, not that I think he will anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

That_Guy wrote: »
    Is it time for Mancini's scarf to go?

Yes, it's fúcking May

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Gareth Barry Meh! why did you leave Villa again. Oh yeah money and Champions League football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Badabing wrote: »
    Gareth Barry Meh! why did you leave Villa again. Oh yeah money and Champions League football.

Well if he'd stayed at Villa he'd have gotten neither in all fairness (well, less money anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

I hope he stays so that we can continue to laugh at Man City next season :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

If sparky had to go mancini must go surley?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

5starpool wrote: »
    Hopefully this gives Torres one less reason for going to City, not that I think he will anyways.

He's going to the other blues, Chelsea...maybe..http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/05052010/58/premier-league-paper-round-torres-turn-blue.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

He might be gone by Sunday I'd say, it makes no odds to the owners if they finish 5th or 6th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

That_Guy wrote: »
    Sorry... couldn't resist.

the shieks are playind cards now, the cards contain

the special one

erm, the special one

carlo

mmmm

(insert top manager here)

the winning card will be drawn sometime they finish their 1982 vintage chardonnay le exquisite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Just got a text from Wastelands to say that Mancini wont be giving any interviews for 10mins whilst he puts the scarf up on ebay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I imagine Sparky might look something like this right now.

3089645953-15082009144704.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Sizzler wrote: »
    Just got a text from Wastelands to say that Mancini wont be giving any interviews for 10mins whilst he puts the scarf up on ebay.

There's already been a scarf up there for months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I hope he stays there for good and bring a few more players like Vieira in

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

F1ngers wrote: »

It's been a while since I took anything the Daily Fail says seriously.

img_taxi.jpg

Sizzler wrote: »

he lasted quite long in fairness.

lolz anyway at them shieks.

good riddance. they think they can buy their way to the top.

in 6 months we win league, sign x, y, z, new manager = xyz/2

result = title

if no result by januray, we sign 2x, 2y, 2z. second new manager =

ahhh **** it

5starpool wrote: »
    It's been a while since I took anything the Daily Fail says seriously.

In fairness,they usually get the date right each morning :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I think its time for the Hibernian manager to go after tonight!! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Deserves one more season. No manager deserves to be treated the way Hughes was, wouldn't even make sense, alot of the players will stay loyal to the manager, if he goes, it'll just further unsettle the club, it'll just start a retarded cycle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Lukker- wrote: »
    Deserves one more season. No manager deserves to be treated the way Hughes was, wouldn't even make sense, alot of the players will stay loyal to the manager, if he goes, it'll just further unsettle the club, it'll just start a retarded cycle.

As a Newcastle fan I know all too well what that can do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭SeanKev

No.

Trolls are out tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

that Sky Sports interviewer would not let 'Mancini's future' go.

3 or 4 questions straight.

i know it's what they're like; but it f*cking irritates me.

SlickRic wrote: »

Mancini, will NOT be at City next season

if he is I will have a gender change in Bkk.

lets get this put to bed.

* and start a new.. is it time for xyz to go thread

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

city dont deserve champ league football after the way they treated mark hughes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Mancini, will NOT be at City next season

if he is I will have a gender change in Bkk.

lets get this put to bed.

* and start a new.. is it time for xyz to go thread

after sacking Hughes, if they now sack Mancini this quick, those owners are more retarded than i could ever have dreamed they could have been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

SlickRic wrote: »

Me too, didnt Rafa snap back at one of them the other day after incessant questioning. Something to the effect of "can you finish the interview now please?"

This is the whole thing that has football royally ****ed up

rich inbred foreign owners... sacking and hiring and firing at will, they havent a clue

they have already fooked around with Man united.

Villas owners are the only ones keeping to themselves (that, or they are skint..:eek:)

If Chelsea didnt win the league, Carol would be sacked also

just sad times.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Me too, didnt Rafa snap back at one of them the other day after incessant questioning. Something to the effect of "can you finish the interview now please?"

Dont blame him either :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Hold on, hold on there is a fair amount of crap being slung about here.

The sacking of Hughes may have appeared distasteful, but it was the correct move to make. Is Mark Hughes a Title-Winning Calibre manager? No. City want to challenge for the title, so getting rid of him was the right move. Now whatever about the romanticised notions people may have of Hughes, or their disliking of the approach that the new owners have been thus-far taking with regard player acquisitions and so forth, but if you want success fast and have the money to burn then it is idiocy to keep a below-par manager in charge.

I suspect they'll let Mancini have another pop next year, then get rid of him unless City are challenging for the title by Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Hughes could well turn into a title winning manager, he is a young manager with limited experience, but was doing very well and had shown enough to believe he could develop into a top title winning manager. If the owners didn't want him, they should've packed him straight away, instead of stating how they would stick with him and back him cause they believed in his ability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Hughes was perceived to have failed so he went.

Mancini has actually failed so rightly or wrongly he should be afforded the same treatment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Neil3030 wrote: »
    I suspect they'll let Mancini have another pop next year, then get rid of him unless City are challenging for the title by Christmas.

I'd like this to happen. As changing managers midway through the season has a better chance in them not getting CL football next year which gives everyone else another years stay of execution.

Hopefully City turn into a Circus and so never actually get around to challenging properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

This is the whole thing that has football royally ****ed up

rich inbred foreign owners... sacking and hiring and firing at will, they havent a clue

they have already fooked around with Man united.

Villas owners are the only ones keeping to themselves (that, or they are skint..:eek:)

If Chelsea didnt win the league, Carol would be sacked also

just sad times.
    +1

Its a disgrace isn't it. The FA need a serious dose of cop on. In Germany, no more that 50% of a club can be owned by foreign hands. As a result the Bundesliga's finances are in a much healthier state than the Premier League's. It has also led to a more competitive title race, with Wolfsburg winning their first ever Bundesliga last season. Its the equivalent of Fulham or Villa winning the PL. But could you ever see that happening? Not as long as Chelsea, United and City are splashing around money like it grows on trees. Liverpool, West Ham, Portsmouth, not to mention United, are all in huge debt all because of greedy foreign business men who haven't the slightest idea how to run a club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

grenache wrote: »
    +1

Its a disgrace isn't it. The FA need a serious dose of cop on. In Germany, no more that 50% of a club can be owned by foreign hands. As a result the Bundesliga's finances are in a much healthier state than the Premier League's. It has also led to a more competitive title race, with Wolfsburg winning their first ever Bundesliga last season. Its the equivalent of Fulham or Villa winning the PL. But could you ever see that happening? Not as long as Chelsea, United and City are splashing around money like it grows on trees. Liverpool, West Ham, Portsmouth, not to mention United, are all in huge debt all because of greedy foreign business men who haven't the slightest idea how to run a club.

I hate United being thrown in with Chelsea and City. The majority of United's money for transfers is generated by sales and winning trophies, not by a rich sugardaddy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Man City confirm he's going nowhere.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I would expect he will be there until Christmas. If all is going well he will see out the year if not they will certainly give him the heave ho.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Man City confirm he's going nowhere.

looks like my gender bender will be forthcoming so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

No! Mancini has spent 7 million on Viera and Johnson.
    His record as manager at city is:
    GP W D L W%
    25 14 5 6 56

Mark Hughes as city manager spent 200m
    His record as manager was:

GP W D L W%
    77 36 15 26 46

Mancin has spent a fraction of the money and 10% more wins.

Give Mancini that money over two years.
    Next year 4th and a cup , year after the league or champions league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭CoalBucket

Giving a manager less than a year in the job is the mindset of a club like real madrid. Constantly changing manager is the recipe for disaster.

If they didnt see Mancini as a long term manager they should have just left Sparky in charge and appointed a long term manager at the end of the season.

I hope they leave him in place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

BOHtox wrote: »
    No! Mancini has spent 7 million on Viera and Johnson.
    His record as manager at city is:
    GP W D L W%
    25 14 5 6 56

Mark Hughes as city manager spent 200m
    His record as manager was:

GP W D L W%
    77 36 15 26 46

Mancin has spent a fraction of the money and 10% more wins.

Give Mancini that money over two years.
    Next year 4th and a cup , year after the league or champions league
    So you are now including Mark Hughes record with the team that did not have Tevez, Adebayor, Barry and Toure with Mancini having that squad and adding players in January?
    How unbiased of you.

I'll give you something very simple. When Mancini took the reigns at Man City they were 4 points behind Tottenham Hotspur with a game in hand. They are now 4 points behind them with no game in hand.

Is that a little unfair? Is it worse than what you just did?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Badabing wrote: »

He was offered a huge contract that will set him up financially for life. Of course he was right to take it. And it's not like he'd have done any better by going to Liverpool.

Advertisement