Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couch Potato to sprint tri

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭DustyBin

spareman wrote: »
    Losing my mojo a bit the last few days, the triathlon is starting to feel like a mountain, need to knuckle down this week and get some good sessions in.

Tergat talks about keeping the momentum going with your training. What he means (I reckon) is that you should do whatever training best helps you to keep it up. As in, it's better to do little often, than to absolutely kill yourself and then do nothing for a week or more.
    You're still feeling your way into this training stuff so keep it up, and don't feel any pressure to tack on an extra bit of distance, or increase the intensity beyond what you reckon you can recover from and still get out the next day or the day after and do another bit.
    Have you set yourself any interim goals between now and the tri?
    Maybe sign up for a short running race like 3k or 5k. Check out your local fit for life group, they're normally good for organising that kind of stuff. After you swimming comes on a bit you might consider tackling an aquathlon before the tri.
    I think a short race would crown you in another few weeks, cos it would be something a bit easier to aim for, but also it would give you the buzz of race day - a nice feeling:)

Check out the events sub-forum here, your local fit 4 life group, and some other websites like www.racepix.com, or www.runireland.com for race calendars

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭griffin100

Losing my mojo a bit the last few days, the triathlon is starting to feel like a mountain, need to knuckle down this week and get some good sessions in.

Remember, its a marathon not a sprint (no pun intended). You're going to have good and bad days and weeks. Remember the training plan is not the be all and end all of everything. As said above if your plan says you are due to do a run for example but would rather bike, then bike! The main thing is to keep active.

As the weeks go on and you start to see some progression you will get a great boost from this along with the urge to keep training.

Advertisement