Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what I did to my sub -1

• 05-05-2010 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭

got this 2nd hand a few months ago , couldnt take the finish .

so I got rid of it ;)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39841011@N00/sets/72157623875883153/

it aint perfect , but it looks and also sounds a lot better .

it just sanding selaer with a little oil on top.
    the neck is as it was when i took the paint off- its already finished so i just wire wooled it.

used paint stripper on the neck , and heat gun on the body
    took 3 hours in total - real easy to do to these babys.

anyone any good reccs for pickups ?

I want to use it for clean and crunchy with the odd bit of very heavy so it needs high quality and musical pickups .

not shredder pickups - but able to do heavy at a push , think acdc and the cult electic album heavy .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭funkydunkey

Lovely finish, fair play. thats a vast improvement!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Very nice but I think it would look 10 times better with a black pickguard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

oh im working on that ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Dord wrote: »
    Very nice but I think it would look 10 times better with a black pickguard.
    Or a see through one...

• Registered Users Posts: 11 tokaitelejohn

Very good job - looks 1000 times better than that textured finish EBMM used on the subs. I would just lash some Gibson pickups into her - like the ones they use in the SG standard. Hard to beat but to be on the safe side, check the string spacing as I think that the pole spacing at the bridge is 52 mm and 50 at the neck in an SG. Might be different on the EBMM. Mind you, aren't the pickups on the sub not DiMarzio's? They should be pretty hot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

Nice work. :)

+1 for the transparent pickguard.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Looks great. Dude, you've got small feet though!! :)

size nine - but a huge cock ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

DaDumTish wrote: »
    size nine - but a huge cock ;)

DaDumTish

;)LOL

• Advertisement

by the way - heres a tip if you want to maximise the resonance , low end and tone of a bolt on neck - sand off the lacquer on the neck where it bolts to the body

and sand off any paint or lacquer in the neck pocket.

once these two are bare wood - bolt them back together - and prepare to be amazed at the extra body in the sound you will get.

Advertisement