Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DV2011

• 05-05-2010 10:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭

Has anyone from here who entered DV2011 received notification letter yet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I didn't get a letter yet, don't expect to get one either. I think only a hundred odd Irish applicants every year get them....jesus that was a pessimistic post. Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭ak27

^^^lol, in fairness the chances of getting one are pretty slim, I haven't received one yet either. Fingers crossed though! I would imagine most winners will start receiving them within the next month though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Sure the results the lottery results arent online until July 1st...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

Yeah but winners letters are sent out around May or June.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

You'd think they'd stick the online ones up first so people are waiting for the post man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭phonypony

got mine today. And so the fun begins.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

The ones that were received today only mean that you are in the final 100,000 though. Still have interviews to go, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭phonypony

discus wrote: »
    The ones that were received today only mean that you are in the final 100,000 though. Still have interviews to go, no?

Yeah, the beginning of a loooooooong process...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

How long?!

Does this mean we basically have the green card, unless something goes wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭ak27

discus wrote: »
    How long?!

Does this mean we basically have the green card, unless something goes wrong?

The interviews for DV-2011 will begin in October this year and end in September 2011. If you meet all the requirements of the lottery, never overstayed in the US and have a clean criminal record you stand a pretty good chance of getting the green card with this process.

• Advertisement

No Letter for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭mememealways

No Letter for me :(
    Me neither :(
    Were all the letters sent out at the same time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭El Diablo 101

Randomly wondering, does the letter come by regular post, or is it a registered letter?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭thenobody

regular and postmarked from sweden and from Kentucky Consular Center

There's only so long I can sit on my hands for this. Anyone else feeling horribly antsy?

My family are getting sick of me calling every day from over here to see if anything came for me! It's horrible anticipation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭CFC007

Dam my bubble just burst :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭crapmanjoe

thenobody wrote: »
    regular and postmarked from sweden and from Kentucky Consular Center

If we haven't got a letter by this stage is it safe to assume we won't be getting one?

No, I read that they are sent out all the way to the end of July, just as they put the results online. However the case number would be pretty large by then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭alcon1984

lil_lisa wrote: »
    No, I read that they are sent out all the way to the end of July, just as they put the results online. However the case number would be pretty large by then.

Whats the deal with the case no. Say if a person got thier letter at the end of June with a high case no. compared to someone that got thier letter like last week with a low case no. Is there more of an advantage to the people with the lower number or is it just like a ref. number?

The lower the case number the more likely the chance of getting an interview.
    For Europe case numbers under 26000 should be ok. Above there is a good chance won't get called for the interview

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭crapmanjoe

How we looking on here now?

Anybody else get good news?

Ive pretty much given up any hope at this stage :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 pinkversey

Has anyone received notification letter!!! :rolleyes: My nails are gone from waiting. Worse than exam stress!!!

Read the threads here. There are some who have.

At this stage now it is too late. Should have gotten the letter by now so I guess try again in October.

Well, two more days and you can check your application status online here. Let's hope the post office screwed up a bunch ;)

I really hope so. I have checked a few other forums on-line to see if anyone else has had any luck but I don't see that many successful applicants. Maybe the Icelandic Ash messed up a load of letter!! Only two days more to wait so will still keep the fingers and toes crossed.

Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing for the 2011 Electronic Diversity Visa program.

Well, best get ready for next years lottery!

Checked this morning and the same as you. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Oh well, was hoping to be able to move over to herself in AZ if I got selected and had good interview.

Time to get on one knee Damo!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Haha well I have a holiday over in Az/Cali there on October, so what will do for now!

Advertisement