Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home cooked alternative to friday night takeaway

Options
  • 05-05-2010 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Due to health and monetary reasons:p I am thinking of skipping our weekly friday takeaway for a bit..It will be missed as it's something I really look forward to on a friday so I'm looking for ideas for a home cooked treat instead.

What do you like to cook that won't take all evening to cook, is relatively healthy but also feels like a treat aswell?

Thanks!

Dee

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Mary-Ellen

For an Indian
    Mushroom masala:
    You could always serve with chicken on the side with maybe some samosas or another indian side (bought or homemade)and Basmati rice
    I've made this one a few times:
    http://www.indianrelish.com/mushroom/mushroom-masala.html
    Quick, easy ingrediants and yum :D

What do you usually get in the takeaway?
    Might help get better sugestions

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

Friday night is homemade pizza night,always has been even in the times of loadsamoney.

I make the bases in a breadmaker fresh each Fri and once a month or so make up a big pan of sauce which is freezed in suitable weekly portions.

Accompanied by homemade spud or parsnip wedges,home made coleslaw and garlic bread. Roll on tomorrow;):D

Friday nights is usually a chicken and linguini carbonara and garlic ciabbatta or a red thai curry (shop bought red curry paste)

Ok, so not exactly healthy when you take into account the amount of cream/garlic butter/coconut milk that's used, but so yummy, nicer than most take aways and so quick to make.

Advertisement