Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ford 4000 top grille

• 05-05-2010 11:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭

Anyone on here well up on yer fords? what years had the ford force range the aluminium top grille ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭oflynno

i dont know the exact year but if the bonnet has vents on the side of it like a spitfire,then it takes the aluminium grille.if smooth it takes plastic.

the first one is known as a pre-force and the second a force.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭Ford4000

Not exactly true lad, the pre force tractors had the old type grille, the first o the force tractors came with a big oil filter same as the pre force but had a flat front bonnet andthe top part which is normally plastic was shiny aluminium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

Ford4000 wrote: »
    Not exactly true lad, the pre force tractors had the old type grille, the first o the force tractors came with a big oil filter same as the pre force but had a flat front bonnet andthe top part which is normally plastic was shiny aluminium

Interesting!

I have an early 4000 force (1968). It has the original engine (serials match up) and it has the big filter. It has the original non-spitfire bonnet, but the cowl and grille was replaced with a 600 series one at some point. I always assumed it should have the two piece plastic one, but you say the top part should be a preforce one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭oflynno

oh,i thought shiny aluminium was pre force only.i learnt something new today:D

maidhc wrote: »
    Interesting!

I have an early 4000 force (1968). It has the original engine (serials match up) and it has the big filter. It has the original non-spitfire bonnet, but the cowl and grille was replaced with a 600 series one at some point. I always assumed it should have the two piece plastic one, but you say the top part should be a preforce one?

Correct, the preforce had a bonnet similar to a 135 with a protruding top piece, look at the grilles for sale here and you will see what i mean, the preforce have there own setup both metal, then the force had either shiny alu or plastic
    http://www.agrilineproducts.com/partscatalogue/ford_4000.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

Correct, the preforce had a bonnet similar to a 135 with a protruding top piece, look at the grilles for sale here and you will see what i mean, the preforce have there own setup both metal, then the force had either shiny alu or plastic
    http://www.agrilineproducts.com/partscatalogue/ford_4000.html

I did up a few Ford 4600s (Safety cab and Q Cab) and a Ford 3600 (Fritzmeier) in the late 90's. Trying to get half those parts back then involved detective work and begging!

I'm now trying to gather the necessary bits for a Ford 550 digger, a Ford 4000 with a canvas Lambourne and a Ford 4600 with a Fritzmeier so nothing has changed. (I can't fathom "restorers" who just throw off a cab on a tractor that had one from new)....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Corkrally

Lads, do ye know where I might pick up a canvas back window for a fritzmeier cab? It's on a ford 3600

There is a lad in kerry advertising on donedeal who has all types of ford cabs for sale, alternatively george burton up north he's beside the maze prison,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Corkrally

Thanks for this ford 4000!

Advertisement