Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

built in bed

• 05-05-2010 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hi all,i am hoping someone can help me.i am looking for someone to build a bed for my daughter.she has the box room and i want the bed built over the box.the box is quite small so i want storage under the bed aswell.i know its prob easy find a carpenter but im looking for someone who has done this before and might have some ideas.im trying to make the best of the small room.
    if anyone has any suggestions or knows of someone id appreciate it.im in waterford city.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

hi emmyf i will send you a PM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Would you not just take the box out of the room to make some more space? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

A lot of the time the box is over the stairwell so cannot be moved.

My husband is a carpenter and he built a cabin bed over the box in my son's room and it has a lot of storage space. It created a lot more space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

we did exactly this for my youngest daughter only last month..we had bunk beds which we were gettign rid of and i literally cut the leggs off the end of one of the bunk beds and laid it ontop of the box and used other bits of wood to level it at other side..have heaps of storage now for under the bed and the room looks so much bigger even though it's a small room but grand for her as she's only 2

Advertisement