Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thank you Tottenham Hotspur

Options
  • 05-05-2010 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭

I'm a pretty straight-forward guy. I like things to be easy and I like it when things go well. And in fairness most of the times things go pretty well. But then there's Spurs. So many times I have cursed my Dad for introducing me to them when I was 7 as with the odd exception, we've had a pretty torrid time of it.

But then tonight happened. I have doubted, I have had problems believing, I have complained, but tonight, all of that is gone. Tonight is the best night I've had supporting Spurs. This wasn't a one off cup game where anything can happen, which, when it goes our way is great. This was a full season. This took hard work, determination, and skill for 37 games, not something that the crowd decided, not something that was decided by a bad pitch, deflected goals, or poor refereeing, but by the players and their management team.

Tonight, it's all worthwhile. What happens in the Champions League (I still can't believe I'm saying that!!) is for another night, but tonight, I have never been prouder of the players and the manager.

Thank you Tottenham Hotspur :D

PS - big shout out to everyone on this forum as well. It's been fantastic to be able to share the journey with so many.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

from a totally different angle... been following the boys since early 80's and they rarely failed to dissapoint, be it the dreaded curse or whatever it was... but that has all ended and it is thanks to a new lucky omen. the wife is due in ten weeks and before the arse, chelsea and tonights match ive had a frew words with the bump about what its going to be like being a yid... and each match we have won. During the utd game the wife went out shopping at half time when it was still nil all.... im telling you all that this impending arrival will be the luckiest supporter we have ever had and it is all good from now on in. Only the true fans like our good selves will know the emotions and tribulations that we have gone through to arrive at this stage but we are finally here... COYS

and heres my new ring tone:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK5E1Iewy7w

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

from a totally different angle... been following the boys since early 80's and they rarely failed to dissapoint, be it the dreaded curse or whatever it was... but that has all ended and it is thanks to a new lucky omen. the wife is due in ten weeks and before the arse, chelsea and tonights match ive had a frew words with the bump about what its going to be like being a yid... and each match we have won. During the utd game the wife went out shopping at half time when it was still nil all.... im telling you all that this impending arrival will be the luckiest supporter we have ever had and it is all good from now on in. Only the true fans like our good selves will know the emotions and tribulations that we have gone through to arrive at this stage but we are finally here... COYS

and heres my new ring tone:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK5E1Iewy7w

ha ha brilliant post - sums up life as a yid

• Registered Users Posts: 38 DJ Defoe

I'm going to post it hear so hopefully my family never see it lol, but tonight was the fist time i have ever cried over a football match. I'm not talkin slight weepies i'm talking full on tears i was that proud of what we have achieved this season. I know over the years we have won trophies and i was proud but tonight was just something differant if unique and that because it was! See it doesn't matter that i was born in North London or if someone else is a season ticket holder, it matters to me that for the first time in God knows how long, we do not need to get a result to stay in or qualify for anything in the last game of the season. However, the Gooners need to not lose which to me is nice pressure for them.

But Champions League.....and we may not have to even qualify yet!!!! Roll on Sunday and COYS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

When we hit the post and had the goal disallowed, I thought - oh, no, it's gonna be one of those nights.

But fair play! They kept their heads, kept their determination, defended really well (one or two hairy moments, including Gomes deciding to add to the heart attacks) and made their keeper show a number of times that he was top-notch.

Proud to be a Spurs supporter watching them absorb the first 12 mins and then barely letting Man City have a sniff for the rest of the match.....hard to imagine it was at Eastlands.

Take a bow, Harry & Co.....you've made us all really proud and happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

A few weeks ago, we feared the four tough games left in the last six, Chelski, Man U, Ars*nal and Man City. Hard to believe that we took 9 points from those games and were level in the Man U game with less than 10 minutes to go. Also look at the bench that we had tonight. As people have said before, the future is bright the future is lilywhite.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭larry1

:):)

CY32620512HarryRedknappa.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 paddyspurs

SuprSi wrote: »
    I'm a pretty straight-forward guy. I like things to be easy and I like it when things go well. And in fairness most of the times things go pretty well. But then there's Spurs. So many times I have cursed my Dad for introducing me to them when I was 7 as with the odd exception, we've had a pretty torrid time of it.

But then tonight happened. I have doubted, I have had problems believing, I have complained, but tonight, all of that is gone. Tonight is the best night I've had supporting Spurs. This wasn't a one off cup game where anything can happen, which, when it goes our way is great. This was a full season. This took hard work, determination, and skill for 37 games, not something that the crowd decided, not something that was decided by a bad pitch, deflected goals, or poor refereeing, but by the players and their management team.

Tonight, it's all worthwhile. What happens in the Champions League (I still can't believe I'm saying that!!) is for another night, but tonight, I have never been prouder of the players and the manager.

Thank you Tottenham Hotspur :D

PS - big shout out to everyone on this forum as well. It's been fantastic to be able to share the journey with so many.

Totally coming from the same angle. i was jumping around the room when final whistle went off. she said i was never this happy when we got married. i said i know, this is better. i got ate alive, but it was worth it. Champions league here we come. Arse, watch behind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

It was my wedding anniversary yesterday - all celebrations were put on hold for the match. I made the mistake of declaring I had never been happier after the final whistle went. :D Lost brownie points. Then declared that I'd never forget our wedding anniversary again as it was now the anniversary of champions league qualification.I was kind of joking but in a way wasn't. :p Lost some more brownie points. Eventually went to bed and proposed a celebaratory you know yourself ;) and was asked if I wanted to celebrate our anniversary or the football. I said honey I'm not going to lie to you - both ! Thankfully she understands my passion for Spurs and let's hope there is a new Yid in 9 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Don't have too much to say as i'm still suffering after last night .... But Happy Days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I have been a spurs fan for 15 years. I have felt what must have been pushing 200 defeats to teams that include wolves, Newcastle, Stoke, Ipswich, Sunderland, West brom, burnley, Bradford, Watford and countless games to the OLD top 4.

I have seen us dumped out of Europe and lost two cup finals been hammered and shifted a 3 goal lead against united.

I never thought I would get over the lazange season but here I am hungover watching sweet valley high in my boxers to sick to move. Thinking none of that matters!

I will never forget last night, I'm not gonna lie I also cried. Amazing how 15 years of heartache can be scrubed away! It's not just finishing in 4th IMO it's showing that we are not bottlers we deserve this over the whole season.

I will put my hands up I did not want Harry here when he arrived, I wanted to shift Gomes and Bale, keep Keane and not sign Crouch. Harry has proven me wrong in every single one of these and he should really be seen as one of the best managers we have ever had! To get ahead of City considering the money they have spent and Liverpool who seem to have had god or blind on their side till know is simply unbelieveable.

I would also like to thank you all here for sharing the last few seasons and espically this one,

I might suggest Ronan that we merge the two race for 4th threads and sticky them because I'm sure their is some great Reading in there.

Finally, who the he'll cares about the FA cup mow?

Here is looking forward to the build up next season and our push for the champions league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

I cannot stop smiling.
    Thank you Spurs.
    Thank you Harry.

From a very proud Spurs fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Anto12

Its been over 24 hous since we qualified for the Champions league ( qualifier ) - Still cant believe it .. I actually was delighted that Harry got the job but was bitterly disapointed when Martin Jol got the sack before Ramos .. Would have to agree about Bale - him & Gomez I would have let go .. but man have they been brilliant (especially Bale in the 2nd half of the season ) Couldnt believe we actually did it - Wife thought I was loosing the run of myself - after seeing so many defeats to finally have a great season and end up 4th !! WOW .. YIDO YIDDO !!! I know this is kinda all over the place but I'm just so overjoyed .. :):) Please god let us get an easy draw for the qualifier stages!! and really look forward to Tue & Wed nights next year !!!

Advertisement