Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor - Oh Lord Mamma protect my sanity...

Options
  • 06-05-2010 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Just wondering if anyone has experience of dealing with a dispute with Meteor?
    Genuinely , it's like trying to deal with an incoherent, substance addled , slow learning, pig ignorant 8 year old.. (apologies in advance for any offence caused to any of the above groups..:rolleyes:)

Want bore with all details but issue is briefly this:

In Sept 09 was incorrectly billed. - Contact Meteor - countless phone calls, hours waiting on hold, constant promises to be called back Nothing.Eventually some standard customer service guy said problem would be rectified on next bill.

Oct 09 bill arrived incorrectly billed - Contact Meteor - countless phone calls - hours on hold -trying to get manager - get one eventually - he promises will rectify the situation and ring me back in 24 hours - 72 hours later no call.

At this stage all details a bit hazt, but rang and rang and rang them , told my issues to countless staff. Eventually rang back by senior female manager , very apologetic, says should never have happened, will get original manager to ring me back, and she promised should we beat him good.:cool:
    Said he'd ring me in 24 hours... Well few days later he did, said should be all finally finished, will be altered on next bill.....

Nov 09 bill unaltered..... no corrections... take bill into three Meteor stores to check i'm not mental or 'special' meself...:rolleyes: Three seperate Meteor stores look at bills and say ' no , you' re right.. that makes no sense... you know what you should do? Contact Meteor Customer Care.....:eek:'

So i am anot paying a bill that makes no sense. Email Meteor to tell them they have a n issue with their billing system, which they have already confirmed for me many many times. So as a result until ,they correctly charge me I will not be paying, which in fairness i believe to be reasonable..
    Receive auto email confirming my mail received will be contacted by customer care in next 48 hours..... Tumble weed.......:pac:

Later in month Meteor cut my service for non payment, end of Nov/start of Dec (think was Dec 2 ) email Meteor again, stating they have cut me off fine, however as they are singularly unable to tell me correctly what they are owed by me i will not be paying anything.. ( forgot to say way back Meteor Customer Cares original solution was pay full overcharged amount, then apply to get what you overpayed back... thanks guys but...:P)

Received mail back saying recieved my mail will be in contact 48 hours....

No contact... Gets into New Year my 12 month contract being up, I write in letter to Meteor stating my contract should not be renewed.. they keep sending bills...service not running. Phone number last used in Nov...

Receive letter from Solicitors in April, stating the matter is no longer with Meteor and unless full amount is paid in 14 days face court action.. This is full amount until April..

I write to Meteor last week, registered mail... to Head of Customer detailing whole boring problem..giving him, postal address, phone number and email address for me.can see from An Post letter was received and signed for last Thursday , as of now Meteor have not been in touch.. Maybe they're just shy?:o

Any advices people? Am tired and just want rid of the feckers at this stage...but not by paying them money I don't owe.. Will contact Comreg tomorrow to see if they can make the bad men go away:eek:

Apologies for length of my message, however they have me nearly broken:P

Surely this has to rare in even with a Customer Care( and Accounts dept ) quite like Meteor... Ta!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Go to a store. Be nice and polite to the staff remembering its not little billy's fault he only sells the phones. (and they will appreciate you for this. Getting them on your side is key) get them to look into it themselves.

This is the dealbreaker. If the store goes at this issue for you its Win for you. as they dont have all the holding etc. etc. and they would have a more direct route to the Top man in Customer Care.

If you get the store on your side it will be solved in hours/ days.

Its a case of getting a quiet enough shop though as a busy store wont have time to chase it up in dept for you and will sadly refer you to customer care.

If all else fail's
    COMREG or NCA

Nobody puts the heeby geebies up retail managers like a call from em.
    Especially when they know your right.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 NKtile

But Mooney I have been so nice and polite!!:D I am always nice and polite:)

But I don't wantttttttttttttt to go to a Meteor shop.. again....

I once spend the journey from Wicklow town to North County Dublin on hold to customer care.... I have rung them, emailed them , begged them, mailed them, spent 5 yoyo's registering them a letter just last week...

I just feel like it's all me me me:rolleyes: Where's the love from their side..?

Its like they dont love me anymore , but they don't want to let me go and love someone else...

Why do I have to fix their problems?:confused:

I know its a pain. But even though its a pain in store theres so much more you can do.
    They have so much more they can do.

They can
    Ring CC themselves,
    Get the Area manager to do it.

On the phone they can pass you from person to person and you really cant do much.
    But if your in the store the sales consultant cant leave you and you can just stay there till you get it sorted.

But do remember again "Its not Billy's fault"

"Its not Billy's faultIts not Billy's faultIts not Billy's faultIts not Billy's faultIts not Billy's faultIts not Billy's faultIts not Billy's faultIts not Billy's faultIts not Billy's faultIts not Billy's faultIts not Billy's faultIts not Billy's faultIts not Billy's faultIts not Billy's faultIts not Billy's faultIts not Billy's faultIts not Billy's faultIts not Billy's faultIts not Billy's faultIts not Billy's faultIts not Billy's faultIts not Billy's faultIts not Billy's faultIts not Billy's faultIts not Billy's faultIts not Billy's faultIts not Billy's faultIts not Billy's faultIts not Billy's faultIts not Billy's faultIts not Billy's faultIts not Billy's faultIts not Billy's faultIts not Billy's faultIts not Billy's faultIts not Billy's faultIts not Billy's faultIts not Billy's faultIts not Billy's faultIts not Billy's faultIts not Billy's faultIts not Billy's fault"

;)

But what happpens if Billy just says 'you have to contact Customer Care, there's nothing we can do from our end' ?

I don't want something bad to happen to Billy.....

Billy can do something and its a case of not leaving the counter untill your happy.

All else fail's
    Take billy as a hostage*.

*maybe not such a good ideas. Infact dont do that.

• Advertisement

I sent you a PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Meteor: Glynn

Hi NKtile,

Sorry to hear all the hassle you have had here. Can you please PM me your details and we'll get somebody to look into and sort this for you.

Ordinarily we can't do this through boards but in this instance we'll chase up on this and try get this sorted for you.

Thanks
    Glynn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭rizzee

There you go Glynn ^^^, give someone the special treatment while plenty of people are waiting on problems! (this is no offence to the OP I know what it feels like i'm in a similar situation!) . I'll be leaving the network soon, everyones stuck up their own hole there. When a problem arises it should be dealt with immediately. The only thing you have going is a good range of phones lately, but thats not going to keep me with you. Bye now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 saraz86

Hi NKtile,

Sorry to hear all the hassle you have had here. Can you please PM me your details and we'll get somebody to look into and sort this for you.

Ordinarily we can't do this through boards but in this instance we'll chase up on this and try get this sorted for you.

Thanks
    Glynn

Meteor have reps on boards.ie?! Oh i've a long email/thread coming!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

mooneyd wrote: »
    Billy can do something and its a case of not leaving the counter untill your happy.

All else fail's
    Take billy as a hostage*.

Ohh Lord, if the store staff get on to customer care and customer care says the the computer still says no you could be at the counter for a very long time, suggest you take in a CV if your going down that route.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭amdaley28

Don't be afraid of the scare tactics. If they wan't to go to court,then so be it. You have done nothing wrong.
    I'm sure you have all this but just in case you don't,have everything documented,who you called ,times etc,have all your bills. Put the whole lot in a folder & keep it there even when this is all sorted. I know what the networks are like. My partner got a bill from Todafone even though she was no longer with them.Also remember that some machine spits out these bills like someone after a bad night on the town.Most of the time no human member of staff ever sees them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

amdaley28 wrote: »
    Don't be afraid of the scare tactics. If they wan't to go to court,then so be it. You have done nothing wrong.
    I'm sure you have all this but just in case you don't,have everything documented,who you called ,times etc,have all your bills. Put the whole lot in a folder & keep it there even when this is all sorted. I know what the networks are like. My partner got a bill from Todafone even though she was no longer with them.Also remember that some machine spits out these bills like someone after a bad night on the town.Most of the time no human member of staff ever sees them.

Sorry to break this to you, but he did do something wrong. He stopped paying the bill and continued to use the service. From their side regardless of whether he is wrong or right, their collections process would have kicked in and when that happens, there is not alot c/s or anyone can do.

In this instance, he should have payed what he deemed fair for the usage on the a/c and not stop paying them altogether. Afterall they did supply him with a service. In my experience, if you pay something, you are in alot stronger of a position than if he did not. When an a/c is suspended, meteor had the right to charge him for as long as they wanted before they pass it to a debt collection agency. This is the same for all networks too afaik. Probably written into the t's and C's

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mopeds

I am a long time meteor customer and in fact an ex employee (from a long time ago). I liked the customer service I USED to get and thought their pricing was very competitive. Twice over the past 2 months I have had occasion to call customer service. Once about their new Bill pay smart lite service and second about a billing error they made on my account and twice I found myself drawn into a hostile battle with a customer care rep I did not ask for. I found this really disappointing. I also do not understand why I have to ring back to get an update on the billing error (which I believe was caused by meteor). I was informed that IT do not make outbound calls.

Am very disappointed in their customer service and think I will be looking to move shortly. Customer care should be about caring for the customer not going out of your way to antagonize

Sorry to break this to you, but he did do something wrong. He stopped paying the bill and continued to use the service. From their side regardless of whether he is wrong or right, their collections process would have kicked in and when that happens, there is not alot c/s or anyone can do.

In this instance, he should have payed what he deemed fair for the usage on the a/c and not stop paying them altogether. Afterall they did supply him with a service. In my experience, if you pay something, you are in alot stronger of a position than if he did not. When an a/c is suspended, meteor had the right to charge him for as long as they wanted before they pass it to a debt collection agency. This is the same for all networks too afaik. Probably written into the t's and C's

I understood that he had received a bill which in his opinion was wrong & refused to pay it. I didn't realize that he refused to pay anymore bills after that.If he continued to use the service and not pay anything at all then he has a problem.He did leave it go on a bit.I think Meteor will get back to him once they have investigated his complaint.Sending a registered letter to them was a good idea as it shows that he is not ignoring them & wants to sort things out.

Hi guys,

I refused to pay a bill because it had erroneous amounts, and figures that not one person in Meteor could explain to me. I gave them every opportunity to do so, indeed agreement with one manager not pay anything until the bill arrived correctly priced as she assured me it would. This never happened. I told them I would not pay until correctly billed. It is not the customers responsibilty
    to help a company sort out their own account issues. I did not refuse to pay, I said I wanted to know what they were looking for payment for and person after person, while viewing my accounts and bills were unable to make head nor tail of their own information. So no, I did not pay a random amount but said if i could be told what was correct amount would do so. After a short time Meteor cut me off, which they had to so. I contacted them a number of times after this, to which i received confirmation that they would. They did not.
    Had they have, I would still be a paying customer.

Anyway don't wish to bicker about it, have now Pm'ed Glynn (above ) my details and am going to wait expectantly....

While you may be right about some things in the T's and C's , I know work quite a bit with all kinds of contracts, and they work both ways, not just to the provider... Any ways I will let you know how things proceed with Meteor.

NKtile wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I refused to pay a bill because it had erroneous amounts, and figures that not one person in Meteor could explain to me. I gave them every opportunity to do so, indeed agreement with one manager not pay anything until the bill arrived correctly priced as she assured me it would. This never happened. I told them I would not pay until correctly billed. It is not the customers responsibilty
    to help a company sort out their own account issues. I did not refuse to pay, I said I wanted to know what they were looking for payment for and person after person, while viewing my accounts and bills were unable to make head nor tail of their own information. So no, I did not pay a random amount but said if i could be told what was correct amount would do so. After a short time Meteor cut me off, which they had to so. I contacted them a number of times after this, to which i received confirmation that they would. They did not.

Anyway don't wish to bicker about it, have now Pm'ed Glynn (above ) my details and am going to wait expectantly....

While you may be right about some things in the T's and C's , I know work quite a bit with all kinds of contracts, and they work both ways, not just to the provider... Any ways I will let you know how things proceed with Meteor.

I'm sure that now you have a direct line so to speak that the matter will be quickly sorted to everyones satisfaction. Do let us know how it goes as I'm sure there will be lessons for all of us here.

Yeah. Do let us know.

Wasnt saying you were completly wrong but just that there was obviously a bit of wrong on both sides here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Meteor: Glynn

Hi guys,

Hi NKtile,

I got your PM and this is being looked into now. I know this has been frustrating so someone will be in contact shortly.

Thanks
    Glynn

To Update....

Have been rung by Meteor, by a lady who I spoke with last year. She apologises for my inconvenience . I don't have my bills handy at the moment , away from home , so she will ring back Tuesday , which we arranged.

The issue of impossible communication with Meteor was something that she was not keen on discussing with me. And when I suggested that if you look online at the countless complaints of Meteor customers of unable to get response from customer care, incl on their on forum, she was particularly unkeen to respond, and i was firmly told that in effect that was irrelevant, and we could only talk about my bill. I was only trying to ask why I had to come on a public forum to get any response in 6 months......

Anyways, the Meteor lady sounds like she will deal with it determindly and I cannot ask for more than that. I am hopeful I can sort this out. Once and for all. We'll see...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

But Mooney I have been so nice and polite!!:D I am always nice and polite:)

I disagree - your first post in this thread was the opposite of this.

I think a polite approach (not a polite for 1 day and then freak out approach) works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

iRock wrote: »
    I disagree - your first post in this thread was the opposite of this.

I think a polite approach (not a polite for 1 day and then freak out approach) works.

In fairness, the first post was born out of a feeling of frustration and annoyance. After having to deal with this company's incompetence for 8 months, do you really expect NKtile to react any differently given the situation?

The manner in which this situation has been handled, by the company in question, is appalling and NKtile should definitely pursue the issue of why he/she had to suffer such a lack of customer care, regardless of whether this representative sees it as being irrelevant; the fact is, it couldn't be more relevant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭dermothickey

to the OP remember every phone call you made to meteor customer care is recorded by a third party company, so any dealings bill queries broken promises of them ringing you back in 24 hrs etc is all recorded. See what you can do to get your hands on these recorded phone calls if you are brought to court this SHOULD help your situation showing that you did not receive the promises made by the company. Comreg love looking in to this kind of situation and should be more than happy to assist you in any way at all possible. Also as far as I'm aware an unpaid telephone bill may affect your credit rating, so once you get this sorted make sure that your credit rating is not affected.

I think that's a bit harsh I-Rock!

I have not once been in anyway rude or impolite to any Meteor representative.
    I simply want the situation resolved , and have not been rude,impolite offensive , shouted or anything.

If you think my post was rude, you must have tremendous levels of patience i have to say. Ask yourself I-Rock, if you had an issue and had not been responded to for 6 months, but within 12 hours of posting your issue publicly online, what would you think? Coincidence?

Just wanted to thank all posters for any advice, have appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Calls are recorded by meteor themselves & also by there outsource partner, however it is used for quality monitoring and training and the calls themselves have a lifespan of 30 days...so i dont think thats a viable option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭dermothickey

As far as I'm aware when they tell you that calls are for training and monitoring purposes that that is that particular call may be used for it, though it is also recorded by the third party company... I thought they needed to keep the record of all calls for 5 years or so..maybe comreg can tell us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Just wanted to thank all posters for any advice, have appreciated.
    I went through something similar with an insurance company whilst trying to claim a policy refund I was fully entitled to, and they claimed they had no problem sending the cheque. It dragged out aprox 3 months with countless calls to various people and countless apologies and excuses to boot.

Eventually, I had enough and the refund became a side issue. I demanded the full refund and told them I now required costs for every phone call (at 65c per min) I made to them, and my hourly rate of pay for the duration of the phone calls I had to make (during work hours) to get it sorted.

And I wasn't resting till I got it. They eventually gave in and I got the full refund and all my costs.

So, at the very least, I would demand the cost of your registered letter from them. A token gesture wouldn't kill them either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

Just wondering if anyone has experience of dealing with a dispute with Meteor?
    Genuinely , it's like trying to deal with an incoherent, substance addled , slow learning, pig ignorant 8 year old.. (apologies in advance for any offence caused to any of the above groups..:rolleyes:)

Want bore with all details but issue is briefly this:

In Sept 09 was incorrectly billed. - Contact Meteor - countless phone calls, hours waiting on hold, constant promises to be called back Nothing.Eventually some standard customer service guy said problem would be rectified on next bill.

Oct 09 bill arrived incorrectly billed - Contact Meteor - countless phone calls - hours on hold -trying to get manager - get one eventually - he promises will rectify the situation and ring me back in 24 hours - 72 hours later no call.

At this stage all details a bit hazt, but rang and rang and rang them , told my issues to countless staff. Eventually rang back by senior female manager , very apologetic, says should never have happened, will get original manager to ring me back, and she promised should we beat him good.:cool:
    Said he'd ring me in 24 hours... Well few days later he did, said should be all finally finished, will be altered on next bill.....

Nov 09 bill unaltered..... no corrections... take bill into three Meteor stores to check i'm not mental or 'special' meself...:rolleyes: Three seperate Meteor stores look at bills and say ' no , you' re right.. that makes no sense... you know what you should do? Contact Meteor Customer Care.....:eek:'

So i am anot paying a bill that makes no sense. Email Meteor to tell them they have a n issue with their billing system, which they have already confirmed for me many many times. So as a result until ,they correctly charge me I will not be paying, which in fairness i believe to be reasonable..
    Receive auto email confirming my mail received will be contacted by customer care in next 48 hours..... Tumble weed.......:pac:

Later in month Meteor cut my service for non payment, end of Nov/start of Dec (think was Dec 2 ) email Meteor again, stating they have cut me off fine, however as they are singularly unable to tell me correctly what they are owed by me i will not be paying anything.. ( forgot to say way back Meteor Customer Cares original solution was pay full overcharged amount, then apply to get what you overpayed back... thanks guys but...:P)

Received mail back saying recieved my mail will be in contact 48 hours....

No contact... Gets into New Year my 12 month contract being up, I write in letter to Meteor stating my contract should not be renewed.. they keep sending bills...service not running. Phone number last used in Nov...

Receive letter from Solicitors in April, stating the matter is no longer with Meteor and unless full amount is paid in 14 days face court action.. This is full amount until April..

I write to Meteor last week, registered mail... to Head of Customer detailing whole boring problem..giving him, postal address, phone number and email address for me.can see from An Post letter was received and signed for last Thursday , as of now Meteor have not been in touch.. Maybe they're just shy?:o

Any advices people? Am tired and just want rid of the feckers at this stage...but not by paying them money I don't owe.. Will contact Comreg tomorrow to see if they can make the bad men go away:eek:

Apologies for length of my message, however they have me nearly broken:P

Surely this has to rare in even with a Customer Care( and Accounts dept ) quite like Meteor... Ta!

any time you get a letter in future just put RTS (return to sender) on it and post it back...take it you have a new phone from a different company?
    i had same issue with o2 years ago got solicitor letters too after a few months of sending RTS letters back they stopped happy days :D

cast_iron wrote: »

Eventually, I had enough and the refund became a side issue. I demanded the full refund and told them I now required costs for every phone call (at 65c per min) I made to them, and my hourly rate of pay for the duration of the phone calls I had to make (during work hours) to get it sorted.

I am sorry but this is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read.

Regardless of how long a company takes to resolve an issue, they should never have to pay you your hourly rate of pay for any time taken to resolve it. Call charges are fair enough if they are costing you anything but claiming for time spent trying to get it sorted is being completely . They are not your employers and while you may have done this during working hours, a company should not be liable for any professional fees you may or may not feel entitled to charge because you chose to call during working hours.

Surely you were getting paid by your employer for this time also.

Surely I am not the only person who feels this way.

As regards the OP's case, Any costs incurred during this, would be fair to claim back, but any time spent doing this should really not be compensated for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

a company should not be liable for any professional fees you may or may not feel entitled to charge because you chose to call during working hours.
    Whilst I agree with your sentiments, the company's accounts' dept - which was the only dept that could deal with the refund issue - was only contactable at standard office hours - which are the hours I (and most people) work. So unless I was unemployed or did shift/night work, I wasn't going to get to talk to them unless I was at work. And the entire debacle was caused entirely by their own incompetence.

This is why I felt I was forced into the situation of claiming for my costs - I had no choice, and it was one of the main reasons they acceded to my request.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭jamesd

@cast_iron - Did you pay tax on the 2nd wage they paid you?

Advertisement