Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jumping through hoops with AIB

Options
  • 06-05-2010 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

hey guys anyone recently , or currently, going through AIB for their mortgage.. im getting really peeved with them at the mo. it just seems to be one thing after the other with this crowd, it took me a month to get sanctioned for a loan IN PRINCIPLE after more than fulfilling every obligation they lay out in their terms and conditions, a further month to get the actual loan offer and now its been another 2 weeks since signing the deeds etc that my solicitor has been waiting for the cheque to draw down!!
    in the past 2 weeks (since signing the loan offer) i've had to resupply a _clearer photocopy of my driving licence (sfa wrong with the 1st one imo)
    _return a valuation report to tick a box that said the auctioneer is registered
    _get the address of my new home altered on my house insurance as the word cross (house is just off a crossroads) didnt appear on it
    and now the latest after getting said evaluation form ticked in correct place, ive been told, a week later, that the bank want the insurance details of the auctionner who valued it
    really pulling my hair out with this shower,:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: please someone say theres light at the end of the tunnel :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭warrenaldo

I am getting my mortgage with AIB - due to drawdown on the loan next week.

If I have half the problems you mentioned I will be pissed. I assumed it was straight forward enough - as you jump through so many hoops to get to this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

warrenaldo wrote: »
    I am getting my mortgage with AIB - due to drawdown on the loan next week.

If I have half the problems you mentioned I will be pissed. I assumed it was straight forward enough - as you jump through so many hoops to get to this stage.

hopefully you wont mate, the amount of work it takes to get to the draw down stage is thorough and probably rightly so, given the economy etc, but after sanctioning the loan i cant understand why they need to nit pick on all these silly little things!! to make matters worse i bought the house at auction 4 weeks ago, deposits down -10%- and the completition date (for remainder of money due) is set for tommorr week, stressful stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

didnt really have any problems - just one tiny bit, one day before drawdown, they mysteriously couldnt find any of our documentation. Queue a LOT of panicky phone calls. But it turned out they just filed all our docs under an older mortgage application number, for another house (where the sale fell through).

Oh, and after supplying our credit union accounts for their inspection, they wanted a current (as in, pretty much on the day) statement to make sure that the money going into the CU account was not paying off a loan (which it wasnt, and never had - they could have seen that from the previous statements).

Apart from that, they were grand, and our local mortgage adviser really good to deal with!

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭sadie9

They asked for the bank statements again at the last minute, because what happened in the old days was - Applicant told Bank that parents were supplying the deposit which actually wasn't the case.
    Have gotten approval for mortgage and supplying all documention, Applicant then went and got a car loan out for the deposit from a different bank, safe in the knowledge that the first wouldn't ask to see any more documents before the sale went through.

Nowadays the Banks have to cover their backsides more and make sure people aren't getting sneaky loans elsewhere to make up their shortfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭oflahero

Look on the bright side. The longer it takes, the more prices are dropping. You may unwittingly end up saving tens of thousands thanks to AIB's unwitting officiousness...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭waffleman

hey guys anyone recently , or currently, going through AIB for their mortgage.. im getting really peeved with them at the mo. it just seems to be one thing after the other with this crowd, it took me a month to get sanctioned for a loan IN PRINCIPLE after more than fulfilling every obligation they lay out in their terms and conditions, a further month to get the actual loan offer and now its been another 2 weeks since signing the deeds etc that my solicitor has been waiting for the cheque to draw down!!
    in the past 2 weeks (since signing the loan offer) i've had to resupply a _clearer photocopy of my driving licence (sfa wrong with the 1st one imo)
    _return a valuation report to tick a box that said the auctioneer is registered
    _get the address of my new home altered on my house insurance as the word cross (house is just off a crossroads) didnt appear on it
    and now the latest after getting said evaluation form ticked in correct place, ive been told, a week later, that the bank want the insurance details of the auctionner who valued it
    really pulling my hair out with this shower,:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: please someone say theres light at the end of the tunnel :rolleyes:

I'm interested to know if there's any value in attending auctions - I've seen previous auction threads but the prices still look ridiculous and not many properties actually sell. If possible please provide some details on your purchase?
    - price paid
    - how you heard about the auction
    - type / size of house
    - general area the house is in

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

waffleman wrote: »
    I'm interested to know if there's any value in attending auctions - I've seen previous auction threads but the prices still look ridiculous and not many properties actually sell. If possible please provide some details on your purchase?
    - price paid
    - how you heard about the auction
    - type / size of house
    - general area the house is in

Thanks!

solicitor just called there, moneys in the bank so everythings sorted :D
    waffleman ill send you a pm

Advertisement