Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUTOR ME PLEASE? SSF4

Options
  • 06-05-2010 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭

please help i just need a dig out getting to grips with this game!!!

I WILL IMPROVE I KNOW BUT WHEN IM ONLINE I PANIC LOL

just picked up ssf4 yesterday and could do with some help thanks xbox 360 player as below if u wanna add me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Shoryuken.com
    Youtube.com
    nicovideo.jp
    BeastDaigo.co.jp

Join a few lobbies & come to meetups too!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Start with the tips thread at the top of this forum. Full of handy info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Mash dp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Bush80 wrote: »
    Mash dp

This

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Pick Zangief(the big Russsian wrestler) and alternate between pressing 3 punches and/or 3 kicks, occasionally spinning the analogue stick in a clockwise/counter-clockwise motion....

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Ken B wrote: »
    Pick Zangief(the big Russsian wrestler) and alternate between pressing 3 punches and/or 3 kicks, occasionally spinning the analogue stick in a clockwise/counter-clockwise motion....

;)

or pick vega so you always have an excuse handy when you lose :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Coming to real-life casuals (in dublin or limerick) will always improve your game.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    or pick vega so you always have an excuse handy when you lose :pac:
    It was a real struggle choosing between himself and Dan alright!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

just picked up ssf4 yesterday and could do with some help thanks xbox 360 player as below if u wanna add me?

Ray, correct me if I'm wrong, but are you not from Limerick? I may have you confused with someone else :confused:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

If you really want to improve, try to come to a meet up. A couple of hours getting beaten up by people as they tell you how they're doing it always does me wonders :D

Further more, if you're panicing online, you should try tournament play. There's many times the pressure in a tourney match. Suddenly, online games are totally casual. :)

That said, I'm ayjayirl online, I'll give anyone a few fights and I have no problem telling you what I think after.

PLease note- someone else uses my account too and also plays super so if you're gettign alot of Juri or Ryu it isn't me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

think im defo gonna have to come to a meet if i wanna improve!

im in kildare so really dublin is handier than limerick but wouldnt mind limerick if i trained it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

im in kildare so really dublin is handier than limerick but wouldnt mind limerick if i trained it lol
    Its actually amazing how much you learn even going to one meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Aren't DooM and AJ in Kildare too?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Aren't DooM and AJ in Kildare too?

Yes we are. Celbridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

It depends on the character you use? Who do you play mostly? I'm pretty much a shoto fan and my advice for myself a long time ago was not to leave the ground. There's plenty of ways to get in without jumping! Even though i prefer the zoning game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Next time you've a session with someone from here online , ask them to critique you in this thread or another.

But deffo head to the meets man you won't regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

another thing is, watch yourself back on the replay channel. you can see what mistakes your making much more easily second time around.

^This

Totally agree, this really helped me get better at 3s back when I played that online on 2df and the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Sagat06 wrote: »
    another thing is, watch yourself back on the replay channel. you can see what mistakes your making much more easily second time around.

This is easily the best thing about Super. Every online match you have is stored temporarily in your battle log. Very easy to look back over a sessions matches and see what you did right or wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

This is easily the best thing about Super. Every online match you have is stored temporarily in your battle log. Very easy to look back over a sessions matches and see what you did right or wrong.

Seconded - so much better being able to watch your matches. When you consider a Street Fighter round is max 99 seconds, it's a whirlwind. Being able to watch yourself back is a great plus - I don't care about uploading to the world but I've always wanted to watch my own games...And the fact that you can watch with invited friends is even better - then you can have an outsiders opinion on your games!

Not quite as cringe inducing I was expecting - actually enjoyed watching some of mine back...And others I save to tell myself - block high, then low if I ever meet this player again :D

🤪

• Advertisement

I got beaten by a tracksuit-wearing Blanka the other night and stuck on the replay(partly to see the alt again)and I literally couldn't see how I could've done any better. Blanka is still a total and utter c-nut....!!:(:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Every online match you have is stored temporarily in your battle log..

Battlelog?

Where would one find this, and how long are the matches stored for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

its in the replay channel bottom or top right hand corner.... keeps the last 10/15 matches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I counted the matches, it keeps 30. Pretty good.

ok was watchin stats when i was playin live and my offense was A my technique was A and defense was v poor E kinda know what im at with ryu but need to practice and defo get to a meet soon!

think its confidence was playing xinkai and azza the other day lol not a great confidence booster lol great playing abilities by both ;)

my problem is i cant settle on a character and learn them i think i have OCD:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

my problem is i cant settle on a character and learn them i think i have OCD:eek:
    Nah, it'll come to ya. Sure it took me a whole year to say I'm sticking to Cody, and noone believes me! :p

Just make sure you pick up the knife kiki ;)

:pac:

OK UNTIL I LEARN HOW TO PLAY RYU REALLY SUCCESFULLY HE IS MY MAIN AND IM STICKING WITH HIM DEFO LOL ocd??

anyone on xboxlive now for a game? add me away HUGEBASHER

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

You may not think it but right now you are "ahead", in that you're not insanely addicted to the game and frustrating yourself to hell by dropping combos, whiffing moves, and generally getting battered for months and months on end by everyone else with no sign of improvement bar beating your mates who just play at home for the odd laugh which is not enough of a challenge to offer any satisfaction from the win anyway.

You know what they say to do while you're ahead...

What I did :D

Though I was behind by the time I did it :o

Advertisement