Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The By-Election

Options
  • 06-05-2010 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭

Yesterday the Dail reinforced why we don't need "E-Voting" when two government back benchers pressed the wrong button and left the Dail tied at 76 votes for and 76 against with regards the holding of the Donegal South West By Election.
    As if it wasn't poor enough form that 78 T.D.s attempted to prevent the By Election, but then the Ceann comhairle, put in place by the government, but nominally (I stress "nominally") reagarded as "neutral" then cast his vote in support of the government.
    This may be the norm but in consideration of the fact that the Donegal South West constituency has been denied it's full quota of representation in the Dail for the past year, is it right that the chair of our national parliament voted to further deny the people of Donegal the chance to elect someone to represent them and their interests?
    The media doesn't seem to be bothered, but I find it troubling to say the least. What do the people of that constituency think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

I don't think its make much difference to be honest that we only have 2 TD's instead of 3. Not as many options to help get a passport I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Vinegar Hill

Actually we only have 1 TD instead of 3. McDaid is only at the Dail 17% of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Actually we only have 1 TD instead of 3. McDaid is only at the Dail 17% of the time.
    McDaid is in the north east constituency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

<SNIP>

Seriously WTH? this has nout to do with a by-election in SW donegal lol. you have way way too much time on your hands!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Firblog

Outside bet... Pat the Cope Gallagher to run in the bye-election caused by Pat the Cope Gallagher resigning his Dial seat after winning a european seat....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

I'd say that's less than an outside bet and more of a runner - if only Paddy Power could give odds I 'd take his hand off at 6 to 4 ;)

Advertisement